Gods Not Dead Movie

Here are some short reviews:

The prostelytizing concept immediately loses credibility because no teacher at a legitimate academic institution would make that demand, augmenting it with threat of failure.

Has a decided agenda but still manages to be entertaining

Let's just say that the acting wasn't very good in this movie, but the message was very good. This was all in all a good movie and would recommend seeing it.

This is a feel-good movie, no doubt. Many of the critics pan it just for that purpose, rather for what it makes you feel good about.

A sloppily written, badly argued, unevenly acted film about a first-year college student who tries to prove the existence of God within weeks of setting foot on campus.

It's not just bad filmmaking; it's bad Christianity.

The film is slickly produced, with a competent cast, and although it sometimes stacks the deck shamelessly in defense of its credo, it does allow a few dissenting voices to slip into the debate.

The Almighty deserves better advocacy than he gets in this typically ham-fisted Christian campus melodrama.

Clunky in spots? Yes. Preachy throughout? Lord, yes. Compelling to those who know what they are paying for? Without a doubt.

God may not be dead, but I'd be willing to wager this movie at least gave him a faint wave of nausea.

Fabulous!! I was surprised the acting was so well done in this, many times Christian based movies are underfunded and badly acted. This was well done and I truly enjoyed the message and the twist at the end, pretty powerful.

The prostelytizing concept immediately loses credibility because no teacher at a legitimate academic institution would make that demand, augmenting it with threat of failure.
I'm not sure how long it has been since the person (not Dave) who made the quoted review above stepped foot in a classroom but, if they consider the University of Central Florida a legitimate academic institution, then I must say the review is incorrect.

Last edited:
I liked the movie all the way up to the end. I loved that the teacher was saved, but would have made a better ending is that teacher receiving total healing with the salvation and to go on as a witness for Christ

Dave, I'm not sure the last time you stepped foot in a classroom but would you consider the University of Central Florida a legitimate academic institution? If so, I must say this quoted portion of your reply is incorrect.
These were reviewers of the movie and their statements.

You'll have to ask them how credible their statements are.

These were reviewers of the movie and their statements.

You'll have to ask them how credible their statements are.
Thank you for the clarification, Dave. The fact that the short reviews were not your own was not clear in the original posting. I will edit my post to reflect such. Again, I appreciate the additional info.

Back