Genesis 6:5?

Genesis 6:5?

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually". Genesis 6:5

It is really hard to grasp that every single thought of every man, except Noah was evil continuously. Now, many have these thoughts all the time, but still so many seek the LORD and love him.

So do you think it will have to become like this again before the LORD returns, or would that even matter? I think the LORD truly wants everyone that will believe in HIM to become saved, and that alone is incredible mercy from the LORD.:):heart::jesus-sign::bible:

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually". Genesis 6:5

It is really hard to grasp that every single thought of every man, except Noah was evil continuously. Now, many have these thoughts all the time, but still so many seek the LORD and love him.

So do you think it will have to become like this again before the LORD returns, or would that even matter? I think the LORD truly wants everyone that will believe in HIM to become saved, and that alone is incredible mercy from the LORD.:):heart::jesus-sign::bible:
I know it's hard to believe, but it's what the Word says,
so it must have been that way. Actually, I always wondered how a person believed at all in those days. The only Bible they had was transcripts, which only the scribes and holy men could read. They didn't have the opportunity to listen to the radio or TV, or computers back then. I would think it would be relatively easy to entertain themselves with fleshly things. It was all around them.

So, yes, I'd say it will possibly get that evil again before Christ returns. Because men have hardened their hearts in these days and trust more in themselves and their own abilities. Even now, there are so many men who are too proud that they find it hard to admit that God knows all the answers. Even some who profess to be Christian don't really understand the true Grace of God, and are being taught humanist beliefs.

Honestly if you read a newspaper it does not seem far fetched. Also we serve a God who judges not only deeds but thoughts and intents of the heart. Praise God for the mercy we have in Jesus Christ our Lord or we would be standing in the same shoes as the world as the rest.

Honestly if you read a newspaper it does not seem far fetched. Also we serve a God who judges not only deeds but thoughts and intents of the heart. Praise God for the mercy we have in Jesus Christ our Lord or we would be standing in the same shoes as the world as the rest.

I agree, we often look too far for that which is right before us. If we are convinced we are not close to being as they were in days of Noah. We can't deny that we have seeing "the beginning of sorrow:".

Matthew 24:6-8
  • And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
  • For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
  • All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Good Day and God Bless

Yes, it is scary to think that mankind could go back to those ways, all mankind, and that boone would be left with LOVE for the LORD.. I don't know how men could ever allow this to happen t them.. thanks for all the wonderful posts and help!!

It says in the Bible that we will in the times of Noah again, I believe this life on earth is going to get a million times worse than it is now.
Also, I don't believe times are that bad at the moment, we always hear of someone who got shot, stabbed, killed ect, but out of all these times that people get killed is it anything to do with drugs, money, alcohol ect? The media don't mention that someone got killed because of drug money for example, they tell you that someone just got killed, they won't give the full story and they will twist is and make it sound worse than it is.
I know there are unprovoked attacks, but most of them are over drugs, money, ect.

Last days........

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

everyday we get closer...........

Talking about the last days in Peter..........

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

It would seem that some can still be reached and saved..............or this whole thing gets wrapped up.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Well, the gospel is being preached all over the World, but that Gospel is the gospel of Christ. (Good news of how Jesus came anointed of God with power over sickness, to raise the dead, to preach with anointed words.)

There is still a place the church as a whole needs to get in. The place where the wonderful power of the anointing is getting people healed and the dead raised. A place where the whole world can see Christ in us and the power that follows. A place that if they reject this, then there can be no more excuses not to believe on the one that Gave his life for them.

Once this happens, then the end comes......... as there will not be any more excuses once we start walking in the fullness of the anointing being fully grown sons and daughters of God.

Jesus Is Lord.

Actually when it says that it will be like the days of Noah, it is not really talking about the evilness of man, but the ignorance of men that Jesus return is near. Just like the world did not believe Noah when he said the flood was coming, the world will not believe us when we say Jesus is returning soon. In 2nd Peter 3:3-6 it says that in the last days people will be willfully ignorant of the return of Christ saying nothing has changed since the beginning of creation.
Matthew 24:38-40

38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,

39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

40Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left.

Just like they were unaware of the flood in Noah's day they will be unaware of the coming judgment and Christ coming, I think that is what Jesus was trying to say.

That being said I do think that when Jesus returns at the end of the tribulation most people thoughts will be continuously evil.

Well NTC Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord He was one of the few that still sought after God. The verse is talking of man in general. Even in our sick society there are those who seek Him. During the time of the antichrist there will be those that seek him.

It is a scary thought that man can become so polluted by evil that every thought is evil though isn't it?:eek::eek:

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

2 Timothy3
1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

As time progresses mankind seems to be given more and more opportunities to show his true character. This can be likened to the wheat and the tares who can be readily distinguished only as they bear fruit. The tare standing upright (pride) and the wheat bowing low in humility as it bears fruit for the Kingdom.
So if anything the end times will reveal the heart of man saved and unsaved.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

they tell that many lies m8,they believe there own lies.the sad thing is that the youth sometimes follow the crowd.this is when God brings us back.

Back