Genesis Chapter 3 Meditation Questions

Michael Collum

Inactive
Genesis Chapter 3 Meditation Questions

Here is a meditation that helps me regarding Blame, Judgment, and Sin

Open up your bible to Genesis Chapter 3

When God sees Adam and Eve . How does God respond?

How do the humans respond?

Does God blame anyone?

Does Adam blame anyone?

Does Eve blame anyone?

Does the snake blame anyone?

Why do the actors in this play act they way they do?

what does this tell you about judgment?

Where did this idea of blame come from?

Why is there a judgment?

Here is a meditation that helps me regarding Blame, Judgment, and Sin

Open up your bible to Genesis Chapter 3

When God sees Adam and Eve . How does God respond? You mean after the fall?

Does God blame anyone?

Does Adam blame anyone?

Does Eve blame anyone?

Does the snake blame anyone? Does it get the chance?

Why do the actors in this play act they way they do?

what does this tell you about judgment?

Where did this idea of blame come from? The serpent. cf Gen 3:4

Why is there a judgment? To which judgment are you refering??
The Final judgment or the garden judgment? The Garden judgment introduced the plan for redemption. The final Judgment sees the completion of the redeptive work of the Lord/

Blessings,
calvin

hey calvin,

i'm not about to make this about eschatology or types and shadows . but if you read the passage . and answer the questions according the passage . it may help answer your question .

Genesis 3:4 shows that "lies" came from the snake and Jesus validates this point of fact in the gospel (John 8:44) . but Genesis 3:4 does not specifically show that blame came from the snake .

Okay .. here's what i had in mind . hope that helps .

Love bless,

-Michael

When God sees Adam and Eve . How does God respond? God Begins by talking with Adam asking him where he's been?

Try to hide what's happening and are horrible at it .

Does God blame anyone?
No .. God asks questions

Does Adam blame anyone? Yes he blames the woman for giving him the fruit .. and God for putting the woman with him there .

Does Eve blame anyone? Eve blames the snake .

Does the snake blame anyone? No .

Why do the actors in this play act the way that they do? Satan did not initiate blame . God did not initiate blame .. the day before, Adam was appreciative of all God made . What is different about today is .. Sin .
Sin is the reason this happens .

what does this tell you about judgment? When judgment comes it is best to keep your mouth shut and listen .

Where did this idea of blame come from? Blame came from the humans when they were sin infected . Since God did not blame .. and they were made to be just like Him .. it would stand to reason .. that blame came from Sin .

Why is there a judgment? Sin .

James 2:13
For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Don't worry Michael, I don't give any time to the idea of Hebrew tribesmen sitting round camp fires in the wilderness discussing types and shadows.
Yes well that was one of my after midnight,eyes taped open posts.
My reference to Gen 3:4 was that in it I see an instance, (the 1st) of blame and it came from the serpent. In pointing out to Eve that God knows something He is is not, but should be sharing with her, that is accusation and blames God for Eve's ignorance, or should I say innocence. In other words the serpent blames God for Eve's incomplete education.
blessings,
calvin

Back