Gentiles / Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and maybe I should know this, but I don't. I should also admit that I ask a lot of questions. Once during my yearly review my boss said the one thing that irritates him the most is I ask too many questions. He then said the one thing I like most about you is that you ask a lot of questions.. lol
Not sure what that means, but I love to know and understand things.

My question is if all descendants come from the sons of Noah, and they were Jewish, where did the gentiles come from?
I have direct descendants that are Jewish, but I am not Jewish myself. My son and I have always felt a closeness to the Jews. I guess its through our heritage. I have no idea but it makes sense to both of us.

Back to my question. Where did the gentiles come from if all the people come from Noah's family?

Actually the Jewish nation came from Abrahams son Isaac.

So the ones who were considered gentiles were the family members who strayed away from God and decided to worship other Gods. I'm sure it goes deeper than that... but thats the origin.

Now all jews and gentiles are one again... those who choose to believe in the Son.

I also possibly have some Russian Jew, somewhere in my family tree... so it's great that the two tribes are one :)

Actually the Jewish nation came from Abrahams son Isaac.

So the ones who were considered gentiles were the family members who strayed away from God and decided to worship other Gods. I'm sure it goes deeper than that... but thats the origin.

Now all jews and gentiles are one again... those who choose to believe in the Son.

I also possibly have some Russian Jew, somewhere in my family tree... so it's great that the two tribes are one :)
My descendents are Russian Jewish, too. I was surprised how much eastern European blood I have especially Ukrainian.

An example that the Holy Spirit just reminded me of is Abrahams father. And really honestly Abraham prior to God approaching him. They worshipped the moon and is the reason why God told Abraham to leave his family and got to where God would show him. If God didn't remove him from his family... Abram wouldn't be able to fully know and understand who God was and what He had to offer him. I'm sure there is more.. but this is just a synopsis of it... lol

Some say that the descendants from Shem were Jews and all the rest were gentiles.

The other side of things it is said it started when God made Abraham the Father of His Chosen nation.

God called Issac Abrahams only son.
Ishmael was therefore seen as a Gentile.
So as I believe also....
Jews from Issac
Gentiles from Ishmael

The Split Started then.
Blessings
FCJ

Some say that the descendants from Seth were Jews and all the rest were gentiles.

The other side of things it is said it started when God made Abraham the Father of His Chosen nation.

God called Izak Abrahams only son.
Ishmael was therefore seen as a Gentile.
So as I believe also....
Jews from Izak
Gentiles from Ishmael

The Split Started then.
Blessings
FCJ
Regarding Seth, for that to be true, one would have to believe the descendants of Seth survived Noah's Flood, and that Noah's Flood was not a global flood. Genesis 5:6 - 5:32 give the descendants of Seth. One did survive, Noah being mentioned in the line from Seth. This is necessary for Jesus to be the second Adam.

Gentiles simply refers to all non-Jewish nations.

Regarding Seth, for that to be true, one would have to believe the descendants of Seth survived Noah's Flood, and that Noah's Flood was not a global flood. Genesis 5:6 - 5:32 give the descendants of Seth. One did survive, Noah being mentioned in the line from Seth. This is necessary for Jesus to be the second Adam.

Gentiles simply refers to all non-Jewish nations.

Greetings,
My "smart phone" lol changed it to Seth and I did not catch it.

My entire point to Shem was that many believe the Jew / gentile split became at this time.

Some believe the split began with Abraham via Izak and Ishmael and this is where I believe as well.

We see in Gen 22:2. Key is Only Son.
Izak is of God's Promise and Purpose.

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

In Genesis 12 and 17
We find God stating Abram will be called Abraham Father of many nations.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Izak Represents With God
Ishmael Represents Without God

Blessings
FCJ

Greetings,
My "smart phone" lol changed it to Seth and I did not catch it.

My entire point to Shem was that many believe the Jew / gentile split became at this time.

Some believe the split began with Abraham via Izak and Ishmael and this is where I believe as well.

We see in Gen 22:2. Key is Only Son.
Izak is of God's Promise and Purpose.

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

In Genesis 12 and 17
We find God stating Abram will be called Abraham Father of many nations.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Izak Represents With God
Ishmael Represents Without God

Blessings
FCJ
Why I thought you really did mean Seth was there's a difference of opinion, sometimes heated, between who the Sons of God where and the Nephilim. (Genesis 6:1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back