Get It On!

Euphemia

Account Closed
THE ARMOUR OF GOD

Ephesians 6:10-18
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

armour-of-god-2.jpg

Almost every morning I put on my armour--in my imagination as I get dressed, I add these pieces of armour:

Helmet of Salvation--to guard my mind from evil thoughts.

Breastplate of Righteousness--because Jesus' righteousness is imputed to me--it guards my heart.

Belt of Truth--cinches me in with truth, that makes me stand tall and firm on the truth of God's Word to me and about me!

Boots of Peace--take me into daily battle with peace --everywhere I go, peace is added and peace is in me.

Shield of Faith--protects me from the hardball of Satan--accusations, falsehoods, etc, my faith remains firm in Jesus.

Sword of the Spirit--I take the Word of God with me everywhere--in the book itself, and memorized in my mind, and I speak it out loud so the devil can hear it in the skirmish--it gives me leverage and victory. It is the only offensive weapon at our disposal!

It's the Word of God that defeats Satan--just as Jesus defeated Satan at His temptation by the Word of God alone.

I add another piece of armour, spoken of in Isaiah 59:17...

For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Cloak of Zeal--the NLT calls it "cloak of divine passion". I put on the cloak of zeal so that the zeal of the Lord will propel me into battle, that I won't hang back in cowardice, knowing that my back is covered! As I go forward, the enemy retreats, and is never to be found at my back.

My buddy at work just got this for me the other day (below). He carries it around with him all the time (I hope as a reminder and not an idol). This is a great reminder! Thank you Euphemia!

full-armor-of-god-0111.jpg

Back