God Has Changed My Life!

God Has Changed My Life!

I just want to say what a great forum this is, and it's wonderful to see that people from all walks of life are welcome here! Praise God!

I thought this would be a good time to share my story with you all. The Lord has been very good to me, and He has changed my life from grief and despair to one of much joy and fulfillment! Praise God!

I have come to know Jesus on many levels, as my Saviour, my friend and my constant companion. I have experienced the love of God directly in my life, and for that I am sooooooooooooo grateful! He has turned my life around, and in fact, every area of my life has been touched by Him. He has guided me around many obstacles and I have seen many miracles and blessings come to pass. He really does provide all my needs - even some of my 'wants' too! He has been very gracious!!!

I think we all have to go through certain troubles and trials before we can come to know how to surrender to God and His plans for us, don't you agree? Of course it would be nice to not have to undergo trials and tribulations but unfortunately it's all part of living here, I guess.

I find that when I ask Jesus to live through me, intead of me making all the decisions, then He is able to work miracles in my life, and for those around me too - He can achieve things that I could not possibly do on my own, that's for sure! I even ask Him to give me the right words for a person or situation and when I let Him do all the talking, amazing things come out of it. Someone ends up getting blessed! Of course, I asked Him to give me the right words for this story - I had no idea what I was going to say! LOL!

It takes commitment to walk this path, doesn't it? Sometimes it's not for the faint-hearted that's for sure. We have to stand on our faith sometimes, believing for that miracle, even when it looks impossible. For me, that's when the turn-around comes - after I have remained solid in my faith during adversity, and believed in the promises in the Bible. Thank you God for the Bible and for giving us Jesus! Amen.

I grew up believing in God, like alot of people. I knew who Jesus was, and that we were a bunch of sinners, but that was kind of the limit to my understanding. I was in and out of Church, I guess trying to fit in somewhere, never feeling quite right, and wondering 'why bother?'

My parents both loved me, however it was a difficult childhood, with my mother being diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and me being an only child, or lonely child should I say (not complaining!) and of course like most families, my Dad working long hours trying to make ends meet. I had to fend for myself a lot, cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, and ironing etc that Mum couldn't do. The place was always messy and dirty with me in charge! LOL!

I used to pray to God 'please heal my mother and make her normal - pleeeeeaaaase?' She never got better and has passed away now. God bless her.

These experiences either make us or break us don't they? They affect who you become as adults if you let them. I believe that they are all part of God's plan for us though - I guess they make you into a better person (hopefully) and even make us turn to God and cry out to Him whereas if we had it too good, we may not bother.

What helps me is to remember that His ways are higher than ours, and His thoughts are too, and that we will never understand them in this life! (We all know that Scripture, don't we.) I also have learned that this is why we must place all of our trust in Him, the way a small child trusts in their parents to feed and clothe them.

Anyway, I turned away from God in my early twenties - I couldn't understand why all my prayers never seemed to get answered, and I say seemed because that is what it 'seemed' like. It didn't occur to me that I had sin in my life, which was stopping His blessings from coming through. No-one told me that bit! I looked into the New Age for a while, learning about practices that I have since learned are an abomination to God, such as Tarot cards, Astrology, Numerology and the like. I even went to some Psychics to try to get some answers. Nothing helped, of course. It only got worse.

My marriage almost disintegrated before my eyes, and I had many a trouble in other areas such as finances, and even with the kind of people that were in my life. They all seemed to just drain the life out of me with me always being the 'giver.' Very tedious to say the least! They are no longer in my life now! All thanks and praise to God!

One day, the Lord sent me a new friend who is very dedicated to serving Him, and she is absolutely filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit! Anyway, to cut a long story short, we agreed to disagree on things, and became good friends despite our differences. She never gave up on me. Boy oh boy she was like a hammer! She never let up! I thought she was a bit crazy, and that I had been 'sent' to her to wake her up would you believe! How funny! LOL!

Little did I know that she had indeed been sent to me, to allow God to work His miracles on me. Through her willingness God was able to change my life! She helped me to see the error of my ways, and little by little as my understanding began to open up, I asked Jesus to come back into my life, and was baptised by the Holy Spirit. I did not know what I was in for! How amazing! I was led on a journey back to recovery.

