God of Storms

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

God of Storms

Psa 107:12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
Psa 107:13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
Psa 107:14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
Psa 107:15 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psa 107:16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

God is a faithful and loving Father. He will indeed bring you to a place of breaking for many times this is the only place that we will turn our heart back to Him. Like Shaddrach, Messach and Abedigo we may often find Him in the midst of this fire.

Psa 107:17 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.
Psa 107:18 Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.
Psa 107:19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.
Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Psa 107:21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

Yes it is often our nature to walk our own way and yes this often brings us to a place fo desperation. Praise God this is just the place we need to be . Our strength and confidence is gone and now we must lean on Him!

Psa 107:23 They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
Psa 107:24 These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.
Psa 107:25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
Psa 107:26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
Psa 107:27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.
Psa 107:28 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

Have you seen the great works of the Lord? Has every storm in your life been a nudge back to the One who loves you most? Has everything you have learned to lean on crumbled in your hands? Praise God for your deliverance is now near!

Psa 107:29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
Psa 107:30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
Psa 107:31 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psa 107:32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

Hallelujah God has been there waiting for us to turn to Him all along. Open arms await, rejoice with the Father for His child is coming home!

A Beautiful Sermon!

Psa 107:29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
Psa 107:30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.

You know, not only do troubles allow us to call on the LORD, they also help us to experience the better times with much more appreciation!

be careful violet the jews caused problems to show how good God was,they are only just getting back.:)

That wasn't really the point. The old testament was written for our to learn from. It is an admoniton and an example.

Psa 119:71It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Psa 119:73 JOD. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
Psa 119:74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
Psa 119:75 I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
Psa 119:76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

Thankyou pastor Larry...... errr.. I mean Bro Larry... I love your exhortations.

4040jls.gif

Dusty and Violet you are both very talented! Thank you so much!

Thanks Bro.... But I can't take any credit. Violet can as she makes her own .... I unfortunately cheat and get them of the net.:eek::eek::eek: LOL... :D:D:D Well at least I am telling the truth. Anyways I am glad you enjoy them as I enjoy finding them. Blessings and love to you.

That's ok Dusty, that's why they are called "snaggables" and some of mine I have snagged as well! :)

True and kudos to Violet. But Dusty you still have a knack for picking the right pics at the right time!:D

Psa 145:14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all thosethatbe bowed down.

Back