God Created Evil

Nov 21, 2009
New York
You see, the diseases were already there because of the curse. God allowed them to overtake Egypt because the Egyptians didn't have a covenant with Him. God did not cause the sickness and disease; He simply allowed what was already there to take place. The King James version distorts the true meaning of these verses.

God gets no glory from our sickness or disease (except our being healed!). He takes no pleasure in harming us, and He never will.
Absolutely, I agree! I was just digging into that scripture because the OP was stating that God created evil. However, that is not the case. And personally, I like studying with KJV :) I use KJV to dig into the scripture and see what it's about, since my concordance is KJV.

God isn't here to harm us and I don't believe I stated that :)

So God allowed Lucifer to turn to being the devil? He allowed evil.Why? Cause he is the loving God and if he chose to destroy Satan ( tho he will later some day) then mankind cannot have a choice right? Other wise we would all be like robots and never sin. Even the Angels in Heaven have a Choice, so IMO He could not have created evil but allowed evil to manifest in us. God wanted us to choose and not be robots where we cannot ever go against Him. That wouldn't be his way imo.
Yes, I believe that God allows evil.

Reactions: Rusty and Major
Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
It tell us how to know if something is of the Devil, if it Kills, Steals, Destroys, it is from Satan, if it gives life it is God.

We also need to know that The verbs used here in The King James Version are causative verbs, making it sound as though God were causing the sickness and disease. The original Hebrew reads an entirely different way because the verbs are permissive, which means that the action was simply allowed to happen.

For example, Deuteronomy 28:22 in The King James Version reads, "The Lord shall smite thee...." In the original Hebrew, that phrase says, "The Lord shall allow you to be smitten...."

In The King James Version, Exodus 15:26 says, "I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians." The Hebrew text says, "I will not allow any of the diseases to come upon you that I allowed to come upon Egypt."

You see, the diseases were already there because of the curse. God allowed them to overtake Egypt because the Egyptians didn't have a covenant with Him. God did not cause the sickness and disease; He simply allowed what was already there to take place. The King James version distorts the true meaning of these verses.

God gets no glory from our sickness or disease (except our being healed!). He takes no pleasure in harming us, and He never will.
If your point is true, than the whole concept that most Christians seem to have of God's....what? ...character....is misshaped.

It goes from being an angry Zeus/emperor to one of God letting people go have what they want, leaving them subject to Satan's attacks, not His.

Am I following you?

Ron

Mar 4, 2013
Commerce, Georgia
I agree 100% that most christians view of God is misshaped big time, All you have to do is look at Jesus and his ministry he said......
John 14:9

King James Version (KJV)
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Jesus was JUST like His Father GOD.
John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.A
John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Did Jesus make people sick? did Jesus kill people? did Jesus try and teach them something by hurting them?
Well if he did not do these things then God must not do these things.

Again
John 10:10

Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
Jesus came to show Gods love for mankind, he knew that God had been blamed for a lot of stuff that he had nothing to do with like this..........
Luke 13:16

King James Version (KJV)
16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

He told the people the Devil did this not my Father. God is not Bi polar , he does not make people sick so he can heal them that is a con job. we also need to understand that For the most part untill Ezekiel the people had no revelation of a devil in the old testament so they thought God did everything in the world. Jesus told us the Fathers will for this life.

Reactions: Rusty
Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Interesting ideas. I agree that Jesus is what God is like, not Charlton Heston, or Shiva or a Roman emperor.

Till Elijah? My understand is that Job is the oldest book, and Satan is certainly there....Can you explain?

Ron

Mar 4, 2013
Commerce, Georgia
Interesting ideas. I agree that Jesus is what God is like, not Charlton Heston, or Shiva or a Roman emperor.

Till Elijah? My understand is that Job is the oldest book, and Satan is certainly there....Can you explain?
um..I said Ezekiel ..lol..sorry just thought i would point that out..lol. .. I do believe Ezekiel is the first place the devil is talked about......I could be wrong...I think,,lol

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Anyway...Lucifer, the devil, Satan was always part of Hebrew cosmology, no matter who wrote it down first...Moses, Job, or Ezekiel....

Your point about the charter of God is my interest. Don't wanna side show ya.

Ron

Mar 4, 2013
Commerce, Georgia
Anyway...Lucifer, the devil, Satan was always part of Hebrew cosmology, no matter who wrote it down first...Moses, Job, or Ezekiel....

Your point about the charter of God is my interest. Don't wanna side show ya.
The main problem that believers have is that they do not look at GOD as Father. I am a Father of 3 so I understand just how God feels about us.

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
True, Ron. My observation is that most Christians see two "Gods":

The God of the OT, angry legalistic and bloody....

The God of the NT, Jesus, the kind and sweet...