Giving Trust To The LORD

Giving Trust To The LORD

Tonite, I sat in a pew and listened as a preacher told us about having faith and trust in the LORD...

That we should not fear death, because as we are saved in the blood of Christ, we will not die, but will go home, home to heaven to be with our LORD...

He spoke about having compassion for those going through death, and dying, illness and more, and how it is different for people to understand untill they go throu these things themselves.. He spoke about the terrible trials that Job had to endure for GOD..

He spoke with a strong voice, and the spirit moved him...

I felt the presense of the LORD and comfort spread to my soul from to begin to unravel the chains of fear in me..

After service, My sister and I was driving home, and she began to tell me about the blessings this preacher has recieved..

The doctors gave him up to die months ago, he is still here..
He still has cancer, stage four, and his last exam showed that it had spread..

He still praises GOD, he still tells other's of the wonderfullness and mercy of our LORD, he still does for GOD..

We need to remember that the LORD can and will take care of us, every need, and though we have much we are going through, we should keep faith, because none of us have ever been tested like JOB..

Praise God!... yes he did Mark. Things I needed to hear, and still need the help of the LORD to get me to the point I need to be with them..

Yes my dear ... Those are valuable lessons and we can all look around and be inspired by what others are going through and but for the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ .... we could not go through these trials .

It is like Job , although he was going through so much he still praised the Lord and said he had not lost his joy that comes from the Lord . So the Lord gives us the strength to go through whatever and when we come out we are as refined silver after being put into the refining fire .

OUr testimony will be enhanced as wellas being able to tell others about what the Lord has done un our lives.

Hallelujah! This life is a passing thing but we have an eternity with the One we love. Our flesh may sometimes want to cling to this world but our spirit longs to be home with Him.

Praise GOD!!
It is so true!
Our flesh may sometimes want to cling to this world but our spirit longs to be home with Him

so true BO.. That has been a huge challenge for me, and I am sure for many newer christians, maybe even some older ones. I want to go to be with GOD, I pray He blesses me with that peace about leaving!!

Praise HIS name, HE is GOD!

New to Christ, thank you for that. I always feel especially blessed when I hear of someone not only "talking the talk" but "walking the walk". What a true witness that man is of the love and power of Jesus.

very true vision!
New to Christ, thank you for that. I always feel especially blessed when I hear of someone not only "talking the talk" but "walking the walk". What a true witness that man is of the love and power of Jesus.

We learn through our trial and tribulations. It is really hard for anyone to really understand something untill they do it themselves..!

You are so right

I am not one to respond to a whole lot of posts but this one moved me to the core of my being. I know exactly what you are talking about. I am going to explain God's healing and comforting power.

My grandmother told me when I was a child that I was going to go through something very traumatic in my life. That if I am not grounded in the word, I would not make it through. I asked her, "What am I going to go through?" She told me that she did not know but she knew that I had to start reading and studying God's word. Well of course when you tell a child something like that, you scare them senseless. I ran home to my mother and told her that I was going to die. I didn't know what she meant at that time. Well to move on, I have been a child of God since I was 12 yrs old and I stayed in the word as my grandmother instructed me. By the way, my grandmother is the one who introduced me to Christ. Well, I stayed in the word and was grounded.

When I became an adult, I got married. Very, very bad marriage. So bad that I was physically, mentally, and emotionally abused by him. We had two children; two beautiful Girls. I started them early in the word. I loved them so much. I stayed depressed because of the marriage then one day I had I don't know call it a premonition, a dream, a vision; I just don't know. But I had the feeling that my children was going to go home to be with Jesus. They were only 8 and 4 so I didn't pay attention to the signs, visions or whatever it was. I just had this feeling everyday. I stayed in prayer asking him "What is this feeling that I am having?" and please not let it come to pass. After a short amount of time, I know it was God. You definitely know when God speaks to his childrens heart. You can hear it in your heart. Not an audible sound but you can hear it. God told me to leave and take the children.

