God's Choosing in Contrast to Everything Else

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

I used to ponder God's creation of the heavens, universe and the earth, and at some point He got around to creating us. I felt the former was more important than the latter but my growing understanding had changed. God considers us more precious in choosing us over the foundation that surrounds us and beyond.

Ephesians 1:4-5, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. 5 He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, - RSV

God choosing us who believe is like having a purpose given for our life. Despite the setbacks and disappoints that occur along our path, they do not thwart God's purpose in being there to carry us through it all.

He is also my Savior Jesus. Jesus is my Perfect Shepherd (Pastor) and Perfect Solution. That is a benefit to the Believer.

In Romans 5:20-21, 20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- ESV

It's a roller coaster in the obedient and sinful life of a Christian. I misunderstood that during those times when my sin increased, God had His limits. Again, my growing understanding changed. God's grace is unlimited when He sees our repentant hearts; Jesus as our propitiation (to satisfy God's wrath ) is unlimited.

The contrast to everything else can easily turn our eyes and ears away from prayer and His inerrant Word. But when we fervently strive to seek our Creator and ask Him to guide us during our weakness back into the direction unto Him, we learn more and more how the Gospel seals us (His promises are guaranteed.)

Other's thoughts?

God bless you all.

I used to ponder God's creation of the heavens, universe and the earth, and at some point He got around to creating us. I felt the former was more important than the latter but my growing understanding had changed. God considers us more precious in choosing us over the foundation that surrounds us and beyond.

Ephesians 1:4-5, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. 5 He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, - RSV

God choosing us who believe is like having a purpose given for our life. Despite the setbacks and disappoints that occur along our path, they do not thwart God's purpose in being there to carry us through, it all.

He is also my Savior Jesus. Jesus is my perfect Shepherd (Pastor) and Perfect Solution. That is a benefit to the Believer.

In Romans 5:20-21, 20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- ESV

It's a roller coaster in the obedient and sinful life of a Christian. I misunderstood that during those times when my sin increased, God had His limits. Again, my growing understanding changed. God's grace is unlimited when He sees our repentant hearts; Jesus as our propitiation (to satisfy God's wrath ) is unlimited.

The contrast to everything else can easily turn our eyes and ears away from prayer and His inerrant Word. But when we fervently strive to seek our Creator and ask Him to guide us during our weakness back into the direction unto Him, we learn more and more how the Gospel seals us (His promises are guaranteed.)

Other's thoughts?

God bless you all.
Me not know how much sin. But where Bobs many sins did increase Gods Grace did surely abound it not matter how much sin. For the depths of Gods forgiveness is deeper than the deepest sea. Yes the God chose us and we not him. We be brought at great price paid for in full up on a cross one Friday. There be no final boundaries even for the Sinner Bob : )

God choosing us who believe is like having a purpose given for our life. Despite the setbacks and disappoints that occur along our path, they do not thwart God's purpose in being there to carry us through, it all.

He is also my Savior Jesus. Jesus is my perfect Shepherd (Pastor) and Perfect Solution. That is a benefit to the Believer.

- ESV

Other's thoughts?

God bless you all.
I used to stress a lot about my walk with God. I was brought up in a church where you'd lose your salvation every time you sinned and had to get re-saved by confessing the sin each time. I broke free of such legalistic enslavement when I began to understand the reality of Romans chapter 8. Now I am free just to love and obey God, which is much easier when I remember what He did for me. If I commit to God unconditionally, follow the exhortations of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, make my aim to follow Romans 12:1-2, and stay alert for the Spirit's guidance, then following the will of God and growing in grace become a way of life I live each day without effort.

For the depths of God's forgiveness is deeper than the deepest sea.

I like that, Prim90. Many of us read the Scriptures of God's unconditional love but it doesn't sink in. I find that forgiving those who have trespassed against us in the vilest way can bring us to a more understanding in our relationship with God and his abounding grace over us.

God bless you, Prim90.

I used to stress a lot about my walk with God. I was brought up in a church where you'd lose your salvation every time you sinned and had to get re-saved by confessing the sin each time. I broke free of such legalistic enslavement when I began to understand the reality of Romans chapter 8. Now I am free just to love and obey God, which is much easier when I remember what He did for me. If I commit to God unconditionally, follow the exhortations of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, make my aim to follow Romans 12:1-2, and stay alert for the Spirit's guidance, then following the will of God and growing in grace become a way of life I live each day without effort.

Good morning, BibleLover;

Would you agree we all have experienced heavy works for forgiveness? I don't know where we'd be if it wasn't for the Scriptures that teaches us otherwise.

God bless
you.

Back