Gen1

There are too many contradictions and faults in the Christian bible for me to take it as the word of God
Etu,
That is the single, unarguable, mark of a lost man... a man without God. When I was an Atheist, that, single, argument stood as my standard. It remained my argument for the twenty-three plus years after the first seven words God uttered to me and only disappeared in the hour that the Holy Ghost overcame and indwelt me.

You find contradictions and faults, only, because you are not indwelt and therefore, led, by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is pure gibberish to the Lost Man, just as God had it recorded that it should be. There is not one, single, contradiction, nor is there a fault in any of the time proven translations.

Etu,
That is the single, unarguable, mark of a lost man... a man without God. When I was an Atheist, that, single, argument stood as my standard. It remained my argument for the twenty-three plus years after the first seven words God uttered to me and only disappeared in the hour that the Holy Ghost overcame and indwelt me.

You find contradictions and faults, only, because you are not indwelt and therefore, led, by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is pure gibberish to the Lost Man, just as God had it recorded that it should be. There is not one, single, contradiction, nor is there a fault in any of the time proven translations.
I'm just fine, but thank you for your concern. I'm not here to argue about this book, I was asked a question and answered it, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. I never said it was pure gibberish, just not the word of the Abrahamic God.

But let me ask you since we're on the subject . . . "How do you know that the Bible is God's word?"
Does the Bible anywhere claim to be God’s word and to be infallible? No, it doesn't, so why would anyone else?

In one example even Paul made it clear that he was writing personal letters, not dictating whatever God was telling him to write down. He even says literally in three verses that these are his words, and not God’s!

Corinthians 7:12; "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."

Corinthians 7:25; "Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful."

Corinthians 11:17; "That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting."

'If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.' I Corinthians 14:37

You didn't notice this one. The fact that Paul interjected occasionally things that were of his (Apostolic, and thus authoritative) judgment does not mean that he denied divine inspiration of his writings. He affirmed that his writings were commandments from God. Peter reaffirmed the divine authority of Paul's writings as scripture. II Peter 3:

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter clearly places Paul's writings on par with the Jewish scripture as inspired scripture.

"The Lord spoke" or "Thus sayeth the Lord", even if God really did say those things, that doesn't mean that when Paul said "I say" this and that, that it is the same thing. Nor does it mean that all the verses where God speaks directly reflect what he actually said either.

Inspiration is just that . . . it is one thing to be inspired to write about one's beliefs and another to claim said writings are the words themselves of God. If this doctrine was so central and core to Christianity, then why are there only a few vague verses about it, out of over 33,000?

If there were only one verse about it, that would sufficient to establish the doctrine.
II Peter 1:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

II Timothy 3:
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

It is called the word of truth.

II Timothy 2:
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Bible claims divine inspiration for itself. It claims to be the truth. You either believe it's claims or not. Spiritual truths are not revealed by flesh and blood, but are given by divine revelation to the Lord's disciples. Matthew 16:17:

flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

If any man is truly and honestly willing to do God's will, he will know of Christ's teachings, whether they be of man, or of God. The attitude of heart is what reveals these things to the eyes of men. John 7:17:

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Oh come on . . . Jesus is stated as saying we need to follow the OT, and that isn't done at all, thank goodness because the God of the OT is not as nice as the God of the NT.

Matthew 5:18-19
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 16:17
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."

All the law will be accomplished. It all points to Jesus, and serves in this age to bring conviction for sin. Read more in Paul, and perhaps you will grasp these truths. Hebrews 9:1
1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience.

The shadows being fulfilled, believers in this dispensation are free from those shadows which have been fulfilled in Christ. Colossians 2:
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Hence, the law has not passed away, but it's reality is fulfilled in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. The law is still here for our example. I Corinthians 10:
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

We do not observe the elements of the law that are shadows because the reality of the shadow has arrived. However, we still receive divine revelation from these 'shadows', as they point us to blessed truths concerning God's son. It also must be pointed out that the law was not given to all men everywhere, but rather was a special covenant between God and only one nation. Exodus 19:

3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Mr. Darby,
I can understand the fulfillment of prophecy changing the game, but I can't see why the God of the OT is very different than the God of the NT? Would they not be the same God?

Mr. Darby,
I can understand the fulfillment of prophecy changing the game, but I can't see why the God of the OT is very different than the God of the NT? Would they not be the same God?
The God of the Bible did not change from the OT to the NT. The God of the Old Testament has mercy on the repentant and judges those who persist in their sins. The God of the New Testament has mercy on the repentant and judges those who persist in their sins.

Malachi 3:6

For I am the LORD, I change not.

The God of the OT is a blood thirsty revengeful jealous god . . . nothing like the NT God

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

The God of the OT is a blood thirsty revengeful jealous god . . . nothing like the NT God

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!
Haha, there are many more examples...wait until you see the seven trumpets in the tribulation ;). The bigger question is WHY do you ignore all the 'other' OT scripture? Especially those that normally precede His destruction... like the plagues sent to the Egyptians at increasing levels of severity...Jonah 4:2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.

You look at scripture of God's wrath OT and judge Him as ''blood thirsty revengeful jealous''? If you looked properly at any of your examples you would see there was a just reason behind every calamity.

Judge God by all means, but do it properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, there are many more examples...wait until you see the seven trumpets in the tribulation ;). The bigger question is WHY do you ignore all the 'other' OT scripture? Especially those that normally precede His destruction... like the plagues sent to the Egyptians at increasing levels of severity...Jonah 4:2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.

