gets frustrating

thinkingsmiley.gif
dunno.gif
myspace-layouts-animations8.gif

"If a fellow Hebrew, a man or woman sells himself to you and serves you six years, in the seventh year you must let him go free. And when you release him, do not send him away empty handed. Supply him liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to him as the Lord your God has blessed you." (Deuteronomy 15: 12-14).

This verse speaks of a man borrowing wealth from you and when he can't repay you, you must forgive his debt and give him more before he leaves. I think it is the most clear verse that we are not to expect to be repaid for our good deeds.

Barganing for favor or kindness is the natural nature of mankind. It provides relitive assurance of getting what one wants or needs and at the same time justfies having and receiving it. It was not a gift, they earned it. Therefore they owe nothing for it, and their scales of self worth are (at least to their thinking) balanced. That is the basic differance in mindset between those with and those without Holy Spirit influence in their lives.
Those of God know their scales cannot be balance by their own actions, Believers in Christ Jesus acknowledge their inability to save them selves ,they accept the gift and honor it by passing it on as they received it (FREE). No need to bargin for a gift;)

Respectfully
Cliff

when at home,it,s always i will do this if you will do that.it doesn,t seem right to me.

My experience has been family treats family worse than they do strangers. I can't understand why.

My understanding is that we should give from the heart so we don't regret or resent our giving.

Maybe when you do things for them you should point out that you expect nothing in return - that you are doing or giving out of love. You never know, setting that example may provoke loving gestures in their hearts. But don't expect a change.

Barganing for favor or kindness is the natural nature of mankind. It provides relitive assurance of getting what one wants or needs and at the same time justfies having and receiving it. It was not a gift, they earned it. Therefore they owe nothing for it, and their scales of self worth are (at least to their thinking) balanced. That is the basic differance in mindset between those with and those without Holy Spirit influence in their lives.
Those of God know their scales cannot be balance by their own actions, Believers in Christ Jesus acknowledge their inability to save them selves ,they accept the gift and honor it by passing it on as they received it (FREE). No need to bargin for a gift;)

Respectfully
Cliff
Indeed.:)

Back