He murdered my children and himself. What did he say before he did this horrible thing? "I am about to do something and I know that I am going to Hell for it; but, it will be worth it" That's what he said, "it will be worth it." Well, my two girls are in Heaven with Jesus now. I say all of that to say that I had intended on committing suicide that day. I just did not feel that I could live another moment without them. At that moment, I knew what my grandmother was talking about. Now I know why I took the word so seriously and was grounded in the word. While I was in the hospital on suicide watch, I dropped down on my knees with a straight jacket on in prayer. Just screaming the name of Jesus, yes, that's what I did scream Jesus to help me through this. Then all of a sudden a voice said to me, "They are with me and they are fine. You will see them again." Then peace came over me. I was still a mess but then all of these scriptures just started pouring in my heart. All the scriptures that I had grounded myself in. I had to come to the conclusion that it was just their time and I had to trust God for the reason; and know that he will reveal it to me when he returns for us. Well, it was a long journey back because of the suicide watch, I lost my home, my job, everything. I could not stay alone. Then the nightmares started, everytime I go to sleep, I dream my husband is chasing me trying to kill me throughout the whole dream. It was like that movie (nightmare on Elm Stree). So, I started trying not to sleep, then I ended up in the hospital again. They put me on valums. Apparently it gives you a dreamless sleep but very addictive. So, of course, I ended up being addicted to Valums. Well, one night when I tried to go to sleep, I had a visitor in my room that I did not see but heard. The voice said "If you turn around, I wll let you see your children one time. But I cannot do this again. I just want you to know that they are alright and with me." Because I knew the word said that it is appointed for us once to die and then judgement. I knew that was Satan himself. I fell right down on my knees without turning around and again started screaming the name of Jesus. I rebuked the Devil in the name of Jesus and told him that he had no right in this room, he was not invited, and that I am covered by the blood of Jesus and by his authority you leave now. I never had that visit again. But I often felt like Job loosing everything he had.

But now for the good news!!!! God has healed my heart. I am no longer taking Valums and I sleep wonderfully. I know that I will see my babies again. I have that confidence when Christ comes for us, all those who died are coming back with him. I am very excited about seeing my children again one day. I am no longer suicidal. I took it all to God in prayer. Now, it was a healing process between God and myself. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband. I often say that God made him especially for me. He had a child which I have adopted as my own and God has allowed me to show her love and treat her just as if I had her. God blessed me with a better job than I had and better pay than I had. He has just been blessing me as I continously draw nigh to him. Jesus loves me and this I know; because the bible tells me so. Not only does the tells me that but Jesus also said that he will never leave nor forsaken his children. Ladies and Gentlemen by the grace of God; I AM STILL STANDING!!!!!! Praise God Almighty, He is my protector and Chief Shepherd

Godbe4me :jesus-sign:

I am not one to respond to a whole lot of posts but this one moved me to the core of my being. I know exactly what you are talking about. I am going to explain God's healing and comforting power.

My grandmother told me when I was a child that I was going to go through something very traumatic in my life. That if I am not grounded in the word, I would not make it through. I asked her, "What am I going to go through?" She told me that she did not know but she knew that I had to start reading and studying God's word. Well of course when you tell a child something like that, you scare them senseless. I ran home to my mother and told her that I was going to die. I didn't know what she meant at that time. Well to move on, I have been a child of God since I was 12 yrs old and I stayed in the word as my grandmother instructed me. By the way, my grandmother is the one who introduced me to Christ. Well, I stayed in the word and was grounded.

When I became an adult, I got married. Very, very bad marriage. So bad that I was physically, mentally, and emotionally abused by him. We had two children; two beautiful Girls. I started them early in the word. I loved them so much. I stayed depressed because of the marriage then one day I had I don't know call it a premonition, a dream, a vision; I just don't know. But I had the feeling that my children was going to go home to be with Jesus. They were only 8 and 4 so I didn't pay attention to the signs, visions or whatever it was. I just had this feeling everyday. I stayed in prayer asking him "What is this feeling that I am having?" and please not let it come to pass. After a short amount of time, I know it was God. You definitely know when God speaks to his childrens heart. You can hear it in your heart. Not an audible sound but you can hear it. God told me to leave and take the children.

