God Speaking!

"God spoke to me and said verbally.........".

Did He????

How do you know that what you heard was from God?

When you hear someone say that, "God just spoke to me and said that I should tell you........."----RUN!

God speaks to us today through His written Word, the Bible.

If anyone says that "God spoke to me and said".......IT MUST be what God has already said in His Word.

WHY?????

Because when it is different from what He has already said, then that is a "Contradiction" which in reality is a lie, and God can not lie.

When anyone then repeats what God has already said in His written Word, that is called Bible Teaching!

When we think that God is speaking verbally and audibly to us, it can be a sign of........
1. We have not taken our meds today.
2. We have taken too many of our meds today.
3. We are asleep and having a dream.....wake up!

"God spoke to me and said verbally.........".

Did He????

How do you know that what you heard was from God?

When you hear someone say that, "God just spoke to me and said that I should tell you........."----RUN!

God speaks to us today through His written Word, the Bible.

If anyone says that "God spoke to me and said".......IT MUST be what God has already said in His Word.

WHY?????

Because when it is different from what He has already said, then that is a "Contradiction" which in reality is a lie, and God can not lie.

When anyone then repeats what God has already said in His written Word, that is called Bible Teaching!

When we think that God is speaking verbally and audibly to us, it can be a sign of........
1. We have not taken our meds today.
2. We have taken too many of our meds today.
3. We are asleep and having a dream.....wake up!
I agree. Prophecy is subject to the prophets (I Cor. 14:32). If it is not written in God's Word then it is a blatant lie. Beware that your life is in peril if you say to another person or group that "God said" when He has not said.

I agree. Prophecy is subject to the prophets (I Cor. 14:32). If it is not written in God's Word then it is a blatant lie. Beware that your life is in peril if you say to another person or group that "God said" when He has not said.
I would offer.

Its how we try the spirits to see if of men earthly or inspired from God the heavenly unseen realm . His doctrines falling like rain

Today we have the perfect or complete. Face to face. The perfect knwoledge according to the perfect . There are no laws mising by which we could know or God more intimatley.

It ends and completes itself with 7 seal and a warning not to add or subtract from the whole . Becuse time was nearing when the last prophecy was recorded twice in one verse used to emphaze through the bible like a double blesing he comands the believe to believe not

Mathew 24: 23-26 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

If it were possible speaks of the seven seals . seven a metaphor used in parables iit ndicates complete or perfect. It would be imposible to decieve the Elect by adding to the word (all thing written in the law and the prophets) sola scriptura or taking away from it .

1 Corithians 13:9-12 helps to emphasize the truth . Known in part when it was written.Again Revelation

1 Corithians 13:9-12 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I tend to think it will not be possible because the Elect won't be here, we will be in Heaven. We are not the children of wrath so we leave before all that. God agreed with Abraham that for as few as ten people He would spare Sodom and Gomorrah but some think He would leave millions of His blood-bought children here through Tribulation for Israel? That doesn't sound like my King and I wouldn't serve a God that would talk out both sides of His mouth.

Reminds me of what one of God's Scribes, John the Elder, said in Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV):

"18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

We have seen 'man' changing, adding to and taking away from God's Word for as long as the Scriptures have been in place. Do we know why 'man' changes God's Word? I think we have an idea. As of September of 2020, there were an estimated 33,000+ different Christian denominations/ministries, each teaching slightly differently. It has been said by persons much smarter about such things than me, that when a 'man' sees all the persons attending a 'church', and sees all the tithing money going into the collection basket, that 'man' (or woman) may think, "If I come up with something new and exciting, maybe some of those people with come over to my new church and I can get their money."

It is a sad statement to think that persons would actually manipulate God's Word for financial gain, but it is an undeniable truth. Many of the TV ministries spend 5 minutes teaching Scripture and 25 minutes raising money. Many have been investigated for fraud and their court cases are public record.

Here in the back woods of Kentucky, we read God's Word each day and thank Him for providing it. If we hear someone teaching differently from what is written in original scripture, we "run" the other way - as y'all have mentioned. The Truth in God's Word can not be changed and anyone who does so may be in a heap of hurt on Judgement Day.

I tend to think it will not be possible because the Elect won't be here, we will be in Heaven. We are not the children of wrath so we leave before all that. God agreed with Abraham that for as few as ten people He would spare Sodom and Gomorrah but some think He would leave millions of His blood-bought children here through Tribulation for Israel? That doesn't sound like my King and I wouldn't serve a God that would talk out both sides of His mouth.

I would offer. A person cannot follow that commandment to belive not. if we are not here under the sun .

