Get Your Lamp Filled With Oil before it's too late! Are you Wise or Foolish?

This is a sobering thought that I am considering daily, and I am trying to keep my vessel
filled with the OIL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!

This commandment is given from our Master, the Lord Jesus Christ, in Matt. 25 of the 5 wises, and the 5 foolish virgins, who give us a solemn warning to keep our Lamps trimmed and filled with the Oil of the Holy Spirit, which is necessary to be ready and watchful for His soon coming! Or are we too busy with life to have this be our top priority?

Ephesians 5:18-20
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;​

Please watch this short story about the five wise and foolish virgins!
I'm sure it will encourage you to seek more diligently to

keep your Lamps filled with His Oil!

Thank you for the very timely message Derek. I have tears on my eyes.
God Bless
I'm glad, timely for me too! Oh Lord Jesus come Quickly!

REVELATION 19:7

Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb is come,
and His wife hath made herself ready.”

Yes, sister, for us to feel the need and the warning of the Holy Spirit in keeping our Lamps filled with the Spirit of the Lord. For it shows us we are in line with the wise, as you have seen in the video, the foolish did not have any concern to keep filled up! Thank you, Lord, that there's a fountain still open in the house of David, that we daily can be refilled from, but very soon this fountain will be closed!

I have no idea why 5 virgins would make it into the bible.

Numbers in the bible sure are a mystery. And sometimes, the characters.(virgins???,ok now.... what's wrong with just women? lol)
Well I don't know. But this little parable, It sure does resemble mindfulness in buddhism I once practiced.

I was taught that keeping all the 5 senses open and not fixation on anything or being involved in them inside of our minds and out( idolising, anyone?) would help free one from identification with the mind. Yet trying to stay there is, well, HARD, especially when we are in the midst of a storm. And its most enjoyable when we are basking in sunny weather. But then again thats also idolising as we all know things pass.

How I see it now, waiting for the bridegroom (Jesus ) is different than the Buddhist teachings in that The Holy Spirit is the One that shows were, when and how we are sinning and suffering for Jesus to remove it.

Anyway, I still practice mindfulness today sometimes, its a good technique, but the bible just adds a greater depth of such beauty and creativity its beyond mind blowing.

Glory to God for His storytelling and story tellers.

------------------------------------------------

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and it could mean something completely different but this way makes sense to me.

feel free to correct me.

thank you for your lovely video, I sure does help me to see the way children do😊

but be filled with the Spirit;
abide in the true vine

The True Vine​

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[b] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples..

in the vine we get what we need certainly the word is part of it

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess;​

he is using the example of how a person that drinks alcohol ( in this case he used wine ) that was main beverage of them days .

let the Holy Spirit control us ., be led of the spirit walk in the spirit, . listen to the still small voice and yes this comes from discipleship which is a every day thing.
we are carnal in nature but the spirit resides in us james wrote it best be doers of the word and not hearers only . i can give biblically based advice. can i practice what i preach

I have no idea why 5 virgins would make it into the bible.
i dont either and never gave the number 5 any thought. i will see if i can find anything.. maybe other will have a reply. main thing is the 5 wise was truly ready. they was saved and in Christ which is where we get our oil.

I still practice mindfulness today sometimes, its a good technique,

honestly any thing related to buddha i would avoid. the Bible and the Holy spirit will lead us with our thoughts. that is my 2 cents

abide in the true vine

The True Vine​

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[b] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples..

in the vine we get what we need certainly the word is part of it

he is using the example of how a person that drinks alcohol ( in this case he used wine ) that was main beverage of them days .

let the Holy Spirit control us ., be led of the spirit walk in the spirit, . listen to the still small voice and yes this comes from discipleship which is a every day thing.
we are carnal in nature but the spirit resides in us james wrote it best be doers of the word and not hearers only . i can give biblically based advice. can i practice what i preach
Amen, so very good and true about how abiding in the vine is the key, and the secret to access the refilling of the Spirit's oil daily! Thank you Jesus for your Holy Spirit oil! Yes, and help me to practice what I preach as well!

i dont either and never gave the number 5 any thought. i will see if i can find anything.. maybe other will have a reply. main thing is the 5 wise was truly ready. they was saved and in Christ which is where we get our oil.

honestly any thing related to buddha i would avoid. the Bible and the Holy spirit will lead us with our thoughts. that is my 2 cents
The number 5 in the Bible from what I know is the number of Grace! It makes so much sense, that the 5 wise had Amazing Grace working daily in their lives. Yes, it takes humility and grace to realize and know and receive that oil that we need to be refilled daily with and His word.
virgins???,ok now.... what's wrong with just women?
Yes, good point. The reason Virgins were mentioned, is because like Paul said we are like chaste virgins to Christ, which means a high level of purity that this evil world does not possess! This is also why the little virgin Mary was chosen to house the very word of God made flesh! Even though we were born in this world unclean and was made to be pure and wise by being born again of the Spirit of God! Thank you, Lord Jesus for your Holy Ghost cleansing power!

Thank you, Lord Jesus for your Holy Ghost cleansing power!
i dont want to get into a doctrinal dispute.. but for the life of me why so often some add other things . the cleansings comes from the word and the spirit enables it . my point is

Zechariah 4:6​

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” we can run the aisles jump the pews shout roll in the floor . If God AINT in it ..then its us which does nothing

i dont want to get into a doctrinal dispute.. but for the life of me why so often some add other things . the cleansings comes from the word and the spirit enables it . my point is

Zechariah 4:6​

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” we can run the aisles jump the pews shout roll in the floor . If God AINT in it ..then its us which does nothing
My friend, I do agree with you about it takes the Spirit of the Lord to make the word of the Lord live, but the scripture says that we are sanctified ( cleansed by the Spirit ) see below in 1 Peter 1:2
1 Peter 1:2. 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Also John the Baptist said that the Holy Ghost and fire would come to Thurley purge( cleanse ) the floor. The Holy Ghost fire is a cleansing and purging and purifying FIRE! Just as the effect of the anti-bacteria fighting oil, it's also typed out how the dove in nature is cleansed by the oil from within!

My friend, I do agree with you about it takes the Spirit of the Lord to make the word of the Lord live, but the scripture says that we are sanctified ( cleansed by the Spirit ) see below in 1 Peter 1:2
we are at that my point is all this is possible through the Holy spirit. its like trying to make a cake from scratch leave one thing out==no cake , spirit and the word works together Hebrews 4:12

Yes, I agree, amen. My words are Spirit and they are Life! Jesus said. We need both for sure. For back over on your Beautiful point of view, it also says they are Sanctified by the Truth, and Father sanctifies them by my words!
Thank you for your input today! Lord fill my life today with your Word and Spirit!
And one very anointed study on this topic is living in the atmosphere of the Rama Word, which is the combination of the Spirit and the Word together! This is what produces LIFE!

Back