He murdered my children and himself. What did he say before he did this horrible thing? "I am about to do something and I know that I am going to Hell for it; but, it will be worth it" That's what he said, "it will be worth it." Well, my two girls are in Heaven with Jesus now. I say all of that to say that I had intended on committing suicide that day. I just did not feel that I could live another moment without them. At that moment, I knew what my grandmother was talking about. Now I know why I took the word so seriously and was grounded in the word. While I was in the hospital on suicide watch, I dropped down on my knees with a straight jacket on in prayer. Just screaming the name of Jesus, yes, that's what I did scream Jesus to help me through this. Then all of a sudden a voice said to me, "They are with me and they are fine. You will see them again." Then peace came over me. I was still a mess but then all of these scriptures just started pouring in my heart. All the scriptures that I had grounded myself in. I had to come to the conclusion that it was just their time and I had to trust God for the reason; and know that he will reveal it to me when he returns for us. Well, it was a long journey back because of the suicide watch, I lost my home, my job, everything. I could not stay alone. Then the nightmares started, everytime I go to sleep, I dream my husband is chasing me trying to kill me throughout the whole dream. It was like that movie (nightmare on Elm Stree). So, I started trying not to sleep, then I ended up in the hospital again. They put me on valums. Apparently it gives you a dreamless sleep but very addictive. So, of course, I ended up being addicted to Valums. Well, one night when I tried to go to sleep, I had a visitor in my room that I did not see but heard. The voice said "If you turn around, I wll let you see your children one time. But I cannot do this again. I just want you to know that they are alright and with me." Because I knew the word said that it is appointed for us once to die and then judgement. I knew that was Satan himself. I fell right down on my knees without turning around and again started screaming the name of Jesus. I rebuked the Devil in the name of Jesus and told him that he had no right in this room, he was not invited, and that I am covered by the blood of Jesus and by his authority you leave now. I never had that visit again. But I often felt like Job loosing everything he had.

But now for the good news!!!! God has healed my heart. I am no longer taking Valums and I sleep wonderfully. I know that I will see my babies again. I have that confidence when Christ comes for us, all those who died are coming back with him. I am very excited about seeing my children again one day. I am no longer sucidal. I took it all to God in prayer. Now, it was a healing process between God and myself. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband. I often say that God made him especially for me. He had a child which I have adopted as my own and God has allowed me to show her love and treat her just as if I had her. God blessed me with a better job than I had and better pay than I had. He has just been blessing me as I continously draw nigh to him. Jesus loves me and this I know; because the bible tells me so. Not only does the tells me that but Jesus also said that he will never leave nor forsaken his children. Ladies and Gentlemen by the grace of God; I AM STILL STANDING

Dear sweet sister.
nothing that I can say will explain my humbled heart after reading this post.
I cannot find words to tell you what a strong, faithful woman you are. Through the love of CHRIST, I praise him for you that you are still standing, I praise HIS name for the distance HE has brought you.
You and Job have more in common than anyone I have yet to meet. And now, lookiong back on that message we heard from that preacher, how I would have loved for you to have been there, but sister, you already have. I am thankful GOD has given me the oportunity to meet you, and you are a light to me as a young christian..
Praise you O LORD!

Thanks Godbe4me

God bless you for sharing your testimony. It was truly humbling and inspiring and so totally honest as to your thoughts and feelings at that incredibly sad and painful time in your life.

Thank you for giving us your personal account of real Christian suffering and how Jesus worked to heal the vast ammount of pain and anguish you felt.

I believe God will use your powerful testimomy to teach others who read these forums.

May God continue to keep you

Ree

Blessing

God bless you for sharing your testimony. It was truly humbling and inspiring and so totally honest as to your thoughts and feelings at that incredibly sad and painful time in your life.

Thank you for giving us your personal account of real Christian suffering and how Jesus worked to heal the vast ammount of pain and anguish you felt.

I believe God will use your powerful testimomy to teach others who read these forums.

May God continue to keep you

Ree

I thank God for all who reads it and are strengthened by it. I thank God for all of my trials and tribulatons. By it, I have gained renewed strength, Faith, and a stronger much stronger prayer life, and a much closer relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My prayer is that anyone who reads it that is going through a trial just call on the name of Jesus and he'll be right there.....

Godbe4me:jesus-cross::jesus-sign:

James 1:2-4
My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need. (NCV)

Romans 5: 3-5
We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience. And patience produces character, and character produces hope. And this hope will never disappoint us, because God has poured out his love to fill our hearts. He gave us his love through the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to us. (NCV)

Trials are actually blessings!

Hallelujah! This life is a passing thing but we have an eternity with the One we love. Our flesh may sometimes want to cling to this world but our spirit longs to be home with Him.

Amen my son . and you my son have an amazing testimony that some day hopefully you will share with the members . God has had His hand on your life and brought you through so many trials , sicknesses and near death experiences . Larry you are a walking living testimony of God's love and grace .

Back