Getting Anxious

I am no expert on the matter. Learning to live with it is all I can say that has helped.
I wish that I could give you a miracle potion that would suddenly make the anxiousness
disappear but I can't. Anxiousness is just part of who I am but focusing on what really
matters helps tame it. I mean that if I can keep my finger on my spiritual pulse and not
let things bother me then I can be stronger. Our relation is in our shared desperation in
a sinful world. Focus on love is all I can recommend. Anything that you makes you feel
vulnerable - flowers, birds chirping, fresh snow, kids playing, that first sip of coffee. Try to
see the moments.

***This is not professional advice and I am not a psychologist.
Thank you...
Interesting you mention Birds, Etc. I have a waterfall and fish pond. And a rescue dog, a white dove, and Sally Ray the desert tortoise. Being outdoors in His world is where I feel the best, with His creatures.
I will relay in a thread some miracles the Lord graciously provided via HIS creatures.

Thank you...
Interesting you mention Birds, Etc. I have a waterfall and fish pond. And a rescue dog, a white dove, and Sally Ray the desert tortoise. Being outdoors in His world is where I feel the best, with His creatures.
I will relay in a thread some miracles the Lord graciously provided via HIS creatures.
Prayer and reading God's word will offer you the best guidance
but we should also try to see the beauty and calming effects
of the small things; which you are apparently fully aware of

I would also appreciate spiritual advice relative to anxiety suppression. I have prayed Philippians 6-9, but believe I'm missing something. Also Isaiah 26-4.
Nazarene Servant, your posts truly resonate with me; thank you.

Belindab77.....Hello and I hope that today is a good day for you.

Now, over the years I have talked with many people in the same position as you are in. My wife and daughter have suffered with this same kind of thing.

The minister of music in our church suffered so bad from anxiety that she could not travel out of town on an Interstate Hy. She would go into a physical panic at the oncoming traffic. To travel to another city she had to lay in the back seat with a blanket over her head.

May I say with all love and respect, sometimes you can read the Scriptures until the pages are worn out, go to church every day and sing every hymn in the book and you still have the same problem. WHY? Because it is not a "spiritual" problem at all.

At those times it would be advisable to consider whether or not your situation is a "Clinical" one. Only a professional doctor can tell you what the problem is. If it is, then some kind of medication is probably going to be the only thing that helps you.

There are hundreds of medications that can help those who suffer from what you have described and with the right help you can live normally and successfully. My wife and my daughter and our music minister are all doing great today and enjoying the things they missed for years.

God bless!.

Belindab77.....Hello and I hope that today is a good day for you.

Now, over the years I have talked with many people in the same position as you are in. My wife and daughter have suffered with this same kind of thing.

The minister of music in our church suffered so bad from anxiety that she could not travel out of town on an Interstate Hy. She would go into a physical panic at the oncoming traffic. To travel to another city she had to lay in the back seat with a blanket over her head.

May I say with all love and respect, sometimes you can read the Scriptures until the pages are worn out, go to church every day and sing every hymn in the book and you still have the same problem. WHY? Because it is not a "spiritual" problem at all.

At those times it would be advisable to consider whether or not your situation is a "Clinical" one. Only a professional doctor can tell you what the problem is. If it is, then some kind of medication is probably going to be the only thing that helps you.

There are hundreds of medications that can help those who suffer from what you have described and with the right help you can live normally and successfully. My wife and my daughter and our music minister are all doing great today and enjoying the things they missed for years.

God bless!.
Thank you, Major. I do relate to what you say.

Back