God Is Looking for Intercessors

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
God Is Looking for Intercessors

"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one."
Ezekiel 22:30
God looks for those whose hearts are prepared to be intercessors before Him. Intercessors have hearts in tune with God's heart. They are so acutely aware of what is at stake, for their land, that they will stay before God as long as necessary in order to obtain God's answer. That is why you do not volunteer to be an intercessor. God enlists you.

Why do we not intercede as we should? Perhaps we are afraid to put God to the test. We worry that God might not answer our prayers. Yet God promises that if we ask, we will receive (Matt. 7:7). We may fail to intercede because we believe the busyness of our everyday lives is more effective than prayer. Jesus warned that apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5). Without being intimately acquainted with God and His will, all of our labors are futile. Perhaps we fail to intercede because we misunderstand the heart of God. Jesus wept over the city of Jerusalem as He interceded for it (Matt. 23:37). If we truly have God's love within us, we will feel compelled to plead with God on behalf of those who face His imminent judgment.

Intercession is a lonely business. There may be many days or even years when there appear to be few results for your labor. Yet intercessors can be the only ones standing between a family and God's judgment, or between an individual or nation and God's wrath.
Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:groupray:​

The Word in faith through the lips of faith can move any mountain. Prayer a wise man once said should be "as natural as breathing" and one must make their request in a quiet confidence that God will hear and is willing to move. Such a prayer will not be denied.

Wow thats so awesome, God called me to intercede yet im still new to christ ( saved nov.5 ,2010) and my prayer skills are pretty mediocre but the lord will help me develop these skills. But that paragraph made me feel special =)

Hey christine, well God will usually use other christians to verify. Like for me, God used my aunt whose a prophet, he gave her a dream of me standing at an altar praying for others and teaching others how to pray. Then when my other aunt was going through something , the lord gave me a dream abt my aunt complainig abt her bills and i was supposed to pray for her and i did. It will be like that. But i know w/out a doubt the lord has special gifts set aside for you, during prayer ask the lord to reveal your spiritual gifts. =)

Oh I see. That's very interesting, I've never heard of anything like this before. I have a Prayer Wall app on my iPod and I pray for others a lot and even those around me who don't use the app. I know that is completely different from what you speak of. I still pray.
Thanks!
smile.png

To me, i think the lord may use you as an intercessor b/c intercessors dnt think of praying for others as work and it comes natural and i think you may be one . Still pray about it, God will answer you . Also very important , remember that no spiritual gift is above or more powerful than the other all gifts are needed to strengthen the body of christ. I neee to remind myself of that sometimes, also theres a difference btwn being gifted. I'll give an example, all christians can discern but some have the gift of discernment like my cousin and aunt. All christians can pray but some have the gift to intercede. =) but dnt worry the lord has blessed u w your own spiritual abilities your gifted at, just pray.

Right. All gifts are needed; that makes total sense. I'll certainly pray for what God has in store for me to help others.

Yay =D hey when God makes your gifts known could you let me know what they are, i like hearing about others gifts and how the lord uses them. Well God bless and have a good day.

Sure... well I have one, but I hardly use it since my parents split. I've been singing since I was 4 years old and I used to sing in church. Other gifts, if I do have them, I don't know about. Or maybe that's the only one I have. God only knows.

Actually christine thats a natural talent like mine which is art and drawing. Also like cooking and such spiritual gifts are: gifts of discernment, mercy,teaching, apostle,missonary, prophecy, exhortion,knowledge, wisdom, intercessory and i think thats it. With all our talents and gifts we are to use them to glorify God. But singing is pretty awesome though.

I think God gifts us with these natural talents as well, though. When I did sing in church it felt like it wasn't me that was singing the words. I dunno how else to explain it but that.

Your right God does gift us w these natural talents but they arent spiritual gifts though also i forgot to tell you, im sorry your parents split im definetely keeping you in my prayers and am happy to be your friend and will be the best friend i can be for you. Also did you sing like in a choir , if so thats awesome singing is an awesome gift!

Thanks pancakes. ^.^ I'm sure we'll get along just fine.
I wasn't put in with the choir, and now that I say that I'm not sure why, but I sang along with someone who played the piano, or I sang along with CD that had only instrumentals.

Awesome absolutely awesome. I like instrumentals, what other stuff do you like to do? I like to draw and read =) oh also do you get nervous when u sing infront of people? Sorry 4 all the questions lol

I love to read and write. I'm in a few Role Plays, but they're dying out.
frown.png
I draw anime, but I have a hard time finding inspiration; much like writing, if you don't feel like doing it or don't have inspiration then your writing or drawings don't come to life very well.

I actually get nervous if I'm singing in front of a small group rather than a large one. Weird huh?

Thats so cool. I totally understand the whole inspiration thing... I havent drawn in a couple of days. And people have different things that make them nervous, id love to hear one of ur stories one day . Um also i think we should post on each others profile page since we stopped talking abt intercessors. XD Lol

Back