Genesis 22:1-8 - Sacrificed To Love

Genesis 22:1-2 >

God tells Abraham to offer his son Isaac as a burnt offering.

He says to Abraham, to offer his son, "whom you love".

So, God knew what Abraham was feeling. He does not only know what we do in secret, and what we say, and what we think. But God knows what and how we are feeling, and He cares about our feeling. He took time to pay attention to this, in telling Abraham to offer up Isaac "as a burnt offering".

Genesis 22:3-8 > So, what did Abraham do? He set out to offer up Isaac. The LORD told him to offer up his son, and Abraham traveled until he saw that place, "on the third day". So, he had that time of traveling during which he could think about what he was going to do with his son Isaac. And nowhere here does it say he discussed with God what God told him to do; and it does not say he tried to negotiate or judge.

But, in Genesis 18:22-33, we can see that while the LORD talked with Abraham, about Sodom and Gomorrah, he tried to make sure the LORD would not kill the righteous along with the evil people!

But it does not say he tried to negotiate about killing Isaac whom he loved.

So, I see that God can actually require of us that we let go of ones we love. This can be especially if someone has become what I call a "love idol". A love idol can be anyone whom we

- love more than God

- possess and control and use the person for what we want

- relate with in a way which is keeping us from loving any and all people as ourselves, like Jesus wants.

And lust, of course, can be involved. But, I believe and offer - - lust is not only a drive for immoral activity > a lust can be any feeling and desire and passion and interest which has us seeking less than all God has for us. It is a won't-take-no-for-an-answer emotional thing, of possessing and controlling someone "while it is controlling us" . . . driving us to use a person for what we want . . . for what we dictate < it is dictatorial, then, not with "submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

But we are trusted by God to love any and all people, and not possess and control people > "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

But does this mean our Father does not want us to have special love people in our lives? I would say Jesus had a special relationship with Mary who "sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word." (Luke 10:38-42) But she understood Him and honored Him and supported all He did to love any and all people. "She shared Him." We love others as ourselves, by welcoming our special Jesus companions to do caring good to any and all others, howsoever You please to lead us, LORD our Father. Please do! (c:

A lady can be a superb, excellent love helper to her man, so he can find out how to love, how to feel for others, how to do good to a lady and children. And help him get right with God and real with God in His love so he is ready to spend eternity with Jesus our Groom. They can learn how to relate with each other so they can help others in their marriages and other relationships.

"And there is always more to learn."

"Peachy"

It takes time to become a good old peach;
first there's that cute little buddy, so-o-o fuzzy,
then the green teen, not egg-zactly mature;
and even in our middle years . . .
yes, we can be oh-so colorful
in all that peachlight coming down all around us;
and yet, we're still going to get
at least a little bit bitter and sour,
deep-down inside.
Because we need to go through some
heat of the summer
before we can reach a ripe old age.
But then is when we can
. . . . get sweeter and sweeter
. . .and even more and more juicy,
.because we made that commitment
. to learn how to love >
"'Take My yoke upon you
. . . . and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.'"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . (Matthew 11:29)

Good to see you (c:

God bless you, too (c: Bill

Back