Give to Caesar what is Caesar's...

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's...

I know I have not posted here in a long time, but I have just found something that I wanted to share with everyone. The message is one we have all heard before, but it just hit me so powerfully that I needed to share it. I believe this is something that we Christians need to think on and practice EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

I was reading through the book of Luke this evening, trying to find a passage that would help me cope with the grief of a death in the family, and I read this:

Luke 20:20-26
Keeping a close watch on him, they sent spies, who pretended to be honest. They hoped to catch Jesus in something he said so that they might hand him over to the power and authority of the governor. So the spies questioned him: "Teacher, we know that you speak and teach in accordance with the truth. Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"
He saw through their duplicity and said to them, "Show me a denarius. Whose portrait and inscription are on it?"
"Caesar's," they replied.
He said to them, "Then give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
They were unable to trap him in what he had said there in public. And astonished by his answer, they became silent.

It took me a second to decipher this one. It's one of the frustrating things about the parables, that so many of them seem open-ended because Jesus doesn't ever explain the punch line, so to speak.

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Jesus said the money belonged to Caesar because it had his portrait and inscription stamped upon it. So, by extension, whatever had God's inscription and signet stamped on it should be returned wholeheartedly to God.

So the answer is:
Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

We, the humans God created using His own portrait as His model, and imprinting His own signet on our hearts. All of Creation belongs to God, and must be used and returned to His glory!
:amen:

As I've said, this is a message we should all be familiar with, and I feel that I may have left something out in my analysis; I am no theologian, after all. Please, add to this if I've missed something.

I think you have made an excellent analogy!!!
Awesome!

Also, I am truly sorry about your loss of a loved one.
Many blessings to you~

Back