God Is Not Hiding

Psa 19:1For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Psa 19:2 Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard.
Psa 19:4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their utterances to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
Psa 19:5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber; It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.
Psa 19:6 Its rising is from one end of the heavens, And its circuit to the other end of them; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Act 14:15 and saying, "Men, why are you doing these things? We are also men of the same nature as you, and preach the gospel to you that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, WHO MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM.

This weeks lesson causes many discussions and if the Christian is not careful to the extreme, at times, the Lost Man will drag us into a nonproductive argument. Since it is not in the interests of the Secular Media to report the truth in matters such as these, the Christian, before the World Wide Web, Christians were required to be well read. Writings such as those of REV. WILLIAM A. WILLIAMS, New Jersey, USA, on the Fifty Scientific Proofs (1925) that the Evolution of man never occurred were not just ignored, they were suppressed.

In recent years I, in keeping an eye on these issues, both in the Secular Press as well as in the, less known, nonsecular press such as World News Daily, have read articles where some scientists have admitted, not only that Evolution has failed as a theory but that the Big Bang Theory has also fallen by the way side. This leaves the world of science to postulate new theories to replace what is now taught as fact in our schools from Grade School, up. The Christian World must awaken and arm themselves with the truth found in the scriptures.

Many Deists have proclaimed that God created and went home, leaving us to ourselves and that is not true. When we look at the world around us, we see the very works of God and as we begin to study them we see the hands of God at work. God, Yahweh, is not hiding from us! No, God interacts with us, moment by moment, every second of every day.

If we are truly interested to know God, all we need do is to look around us. When I look at my hand I see one of the most remarkable instruments anyone has ever used and everyone of us, save an accident or disaster is equipped with two of them. God has outfitted everyone of us to perform all the tasks needed to be successful in this life. And, since, man wants God to be so much like himself we need to remember creations such as the Duck Billed Platypus. Here we have a mammal with the mouth of a bird that is, again, perfectly suited for it's location.

And the study of the eye is absolutely fantastic! If God were more like man He would not have, in one weeks time created so many varied types of eyes. If a being, more, like God had created, yes, it would have taken many billions of years to have tested and improved all of the needed types of eyes for the worlds creatures to successfully compete their lives. Now, that is one, very isolate, instrument among the millions that God created in one week!

Through these creations we find out a lot about God, including His attributes. When I look at the Universe, I find myself at a loss for words to describe what I see. The chosen reference here is the Romans one passage but I need to return to the beginning for this point;

Gen 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

There is much to consider in this and I'm going to go extra-biblical for a moment. Formless and void! We know that God has the best mind of any being in the world and I'm going to try to parallel for this point. I once flew Model planes and as a result and because of a very active mind, would design flying models with some very spectacular wings, all in my mind. If you or another were to try to look at my designs, you could not have seen them! They remained shapeless and void until I put them to paper and from there built them to test while flying.

Now, God's attribute in all of this. I took the wood, paper, and skin materials, created by my Father, God and created, no, I built the shapeless into being. God, on the other hand, took nothing and created! And that is just the beginning of our understanding of the attributes of God!

And the last point, God's intentions, how can we ever know them? Answer: We have the very Word of God in the scriptures and it not only records what God has done but what He has said to each and every one of us. When God speaks, audibly, to any one of us, that is a Special Revelation and I can tell you that it makes your heart ache to have heard God speak seven words to you and then to hear nothing else for twenty-three years because you're to conceited to seek after God on His terms.

When we can get over ourselves, open the Word of God, and pray for His help to understand will begin to understand His intentions. I have not attempted to be all inclusive but hope that this will cause verbal and written discourse or as the scriptures put it, steel sharpening steel.

Back