God heals everyone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I believe. I see many Christian who dont believe this. I have seen many discussions on why God doesnt heal all today. But I have yet to see someone back that up with scripture. So why AM i so covinced. I joined a group who teach on healing . And I cant find a single fault in there teaching. As I looked at there teaching more came out who are teaching the same thing. I left my church because of this message after 21 years. I have had nothing but oppostion from the day I left or since I first started believing this and that ties up with scripture to, so that good. I have no regrets. I love Jesus more today than ever I did before. I am more content than ever I was before. So after I listened to that teaching. I thought well the proof is in the pudding.
I meet with the group on a sunday night and we discuss the teaching and we pray for anyone who has need. So this guy who I got to know well in the group prayed for my wives knees over skype, and they well healed in ten minutes, with no pian ever since. Good enough for me :). I need no other proof. I then went out and layed hands on the sick and they are getting healed. Funny what happens when you have a mustred seed of faith. Becaue I was shaking like a leaf when I first went out.
The Word says.

Mark 16:17-18. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Thats what I believe. I see many Christian who dont believe this. I have seen many discussions on why God doesnt heal all today. But I have yet to see someone back that up with scripture. So why AM i so covinced. I joined a group who teach on healing . And I cant find a single fault in there teaching. As I looked at there teaching more came out who are teaching the same thing. I left my church because of this message after 21 years. I have had nothing but oppostion from the day I left or since I first started believing this and that ties up with scripture to, so that good. I have no regrets. I love Jesus more today than ever I did before. I am more content than ever I was before. So after I listened to that teaching. I thought well the proof is in the pudding.
I meet with the group on a sunday night and we discuss the teaching and we pray for anyone who has need. So this guy who I got to know well in the group prayed for my wives knees over skype, and they well healed in ten minutes, with no pian ever since. Good enough for me :). I need no other proof. I then went out and layed hands on the sick and they are getting healed. Funny what happens when you have a mustred seed of faith. Becaue I was shaking like a leaf when I first went out.
The Word says.

Mark 16:17-18. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
This should be an interesting thread :)

I am living proof of the power healing. I had a horrible migraine and not so much as an aspirin in the house. I told my husband to lay hands on me and make the pain go away. He prayed in his prayer language, I only understood one word he said, Christos. The pain turned into tingling, the tingling moved down my spin to my left leg, down my leg and out the bottom of my foot. It took maybe 5 seconds. All pain completely gone.

Isaiah 53:5 (NASB)
But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.

Healing is for today... and not something we can earn or 'work up enough faith' for.
Jesus' work at Calvary is the only thing that makes us 'worthy' of healing. I've
experienced healing personally, and in prayer for others, based solely on His merits.

(His kindness leads to repentance (changes of mind) ....)

Yes because of Him we have it now. And it is our right. And it was given us from Him being whipped at the post.
Isisah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

You are worth the blood of Christ.

The Word says.

You must know that the THEM in your quote referrs to the APOSTLES.

If you want to accept these signs gifts to the Apostles then you must take all of them my brother because they were given as a package. That being the case YOU should have no problem drinking bleach or formaldehyde.

These signs have followed the preaching of the gospel BUT they are not signs to continue the preaching of the gospel. These signs disapeared even in the early church, but if you insist that they are for today then YOU must accept ALL of them and not just the ones that can be manufactured or worked up in the flesh.

I know that is not well received by some people because we have been taught something different by the church affiliation we have so my encouragement is to read and follow the Scriptures and not church doctrine.

Yes because of Him we have it now. And it is our right. And it was given us from Him being whipped at the post.
Isisah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

You are worth the blood of Christ.

To use Isaiah 53:5 as a basis for physical healing is incorrect exergeses of the Scriptures my brother.

This one of the classic examples of people WANTING the Scriptures to say something that they do not say.

Peter tells us the anser in 1st Peter 2:24........
"Who his own self bare our SINS in His own body on the tree, that we, bneing dead to SINS should live unto righteousness, BY WHOSE STRIPES YE WERE HEALED".

We were healed of our trespasses and sins!!!!!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 is not about physical healing but SPIRITUAL reconciliation.

Healing is for today... and not something we can earn or 'work up enough faith' for.
Jesus' work at Calvary is the only thing that makes us 'worthy' of healing. I've
experienced healing personally, and in prayer for others, based solely on His merits.

(His kindness leads to repentance (changes of mind) ....)