All things in my life have improved enormously, and I am now living the life that God has ordained for me. I have a beautiful family, and loving friends that don't take advantage of me. It's wonderful! I am not saying that I don't encounter difficulties - it's just that with the Lord in charge, I know that everything will turn out for the best. Freedom in it's truest sense. Once I began repenting and asking for direction from the Lord, that's when all the problems started to get sorted out. The Lord has carried me to a place of safety. Praise His mighty name!

The Lord certainly does work in strange ways sometimes, and although life can be challenging at times, I can honestly say that without Jesus at the helm, I would not be where I am today. Praise God!

The more I committed to this walk, the more I was able to hear and believe His guidance. I would get concepts coming into my head and sometimes I would even see words in a printed fashion before my eyes. I started to write them down, and to finish this story, the words have now become a collection of writings that are all about God's love and how lives can be transformed.

The Lord guided me to open up a website called Our Shepherds Voice. The entire collection of my writings are there. They are being updated regularly as the Lord prompts me to do so. Some of them have been posted here at this site as blogs. Please feel free to take a look!

Thankyou for reading my story! I am so excited to have had the opportunity to share with you! It is my prayer for whoever is reading this, that they too will come to experience God's love, grace, mercy, miracles and blessings the way that I have so far. So be it. Amen.

All the best to everyone and their families. God bless...

Shepherd
Our Shepherds Voice

I have come to know Jesus on many levels, as my Saviour, my friend and my constant companion. I have experienced the love of God directly in my life, and for that I am sooooooooooooo grateful! He has turned my life around, and in fact, every area of my life has been touched by Him. He has guided me around many obstacles and I have seen many miracles and blessings come to pass. He really does provide all my needs - even some of my 'wants' too! He has been very gracious!!!

This is so wonderful, Praise the LORD!

I think we all have to go through certain troubles and trials before we can come to know how to surrender to God and His plans for us, don't you agree? Of course it would be nice to not have to undergo trials and tribulaitons but unfortunately it's all part of living here, I guess.

I agree with you very much. Many people including myself have to go through something in order to know who it is they have to truly turn to, the LORD. He is our only true joy, prace and help.

It takes commitment to walk this path, doesn't it? Sometimes it's not for the faint-hearted that's for sure. We have to stand on our faith sometimes, believing for that miracle, even when it looks impossible. For me, that's when the turn-around comes - after I have remained solid in my faith during adversity, and believed in the promises in the Bible. Thank you God for the Bible and for giving us Jesus! Amen.

I am just overjoyed at the praise and worship you have hiven unto the LORd here in your testimony. it is so beautiful and I thank GOD with you for turning your life around(and mine 2:)) and just for the joy you have!!!! Praise the LORd and again it is great to have you here with us!!!!

13985.jpg

Thanks and praise the Lord for what He has done!

Thankyou and praise God!

Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this. He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun."

Shepard, you posted:
My parents both loved me, however it was a difficult childhood, with my mother being diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and me being an only child, or lonely child should I say (not complaining!) and of course like most families, my Dad working long hours trying to make ends meet. I had to fend for myself a lot, cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, and of course some of the chores that Mum couldn't do. The place was always messy and dirty with me in charge! LOL!

Shepard, I understand where you are coming from because my own son has been diagnose with Sz when he turned 22 years old. He's now 29 years old.

He was a perfect child,and never had any problems until he turned 15 years old.

He had his first relapse at 22 years old,and we didn't know how to handle the relapse, because I've never been around anyone with mental disease....

My husband and I found out that his father had sz,and my son inherit the gene...

I have two more sons, but neither one has the disease...

So I know how you feel, because I endure the 'lost' of my son, everyday of my life~

My son accepted the Lord at eight years old,and recommitted at 28 years old, so I do know he will have a perfect mind when he enters heaven....

My husband never knew his dad was sz,but he knew something was wrong with him.

He was a very violent man,and drank allot of alcohol...

His parents divorce when he was twelve years old,but my husband will always have the scars of abuse upon him...

I, also, have pray, pray, and pray for God to heal my son,but I've come to realize that I needed to accept the Lord's will for my son.

It's not what I wanted for him,but it's truly depending upon the Lord,and letting go...

Sooo WELCOME so much....

Looking forward to getting to know you,and maybe, God will use each of us to help each other through this nighmarish, terrible disease...

G'day from Melbourne

:welcome: to the forums, its great to have you here..You are at home :smiley20:

Jake

Back