Genesis 2:21

Dusty

Inactive
Genesis 2:21

Genesis 2:21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [a] and closed up the place with flesh.

Footnotes:
  1. Genesis 2:21 Or took part of the man's side
Wow, as I was reading this and probably it is not new but as a nurse , I thought : God was the first to perform surgery. He administered the anesthesia ,did the surgery and closed up the wound.

Ephesians 5:30 ..for we are members of his body.

Mark 10:6-8

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'[a] 7'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8and the two will become one flesh.'[c] So they are no longer two, but one.

Footnotes:
  1. Mark 10:6 Gen. 1:27
  2. Mark 10:7 Some early manuscripts do not have and be united to his wife.
  3. Mark 10:8 Gen. 2:24

Genesis 2:21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [a] and closed up the place with flesh.

Footnotes:
  1. Genesis 2:21 Or took part of the man's side
Wow, as I was reading this and probably it is not new but as a nurse , I thought : God was the first to perform surgery. He administered the anesthesia ,did the surgery and closed up the wound.

Ephesians 5:30 ..for we are members of his body.

Mark 10:6-8

"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'[a] 7'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8and the two will become one flesh.'[c] So they are no longer two, but one.

Footnotes:
  1. Mark 10:6 Gen. 1:27
  2. Mark 10:7 Some early manuscripts do not have and be united to his wife.
  3. Mark 10:8 Gen. 2:24

So God had Adam in stitches. Hmmmm Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? :D

Not only does He have a sense of humor, he speaks in double entendre and riddle.

Each word in Gen 2:21 has multiple meanings:
Flesh = mankind
took = married
rib = limping, side, etc. You can verify these in a Hebrew dictionary.

Since Adam is a type of Christ the verse now reads:
"And God caused Christ to die and he died and he married a certain limping side and redeemed mankind."

The limping side of Christ is obviously the side with the bruised heel.

If this were an isolated instance of such a thing it might be argued that it is accidental. However, I have found such pictures of Christ nearly everywhere I have looked in the scriptures.

That's the biggest twist of scripture I have ever seen bob jones

Excuse me? I have made a simple observation. Did you even try to verify the facts?

Scripture twisting is a serious accusation in some circles, so what theology have I violated? In order to twist scripture, you must be presuming that you have an infallible set of rules to play by. Please state them and the scriptural basis for them for me since I am new here and it will give me a basis to know where you're coming from.

Thanks.

actually I wanted to laugh because I thought it was funny (no offense) but then I saw your name and I remembered something.

I can understand your point for choosing other words, it could be that you are right. but to put Christ into that.. I don't see it bro :p
this is talking about Adam and Eve being taken out of him

Reason I laughed is not to ridicule you no lol.
but because the real verse is this

"21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"

and some how you made it out to be

""And God caused Christ to die and he died and he married a certain limping side and redeemed mankind."

:p

sorry mate I feel bad. I Didn't meant twist as satan twists but twist as changing the whole verse. I laughed at the result only lol. not at what Christ did. but at what you managed to do with the verse :p

sorry mate I feel bad. I Didn't meant twist as satan twists but twist as changing the whole verse. I laughed at the result only lol. not at what Christ did. but at what you managed to do with the verse :p

Ramsey I thought you laughed because you told yourself a joke you had not heard before.

I admit that the translated rendition sounds a little funny, but it does bear thinking about

Adam and Eve Christ and the Church.

Adam fell into a deep sleep . Christ dies on the cross

Substance of Adam's body Church is both the body and the
became his bride bride of Christ

Adam and Eve brought into union Christ and the Church to
be united forever

Woman shared in man's nature AND Church partakes of the
called by his name nature of Christ

The pair governed earth jointly Church to rule and
reign with Christ

Eve fulfilled an essential role Church's task is to fulfill
as Adam's helper Christ's work on earth

There was only one bride Christ has chosen
for Adam the Church as the special object
of His Love

The formation of woman from Adam's side seen as a type of Christ and His Church .

Excellent Dusty!!

There are layers upon layers of mystery in God's Word and once these layers are pulled back, little by little God reveals the Plan of Salvation and Jesus Christ as far back as Genesis and He showed us continually through the Old Testament until the Word Became Flesh.

In my teachings the Plan of Salvation was already set in place prior to God's creation of the world and the first Adam.

Thank you Lord for Your Perfect Plan through Your Perfect Son.

I can understand your point for choosing other words, it could be that you are right. but to put Christ into that.. I don't see it bro :p
this is talking about Adam and Eve being taken out of him

Of course it is about Adam and Eve.

"Double entendre", "riddle" both mean something other than the literal.

Prov 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. Ps 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding. 4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying <02420> upon the harp. Nu 12:8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches <02420>; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings <02420> of old:
Eze 17:2 Son of man, put forth a riddle <02420>, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;
Da 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences <02420>, shall stand up.Now since God says he speaks in riddles, can you find any?
And if you got a chuckle out of this, see what God did with the story of Tamar.

Back