Yes, without a doubt GOD is still in the prayer answering business and the healing is part of that.

James 5:14
"Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord".

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the LORD shall raihath committed sins, they shall be forgiven him".

I am living proof of the power healing. I had a horrible migraine and not so much as an aspirin in the house. I told my husband to lay hands on me and make the pain go away. He prayed in his prayer language, I only understood one word he said, Christos. The pain turned into tingling, the tingling moved down my spin to my left leg, down my leg and out the bottom of my foot. It took maybe 5 seconds. All pain completely gone.

Isaiah 53:5 (NASB)
But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.

Praise the Lord!!!

I don't think the question is "Does God heal today?" or "Can God bring healing?". These have never been the question. The question is, are people able to bring healing to another person at will? Can healing happen every time?

When a person claims to have gift of healing, is he able to bring healing every time he prays for another person?

I have seen healing many times through prayers at Church or through family prayers..Who has the gift of healing in this case?

I don't think the question is "Does God heal today?" or "Can God bring healing?". These have never been the question. The question is, are people able to bring healing to another person at will? Can healing happen every time?

When a person claims to have gift of healing, is he able to bring healing every time he prays for another person?

I have seen healing many times through prayers at Church or through family prayers..Who has the gift of healing in this case?

God!

And He is the only one that should ever get the praise and recognition.

Last edited:

What does it mean at this point.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Doesnt say Elders apostles or any one with Gifts It says believers which is anyone who believes in jesus Christ being who He cliams to be.

If you want to accept these signs gifts to the Apostles then you must take all of them my brother because they were given as a package. That being the case YOU should have no problem drinking bleach or formaldehyde.

You really saying I should drink that to prove God is with me and anyone who believes this message?

You got a scripture for that to back up what you just said that thats part of the package?
Check my name again Word or nothing. You need to back up what you are saying there. We know what some of them did not all of them Please dont be misquoting anyone.

These signs have followed the preaching of the gospel BUT they are not signs to continue the preaching of the gospel.

Really you got a scripture for that as well. Because if you dont I cant except what you or anyone else thinks might be the case.

These signs disapeared even in the early church,

Yes I am well aware of it dissapearing from the church. Would you like to put a date on that. Because you said it was only the appostles that healed raised the dead etc. So when did it die? And when did healing die?

but if you insist that they are for today then YOU must accept ALL of them and not just the ones that can be manufactured or worked up in the flesh.
I know that is not well received by some people because we have been taught something different by the church affiliation we have so my encouragement is to read and follow the Scriptures and not church doctrine.

Well I think my testimonys are clear that people got healed of some major illnesses. No doubt in my mind or experiance.

To use Isaiah 53:5 as a basis for physical healing is incorrect exergeses of the Scriptures my brother.
This is another thing the church has got so very wrong. I used to think what you are thinking to.
So lets see why did Christ have to go to the wipping post. How many sacrificial lambs went for a beating and were flogged before the were sacrifised? NONE why did Christ have to suffer that flogging 39 lashes that killed most men. And if you want to go a little deeper in this scripture. Its no stripes in the Hebrwe its strip. Because there was not an area of His body that was left uncut les than an inch square. He was whipped so by His stripes you are /were healed now. What you think the bread is for. what you think eating unworthly is.
His body was brocked so you could be whole and restored to original value.
His blood was shen for you sins. They are seperate. By His stripes you are healed.

This one of the classic examples of people WANTING the Scriptures to say something that they do not say.

well like I say bring some other scripture to back up scripture, not that you actully have one anyway. All you said is this doesnt mean what I think it means.

Peter tells us the anser in 1st Peter 2:24........
"Who his own self bare our SINS in His own body on the tree, that we, bneing dead to SINS should live unto righteousness, BY WHOSE STRIPES YE WERE HEALED".

Yes clearly two seperate things that were completed at two seperate times.
Wipping post strips, Cross sins crystel clear to me.

We were healed of our trespasses and sins!!!!!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 is not about physical healing but SPIRITUAL reconciliation.

So as I said please quote some scripture to back up YOUR claims.

These signs have followed the preaching of the gospel BUT they are not signs to continue the preaching of the gospel. These signs disapeared even in the early church, but if you insist that they are for today then YOU must accept ALL of them and not just the ones that can be manufactured or worked up in the flesh.

