Generations..

think of this,
Christianity started in England in about say 250 AD,
If you are a Christian today in England you have nothing in common with any of the previous
generations
of Christians who lived in England from 250 onwards.
Except faith in Christ.
The language has changed, morphed, transformed, even in our generation its changing,
the clothes worn today were not even worn the same a hundred ago.
Every Generation of Christians even within a country are in fact a new nation,
different in every way.

When you get to heaven and you say, that guy over there is from England,
you have to say from what century because the name England itself would be meaningless to
the roman English Christians or the angle Saxons or Vikings or the middle ages or whatever.
The first Americans have nothing in common with you
other then a geographic location name.
God is saving not only cultures but timestamped cultures.
or think of this,
if there are say 500 cultures on earth today, theres probably thousands,
there might be tens of thousands of cultures in heaven.

Eph 2:12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

and
Gal 3:25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,
Gal 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
The things that capture my attention here is that we are all to be one in Christ...a timeless commonwealth or nation of the sons of God.
I think that since there is neither Greek nor Jew, our earthly ties will dissolve in the Glory of the Lamb of God.
But that is me thinking.

Back