God Is Not Your Problem

Devotional To Share

God Is Not Your Problem

JAMES 1:17 ESV 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

We all face many problems in life, but God is not behind our problems.

God is your answer, not your problem.

Insurance contracts may call natural catastrophes "acts of God," but they are wrong. They are not acts of the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, but acts of the god of this world, the devil.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4 NLT 4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Jesus made a clear distinction between the work of God and the work of the thief in John 10:10.

JOHN 10:10 ESV 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

When terrible things happen, it is not unusual to find people saying "God, why did you do this to me?" This assumes God is responsible for every thing that happens. But the Bible gives us a different message.

1 JOHN 5:19 NLT 19 We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one.

The devil is behind the evil in the world. And people have allowed the devil to do his dirty work. So, ultimately, we humans are to blame. We cannot blame God. He has given us authority to stop evil, but we have failed to exercise our authority as we should have.

God gave mankind dominion on earth.

GENESIS 1:26 ESV 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

When Jesus redeemed mankind, He restored to us dominion through His Name. We are responsible for what we allow to happen on earth, because Jesus has given us His authority.

LUKE 10:19 ESV 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

MATTHEW 18:18 NLT 18 "I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.

Heaven will back us, but we have the responsibility to stand against evil on earth, using our spiritual authority.

Anything that steals, kills, or destroys is not from God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, but from our enemy, so it should be resisted.

Jesus Christ perfectly represented God and He went around doing good and healing people (Acts 10:38), not hurting people. Jesus was a giver, not a taker. And He is still the same today.

SAY THIS: The problems I face are not God's fault.

Back