Generational and DNA

The Word mentions generational curses for sin. Is that involved in the degradation of DNA? Genes? Or what are your impressions?

The Word mentions generational curses for sin. Is that involved in the degradation of DNA? Genes? Or what are your impressions?
Short question, but a must long answer.

It is very interesting you mention this. Scientists have shown that experiences can be transferred via DNA up to three generations. Since Jeremiah say that what the father's sins will not be transferred to their kids, Jer 31:29-33, that means that there is no such thing as generational curse, as some claim. It means that the our experiences are stored in our DNA. Scientists also say that only 3% of our DNA is understood to affect our bodies, so what does the other 97% do? They say it's gibberish, but I say let's go to to the scriptures:

Proverbs 18:8 (KJV)
The words of a talebearer [are] as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

Here it says our experiences are stored in our bodies. Our brains are used to calculate our experiences and executes judgment which is then stored in our hearts. But Jeremiah also says:

Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV)
The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The interesting thing is that this is an accurate translation. Here's what it really says:

The heart is trampled on above all, and completely sick, who can know it?
The word deceitful is also the meaning of foot-tracked. In fact, think of the phrase "he walked all over me". I'll almost bet everyone of any age can remember vividly the first love dumped them. Why is that? Feelings. The stronger the feelings the stronger the memory. The word for desperately wicked, isn't ra - evil - but feeble, sick, brokenhearted. We say Jesus came to die for us, to pay for our sins, and this is true, but what is it HE said about why He came?

Luke 4:18 (KJV)
The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Wow! There it is! Heal the brokenhearted (foot-tracked) and to recover the sight to the blind. People like to spiritualize everything and not make it a part of their lives. Well, here's their chance. Our minds execute judgment of our experiences, but what if we don't have all the facts? Would then our judgments be true and pure? So Jesus came to heal our heart and clear out our mind's blindness.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

So if you're still with me, I'm sure you're asking what's that got to do with this verse:

Exodus 20:5 (KJV)
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

The word for visit is the same as deposit. And the word for iniquity is guilt and perverse. Everything in the world is cause and effect. Because of Adam the word was cursed, not that God cursed it, but because Adam sinned, Gen 3. Cause and Effect. This whole thing is proven and well known in science - just look at an alcoholic father, then the son, then the grandson. When you go to the doctor what's the first thing they ask? Family health history.

Science used to believe you have fixed things about you because of your DNA. The truth is, they're just on and off switches. God has given us the ability to fix this in faith, that is what salvation means.

Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)
A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

What's in the bones? Marrow. What does the marrow do? Bone marrow is the source of red blood cells, platelets, and most white blood cells. So if our negative experiences breaks our spirit, then our bones dry up and if that happens we get sick, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But a merry heart is like medicine - the word medicine is literally cure, healing.

So as a Christian what does all this mean? We are born into a sinful world, taught by a sinful world and all that negativity dries up our bones, so we are to:

Romans 12:2 (KJV)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jesus' death gave us the ABILITY. It's up to use to fix ourselves with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 18:9 (KJV)
He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.

Here's the amplified version:

Proverbs 18:9 Amplified Bible (AMP)

He who is loose and slack in his work is brother to him who is a destroyer and [a] he who does not use his endeavors to heal himself is brother to him who commits suicide.

Footnotes:
a. This verse so reads in The Septuagint (Greek translation of the Old Testament). Its statement squarely addresses the problem of whether one has a moral right to neglect his body by “letting nature take its unhindered course” in illness. LINK

How interesting! I hope you hung around until this point. I brought all this up because it also ties right into forgiveness. Check out my other thread on this issue.

Check out this thread I started on this:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/importance-of-rightly-dividing-the-word-of-god.39700

Back