The reference that it will not be possible to deceive the elect is not speaking of the wrath of God on the last day under the sun .Judgemnt day as well as in the same twinling of the eye belivers receive the promise of thier new incoruptible body.

But no adding or substracting from the whole (66 books) . Revelation is still the last book , chapter 22 the last new revelation as a warning not to ad sealed with 7 seals. Therefore today if any man that says thus sayeth the lord we are to believe not. His written word is perfect. face to face

We have the perfect with no laws missing needed to interpret the whole missing by which we could known Christ more intimately . The comandment is to believe not now that we no longer have prophecy in part .

I would offer. A person cannot follow that commandment to belive not. if we are not here under the sun .

The reference that it will not be possible to deceive the elect is not speaking of the wrath of God on the last day under the sun .Judgemnt day as well as in the same twinling of the eye belivers receive the promise of thier new incoruptible body.

But no adding or substracting from the whole (66 books) . Revelation is still the last book , chapter 22 the last new revelation as a warning not to ad sealed with 7 seals. Therefore today if any man that says thus sayeth the lord we are to believe not. His written word is perfect. face to face

We have the perfect with no laws missing needed to interpret the whole missing by which we could known Christ more intimately . The comandment is to believe not now that we no longer have prophecy in part .
The church isn't even mentioned again after chapter 4 of Revelation.

Why is it that so many people want to chime in when discussing end times but in other threads there is about 4 of us. For some, disguising the truth of what will happen in the last days is their religion.

I would offer.

Its how we try the spirits to see if of men earthly or inspired from God the heavenly unseen realm . His doctrines falling like rain

Today we have the perfect or complete. Face to face. The perfect knwoledge according to the perfect . There are no laws mising by which we could know or God more intimatley.

It ends and completes itself with 7 seal and a warning not to add or subtract from the whole . Becuse time was nearing when the last prophecy was recorded twice in one verse used to emphaze through the bible like a double blesing he comands the believe to believe not

Mathew 24: 23-26 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

If it were possible speaks of the seven seals . seven a metaphor used in parables iit ndicates complete or perfect. It would be imposible to decieve the Elect by adding to the word (all thing written in the law and the prophets) sola scriptura or taking away from it .

1 Corithians 13:9-12 helps to emphasize the truth . Known in part when it was written.Again Revelation

1 Corithians 13:9-12 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I agree. I have always been what you described and that is a "Cessationist".

The "PERFECT in 1 Corth. 13:10 is the Greek word....TELEION. It means "COMPLETE/MATURE".

Many who are "Continueists" ( Want to continue the Sign Gifts) wrongly say that TE:LEION mean either Jesus Christ or our heavely home.

It can not mean our heavenly home as the Scriptures in 1 Corth. 13:8-10 say that the TELEION is Coming. If it means our Heavenly Home, then that is not something COMING to us......We are going to it!!!............That eliminates our Heavely Home as the TELEION.

Then as for the TELEION being Jesus, the Greek grammer is written in a way that it does not allow the TELEION to be Jesus Christ. Jesus is "masculine" and the grammar DEMANDS that the TELEION be a thing and not a person, therefor it can not be Jesus.

That then leaves the written WORD OF GOD as the "TELEION"....the Completed/Mature Bible.

I agree. I have always been what you described and that is a "Cessationist".

The "PERFECT in 1 Corth. 13:10 is the Greek word....TELEION. It means "COMPLETE/MATURE".

Many who are "Continueists" ( Want to continue the Sign Gifts) wrongly say that TE:LEION mean either Jesus Christ or our heavely home.

It can not mean our heavenly home as the Scriptures in 1 Corth. 13:8-10 say that the TELEION is Coming. If it means our Heavenly Home, then that is not something COMING to us......We are going to it!!!............That eliminates our Heavely Home as the TELEION.

Then as for the TELEION being Jesus, the Greek grammer is written in a way that it does not allow the TELEION to be Jesus Christ. Jesus is "masculine" and the grammar DEMANDS that the TELEION be a thing and not a person, therefor it can not be Jesus.

That then leaves the written WORD OF GOD as the "TELEION"....the Completed/Mature Bible.
Looking at the Greek word it is evident to me that you would be correct. Although some may elaborate as it being 'consummated' or 'perfect'. Either way, I would suggest that it does, indeed, relate to the written Word and implies the complete fulfillment of the Bible. A person could take that however they want but the intrinsic value of the root word would remain intact. Just as my brother, Major also has concluded.

The church isn't even mentioned again after chapter 4 of Revelation.

