God’s Heavenly Message to Salvation

God’s Heavenly Message to Salvation​

Bible study by Herbert H. Ogletree​

Proverbs
8:22- The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
8:23- I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
8:24- When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
8:25- Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
8:26- While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
8:27- When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
8:28- When he established the clouds above: when he strength-ened the fountains of the deep:
8:29- When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
God’s great creation when he created Heaven and Earth.
Psalms
33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
33:4- For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
33:5- He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
33:6- By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
33:7- He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
33:8- Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
We find many saying that this was the Holy Ghost that was with God within the very beginning, while others say that it was Christ. But we find that at Christ’s baptism it was only God his Father that was doing all the talking coming from Heaven. Then there are others that say that it was Christ there with our God within the very beginning.
Then when it come to this the Good Book of the Bible it only mention this one, which is the same as we find within the Book of St- John - It was only then that our Christ he was only then also doing all the talking his own very self.
Saint John
17:4- Christ said I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
17:50- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
17:6- I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
God’s message to Noah and his Sons
Genesis
7:10-And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
7:11- In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

7:12- And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

God’s message to Jacob

Genesis
28:15- And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
28:16- And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.

28:17- And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

God great warning to us as the son’s of man

Leviticus
26:18- And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
26:19- And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
26:20- And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits

God’s warning to the children of Israel

Deuteronomy

10:11- And the LORD said unto me, Arise, take thy journey before the people, that they may go in and possess the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give unto them.

10:12- And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

10:13-To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

10;14- Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. God’s

10;15- Only the Lord has a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people.

10;16- Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart and be no more stiffnecked,

10;17- For the Lord you God is a God of gods, and the Lord of lords, a great God a mighty, and terrible which regardeth not person, no taketh reward.

God’s Heavenly Message to Salvation​

Bible study by Herbert H. Ogletree​

Proverbs
8:22- The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
8:23- I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
8:24- When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
8:25- Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
8:26- While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
8:27- When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
8:28- When he established the clouds above: when he strength-ened the fountains of the deep:
8:29- When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
God’s great creation when he created Heaven and Earth.
Psalms
33:3- Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
33:4- For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
33:5- He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
33:6- By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
33:7- He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
33:8- Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
We find many saying that this was the Holy Ghost that was with God within the very beginning, while others say that it was Christ. But we find that at Christ’s baptism it was only God his Father that was doing all the talking coming from Heaven. Then there are others that say that it was Christ there with our God within the very beginning.
Then when it come to this the Good Book of the Bible it only mention this one, which is the same as we find within the Book of St- John - It was only then that our Christ he was only then also doing all the talking his own very self.
Saint John
17:4- Christ said I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
17:50- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
17:6- I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
God’s message to Noah and his Sons
Genesis
7:10-And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
7:11- In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

7:12- And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

God’s message to Jacob

Genesis
28:15- And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
28:16- And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.

28:17- And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

God great warning to us as the son’s of man

Leviticus
26:18- And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
26:19- And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
26:20- And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits

God’s warning to the children of Israel

Deuteronomy

10:11- And the LORD said unto me, Arise, take thy journey before the people, that they may go in and possess the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give unto them.

10:12- And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

10:13-To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

10;14- Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. God’s

10;15- Only the Lord has a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people.

10;16- Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart and be no more stiffnecked,

10;17- For the Lord you God is a God of gods, and the Lord of lords, a great God a mighty, and terrible which regardeth not person, no taketh reward.

This is very "fractioned". Did you have a question or a reason for posting that we could respond. If so I missed it. Could you state the reason for the post?

which lord.?or do we refer lord as God.?lord.o lord.God, lord god.?who do we talk about?names are very decieving if put in by devils.

The answer is in the Bible in book of Deuteronomy 10:12- And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (This came right out of the Bible) so that is your answer smellycat.

Major it is just my bible study. I was thinking someone maybe interested in it too.

This question may sound naïve … although it really made me think why….

There are a lot of things to learn in the New Testament, on salvation and the Christian living….

Why there is a need or what is the importance of to study the Old Testament?

Aha we have to take the whole bible the New And Old Testament. For as Christ said he did not come to do away with the Old Testament but to full fill it.

The God of the New Testament is the same God in the Old Testament. We would miss out on a lot of insight into God's nature and His dealings with mankind, as well as the "back story" of the New Testament, if we neglected the Old.

There are a lot of things to learn in the New Testament, on salvation and the Christian living….
History and that every moral law the Jews abided by PLEASED God.

"aha',...........good day to you!
I hope you will allow me the opportunity to answer your stated question.

The most compelling reason for Christians to read and study the Old Testament lies in the New Testament. The New Testament witnesses to the fact that Jesus of Nazareth is the One in whom and through whom all the promises of God find their fulfillment. These promises are only to be understood from the Old Testament.

The fulfillment of the promises can be understood only in the context of the promises themselves. The New Testament presupposes a knowledge of the Old Testament. Everything that is a concern to the New Testament writers is part of the one redemptive history to which the Old Testament witnesses. The New Testament writers cannot separate the person and work of Christ, nor the life of the Christian community, from this sacred history which has its beginnings in the Old Testament.

Example........It is not possible to understand the Revelation by John in the New Testament unless one has and understanding of the book of Daniel in the Old Testament.

Contrary to what is sometimes suggested, the New Testament writers were not in the habit of quoting texts without reference to their context. In fact, a quotation is sometimes intended to prompt the recall of an entire passage of Old Testament Scripture. For example, Paul’s quotation in 1 Corinthians 10:7 of part of Exodus 32:6 refers to the festivities of the Israelites. The intention is to bring to mind the whole narrative of Israel’s idolatry and the golden calf.

One estimate is that there are at least 1600 direct quotations of the Old Testament in the New, to which may be added several thousand more New Testament passages that clearly allude to or reflect Old Testament verses. Of course, not all these citations show direct continuity of thought with the Old Testament, and some even show a contrast between Old and New Testaments. But the overall effect is inescapable-the message of the New Testament has its foundation in the Old Testament.

Have a great Happy Jesus Birthday because Jesus is the reason for the season!

Thanks for the answers. I just remembered now a verse by Paul to Timothy:

2TIM 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2TIM 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Also the bible I have, had 2 columns and in the middle there is reference verses from OT and similar NT verses that I refer to from time to time….
… yes I noticed that 1 Corinthians 10:7 had referenced to Exodus 32:6

And I also agree that OT gives us insights and continuity…..so I wonder now why I asked the question? : )

Maybe because I noticed in few other forums that many from the younger generation got lost their way or at lost in arguments in reading the Old Testament …instead of focusing on the good news... yes! a Merry Christmas to everyone here! : )

“Hark the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled"

I like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas in the name of our Christ and a very Happy New Years within the name of our most Graceful and Holly Godhead. from my house to yours, along with our goodwill and happiness to every one.
Yours truly Herbert H. Ogletree

Back