You look at scripture of God's wrath OT and judge Him as ''blood thirsty revengeful jealous''? If you looked properly at any of your examples you would see there was a just reason behind every calamity.

Judge God by all means, but do it properly.
You can't justify something by writing something that justifies it . . . isn't called circular logic or a straw man or something?
True . . . the end of the Greatest Story Ever Told does go out with a huge bang! If only Hollywood has centuries to write a great script too!

As for the plagues of Egypt, there's no archeological evidence any of them happened, and neither that there was any Exodus.

Definitely not circular or straw man argument. Rather, saying what you did is an attempt at obfuscation. I simply corrected you with logic and have a yet unanswered question.

Correction - Since you are accusing God by using the bible...dont look at half the facts. Look at all before you judge = logic / law 101 ;)
Unanswered question - Why are you only looking at half the facts? and the half that paint an ugly picture of God? How can you / why do you miss / ignore John 3:16?

Let's look at this verse now that you brought it up . . .
"16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

So, God creates Adam & Eve, then he creates sin, then he has them commit sin, then sends his only son down to die for this sin that he created in the first place! Bizarre behavior . . .

God doesn't create sin or force anyone to do it. You have drawn the wrong picture of God in your mind. God is omniscient and sovereign, correct. But He is also impartial Acts 10:34 and good Psalms 136:1. He is all at the same time. So even though He can create beings to serve Him unconditionally, He doesn't!

All this 'bizarre behaviour' points to free will and a good God.

Put yourself in God's shoes for a sec. How do you get mankind to be with you without being an evil God who forces them to serve you? You give them free will. You put them in an environment where they can choose to accept or reject you. For this they need time. They need to know their options (place evil (devil) in the environment).

Jesus is God. God laying His life down for us on the cross shows us three important things. 1. He loves us. As giving your life for someone is the greatest act of love John 15:13. 2. He will not budge on His law in place on sin. 'Wages of sin is death'. It is good to hate what is evil. It is good to show your creation that even you are bound by the law you have put in place on them. 3. There is an inescapable suffering coming upon those that reject Him.

We have a chance here on earth to accept or reject Jesus. Our decision when we leave this earth is final and binding. God is a good judge. Nobody that wants to be with Him will go to hell and nobody that doesn't want to be with Him will go to heaven. Logic tells us that all who are alive have hope.

It all starts off with, 'do you accept and approve of the teachings of Jesus?' Do you approve of turning the left cheek, feeding your enemies? We cannot deny that the teachings of Jesus defied logic! They put us and every religion in a corner! James 1:27

Last edited:
Let's look at this verse now that you brought it up . . .
"16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

So, God creates Adam & Eve, then he creates sin, then he has them commit sin, then sends his only son down to die for this sin that he created in the first place! Bizarre behavior . . .

NOPE.....Bizarre observation for a learned man.

Your opinion is flawed from the very beginning which clouds everything else. God did not create sin. God is holy and He would not create that which is contrary to His nature. Sinfulness is the opposite of holiness. It is lawlessness . God is the author of the Law which is a reflection of His holy character. Therefore, God cannot create that which is in direct violation of the Law any more than a person can wish himself to be bigger than the sun. It just isn’t possible.

If one misses that, he misses everything and winds up thinking as you do.

'If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.' I Corinthians 14:37

You didn't notice this one. The fact that Paul interjected occasionally things that were of his (Apostolic, and thus authoritative) judgment does not mean that he denied divine inspiration of his writings. He affirmed that his writings were commandments from God. Peter reaffirmed the divine authority of Paul's writings as scripture. II Peter 3:

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter clearly places Paul's writings on par with the Jewish scripture as inspired scripture.
Thanks for the timely post Mr. Darby, I was at the VA about my meds and your response is so correct.

"The Lord spoke" or "Thus sayeth the Lord", even if God really did say those things, that doesn't mean that when Paul said "I say" this and that, that it is the same thing. Nor does it mean that all the verses where God speaks directly reflect what he actually said either.

Inspiration is just that . . . it is one thing to be inspired to write about one's beliefs and another to claim said writings are the words themselves of God. If this doctrine was so central and core to Christianity, then why are there only a few vague verses about it, out of over 33,000?
The author of the scriptures, all of them, is God! The writers of the scriptures are. what, we today, call, secretaries. As I have already, tried to. explain to you and you never, even, addressed, God has had it recorded three times in His Word that any man that either adds or subtracts to the Word He has had recorded will be Eternally Damned. There is not, one single word in a Hebrew, English, Spanish, Latin, German, Russian, nor any other language that is not the Word of God, God, the Father, has guaranteed it.

Your issue is the god you worship and try to convenes us to follow and this god is not God. There is no limit on the power of God, the Father, God, the Son nor of God, the Holy Spirit. Your, intentional ignorance and gross arrogance are nothing, any Christian will ever exhibit. I point this out, not to pump me, KingJ, Chili, Jeff, nor any of the other member here. We are the hands, feet, legs, arms and the Body of the Christ and nothing more. Major, Mr. Darby and all the rest of us have engaged you, not because we possess special knowledge, but because we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and He loves, even, you.

If you ever get rid of the spirit of Satan and submit your will to that of God, the Father, you will do the study I suggested and you refused to even address in a logical manor.

Oh come on . . . Jesus is stated as saying we need to follow the OT, and that isn't done at all, thank goodness because the God of the OT is not as nice as the God of the NT.
All else you posted is invalidated by this, gross, misstatement. It has already been gifted to you by another but Mal. 3:6 states it all and, true to His Word, has never changed.

Back