I have handled servants... Lol. Well, mostly large constrictors. I did handle a diamondback rattle snake once. It had been hit by a car, but still very much alive. I was able to get a stick to hold its head down so I can grab behind the head to hold it.

Does that count for one of the three things?

I have handled servants... Lol. Well, mostly large constrictors. I did handle a diamondback rattle snake once. It had been hit by a car, but still very much alive. I was able to get a stick to hold its head down so I can grab behind the head to hold it.

I would say no. The Scriptures that say these things are Mark 16:17 and the word there is "serpents".

The facts are that the Apostles in verses 14 -18 were said specifically to THEM, the Apostles.

1"4 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

I know that it is the desire of many people to believe that those verse apply to us today so that healing can be something we can believe upon today. That is just not the case at all. The Apostles were told to GO into the world. That meant going to places that would be dangerous and wild and deadly. But Jesus gave the ELEVEN the SIGN gifts so as to protect them on their journeys.

Men walking through the desert would be able to drink bad water and live. Wearing open toed sandals made them easy prey for VIPERS and venomous snakes.

Also worth noteing is that Mark 16:10-20 comes with a notation in most all Bibles. There are at least 3 different ending to Mark and the description in verses 10-20 are not found in the other gospels. Two of the oldest and by many thought to be the best, 4th Century mss., Vaticanue & Sinaitcus plus many others stop at 16:8 and verses 9-20 do not appear at all.
Most notable scholars believe that the end of Mark was damaged or burned or ripped off at an early date and another ending placed in it.

Yes, without a doubt GOD is still in the prayer answering business and the healing is part of that.

James 5:14
"Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord".

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the LORD shall raihath committed sins, they shall be forgiven him".

Absolutely correct!

Yes it counts that you are NUTS!!!!:ROFLMAO:

DON"T do that again! You have a family that needs you. The only good snake IMO is a really dead one.;)

I would say no. The Scriptures that say these things are Mark 16:17 and the word there is "serpents".

The facts are that the Apostles in verses 14 -18 were said specifically to THEM, the Apostles.

Really verse tells us that it was only for the apostiles?

1"4 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.
15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these signs
will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Clearly the word says "Believers" not apostles. Its doesnt even metion the apostles. Is it only for apostles? why does it say the same thay for tougnes? Is it onlt apostles that speak in toungnes NO

I know that it is the desire of many people to believe that those verse apply to us today so that healing can be something we can believe upon today. That is just not the case at all. The Apostles were told to GO into the world. That meant going to places that would be dangerous and wild and deadly. But Jesus gave the ELEVEN the SIGN gifts so as to protect them on their journeys.

So now you are saying its only the apostles that got the commisson? Really So what about the 72 what did hHe give them? You keep forgettting them

Men walking through the desert would be able to drink bad water and live. Wearing open toed sandals made them easy prey for VIPERS and venomous snakes.
This is quite funny now. Come on man keep it real

Also worth noteing is that Mark 16:10-20 comes with a notation in most all Bibles. There are at least 3 different ending to Mark and the description in verses 10-20 are not found in the other gospels. Two of the oldest and by many thought to be the best, 4th Century mss., Vaticanue & Sinaitcus plus many others stop at 16:8 and verses 9-20 do not appear at all.
Most notable scholars believe that the end of Mark was damaged or burned or ripped off at an early date and another ending placed in it.

There are many verses that tell us what we are to do today.
Go tell them all things I told you.
Lay hands on the sick These signs will follow believers.
Dont you know you will do greater things than these?
And if you sick go ask the elders.
How can the elders get you healed if it was only for the apostles?
Do you know what the difference is between and elder and an office elder. Most church elders are only an office. Because they dont lay hands on the sick. Why hasnt you elders got your mother healed? Did you/she ask then to lay hands on her?
You are once again misqouting scripture maj.

Yes it counts that you are NUTS!!!!:ROFLMAO:

DON"T do that again! You have a family that needs you. The only good snake IMO is a really dead one.;)

It was a once in a life time thing for me since I absolutely love reptiles in general. I have owned many in my life time. Although, I haven't in over six years.

My wife keeps telling me no.

Major you keep saying that you believe God heals. Then you are trying very hard to disprove what you say you believe. Do you realise how many times you have done that in this conversation? Do you believe God heals today? If yes why didnt he heal your mother? Remember there is no turning in God he has no favourets, what He will do for one he will do for all. God cannot lie. If He never healed your mother why didnt God heal her, you will need a scripture to show me why He doesnt heal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back