In which way was the bride of Christ the church not mentioned after 4?. This is because seeing the whole book of Revelation is interpreted according to its "signified" understanding found in parables or called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17 ?

Who is the bride in Revelation 12 seeing she represents all the nations of the world .Is she the same bride as the wife of Christ the church revealed in chapter 21?

Why would she be left out ?

In which way was the bride of Christ the church not mentioned after 4?. This is because seeing the whole book of Revelation is interpreted according to its "signified" understanding found in parables or called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17 ?

Who is the bride in Revelation 12 seeing she represents all the nations of the world .Is she the same bride as the wife of Christ the church revealed in chapter 21?

Why would she be left out ?
Good questions and I am glad you asked. Allow me to answer you.

The word "Church" does not appear in the Bible after Rev. 4. The last word in Rev. 3 is........"Churches".

The Church is NOT seen after Rev. 4 because she is Raptured and from that point on is seen in heaven with Christ.

The word..."WIFE" = The Bride of Christ which is His church then appears in Rev. 19:4 which is after the 7 year Tribulation and right before Armageddon.
The Church comes with the Host of Heaven in Rev. 19:14 and is said to be in the Army of Christ as He comes agin at Armageddon.

Your confusion comes from the fact that there is NO BRIDE mentioned in Revelation 12. There is a "WOMAN" but that WOMAN is the nation of Israel as it is "she" who Jesus Christ comes out of.

However wonderful as that may sound......the Bible fact is that the Church which is the body of real born again believers will not be HERE under the SUN.

We will be in heaven WITH THE SON due to the Rapture of believers.

Why is it that so many people want to chime in when discussing end times but in other threads there is about 4 of us. For some, disguising the truth of what will happen in the last days is their religion.

Well.....you are correct and that is due to the fact that many, many people simply do not do the work of in-depth Bible study so as to be shown a workman who rightly divides the Word of God.

We have many TV personalities and fiction authors who say and produce what sounds good to many people. However, that is not Bible study.

For some reason, there are many people who believe that if they can teach and explain the Revelation it will make them look like better, more informed Christians. That is the problem......."Pride comes before a fall".

I have actually had people come to Christ and be saved and 6 months later ask me if they can start teaching a Bible Study class of the book of the Revelation.

While I appreciate that kind of passion and enthusiasm, it will in the end turn out to be the worst thing anyone could ever do.

However wonderful as that may sound......the Bible fact is that the Church which is the body of real born again believers will not be HERE under the SUN.

We will be in heaven WITH THE SON due to the Rapture of believers.

I understand that it will occur on the last day. He will come as a thief in the night . We can watch as did Noah but no dates are given to wonder about

We walk or understand by faith Not of those of the numbers (law of the fathers Pharisees with Sadducees .)

When Christ comes on last day it’s the end of this world. Then we will receive the new incorruptible body . A picture or parable of her is shown in Revelation 12. The bride of Christ signified as the mother of us all (Galatians 4)

It’s the end of time no more night, the sun and moon having served there temporal purpose. A new creation heaven and earth the previous memories under the sun are gone never to be remembered for ever more..

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

The same bride of Christ spoken of in the previous chapter 11 . . .the great voice calling her, the church up into the eternal presence of Glory.

Revelation11: 12-15 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

I understand that it will occur on the last day. He will come as a thief in the night . We can watch as did Noah but no dates are given to wonder about

We walk or understand by faith Not of those of the numbers (law of the fathers Pharisees with Sadducees .)

When Christ comes on last day it’s the end of this world. Then we will receive the new incorruptible body . A picture or parable of her is shown in Revelation 12. The bride of Christ signified as the mother of us all (Galatians 4)

It’s the end of time no more night, the sun and moon having served there temporal purpose. A new creation heaven and earth the previous memories under the sun are gone never to be remembered for ever more..

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

The same bride of Christ spoken of in the previous chapter 11 . . .the great voice calling her, the church up into the eternal presence of Glory.

Revelation11: 12-15 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Again.....maybe I did not say it clear enough in my last post, There is NO Bride and NO church in Revelation 12 and Rev. 12 is NOT a parable.

The WOMAN in Rev. 12 is the nation of Israel and is NOT the Bride of Christ.

Now then, when Christ comes the next time, it is not the end of the world and time does not end!!!!.
It is actually the beginning of the Eternal State where we will live with God and Christ will rule.

There is NO BRIDE in Revelation 11 or 12.

Rev. 11:12-14 is the end of the 2nd "WOE". The 3rd "WOE" begins shortly but not immediately. The 3rd "WOE" begins when Satan is cast down or better said....refused and audience to God, and that comes in Chapter 12:12.

Back