God's Finance

Dusty

Inactive
God's Finance

God's foremost rule of finance is this . We own nothing , We are managers , not owners , Stewards , not landlords. Mainenance people , not proprietors. OUr money is not ours, it is His "

------ Max Lucado

Are we being good stewards of our money ? God has entrusted all with us so we must make wise decisions with what He has entrusted us with . We must be good stewards of our money our time and all our possessions.

1 Peter 4:10-11

10.........Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
11.........If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen

Luke 12:41-48

41......Peter asked, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?"
42........The Lord answered, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time?
43..........It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns.
44.......I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
45......But suppose the servant says to himself, 'My master is taking a long time in coming,' and he then begins to beat the menservants and maidservants and to eat and drink and get drunk.
46..........The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers. 47.......That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.
48.........But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Good stewardship means that we work and give cheerfully . Lets take inventory of our gifts that God has given to us , our talents and possessions , invest them in world aound us so that with a glad heart we can report back to the giver.

I have no need of a bull from your stall
or of goats from your pens,

for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know every bird in the mountains,
and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.

It is hard for me to understand why some folks have so much trouble understanding this. :confused:

It is hard for me to understand why some folks have so much trouble understanding this. :confused:

Me too cause He owns the cattle on a thousand hills . What does that tell you .?

But you see people don't understand that when we give it all to Him that helps us to become humble and isn't that what God is looking for .

He is looking for us to give our hearts to Him . Because if our hearts are submitting to Him then where will our treasures be ?

Me too cause He owns the cattle on a thousand hills . What does that tell you .?

It tells me that He owns everything as He created everything.
But I do know that there are some people who take versus like this to mean a literal 1,000.
Not 999, and not 1,001 but 1,000, and as there are many more than 1,000 hills, some folks figure they can take what they want, as long as God gets His share. :(

It tells me that He owns everything as He created everything.
But I do know that there are some people who take versus like this to mean a literal 1,000.
Not 999, and not 1,001 but 1,000, and as there are many more than 1,000 hills, some folks figure they can take what they want, as long as God gets His share. :(

Yup .... I know those kind too . They are the sometimes Christians making up their own rules to suit themselves.

Back