Genesis 6;2;7

So how do they justify the verse in Genesis 7:21- 23.

21.... Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind.
22.... Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.
23 ....Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

So how do they justify the verse in Genesis 7:21- 23.

21.... Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind.
22.... Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.
23 ....Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

I'm not sure, but I think the giants (nephilim) are assumed to be a cross between fallen angels and humans, and so being supernatural creatures are maybe not included in the "living" category. But that wouldn't explain how they came to die in the flood. I don't get too involved in trying to work all this sort of thing out, myself. I've read a few books that go into these things, but some folk get really uptight about how to interpret Genesis, and seem to miss the whole point of it, which is how we can be reconciled back to God.:)

I'm not sure, but I think the giants (nephilim) are assumed to be a cross between fallen angels and humans, and so being supernatural creatures are maybe not included in the "living" category. But that wouldn't explain how they came to die in the flood. I don't get too involved in trying to work all this sort of thing out, myself. I've read a few books that go into these things, but some folk get really uptight about how to interpret Genesis, and seem to miss the whole point of it, which is how we can be reconciled back to God.:)

Yup , I hear yah, Swiss . I have a friend like that who gets really involved and I say to him hey, if God wanted me to know , He would have put it there in His Word. , so to me it is not worth disputing .

It is the same in Revelation . There are so many grey matters and people speculate and there is this theory and that theory, but in the end does it really matter ?

I know in whom I believe and that is the most important . I must follow Jesus and His teaching. To me that is where I need to be in His complete will for my life.

Yup , I hear yah, Swiss . I have a friend like that who gets really involved and I say to him hey, if God wanted me to know , He would have put it there in His Word. , so to me it is not worth disputing .

I agree with you here.
But I do wonder about the giants in the land of canaan. I don't believe some giant hitched a ride on the ark. But it does mention giants in the land of milk and honey. I can't remember if it says nephilim exactly though.
What about the Giants in the meadowlands? (Little football humor there for ya)

Back