God's Not Dead

Last night as I got all bundled up in the bed to watch Netflix, I decided to try out something other than my usual shows. So I started searching and saw that the movie, "God's Not Dead" was available. So I thought, "what the heck" and started playing it. I have to say that I was pleasantly impressed. At first I wasn't into it at all. The fact that the story-line was about a college professor requiring his students to admit that God is dead in order to pass a class just seemed a little too 'out there.' Like, wouldn't a professor be fired for that? We were taught in my Federal Government class a few semesters back that mentioning religion in that way is not tolerated. Maybe that's just my college? Who knows.

Anyway, once I got through the fact that that's what the movie was all about, I sort of got hooked. I loved the little extra stories and I enjoyed the debates from an atheist's and a christian's point of view. Very refreshing. Good job, Hollywood. Good job.

Anyone else seen this movie? What are your thoughts on the whole "professor requires you to admit God isn't real" thing? That isn't realistic in my opinion. What are your thoughts on the whole movie? Any other movies like this one that you can suggest?

Thanks for reading and I hope you all are having a lovely Friday!

-Liz

Last night as I got all bundled up in the bed to watch Netflix, I decided to try out something other than my usual shows. So I started searching and saw that the movie, "God's Not Dead" was available. So I thought, "what the heck" and started playing it. I have to say that I was pleasantly impressed. At first I wasn't into it at all. The fact that the story-line was about a college professor requiring his students to admit that God is dead in order to pass a class just seemed a little too 'out there.' Like, wouldn't a professor be fired for that? We were taught in my Federal Government class a few semesters back that mentioning religion in that way is not tolerated. Maybe that's just my college? Who knows.

Anyway, once I got through the fact that that's what the movie was all about, I sort of got hooked. I loved the little extra stories and I enjoyed the debates from an atheist's and a christian's point of view. Very refreshing. Good job, Hollywood. Good job.

Anyone else seen this movie? What are your thoughts on the whole "professor requires you to admit God isn't real" thing? That isn't realistic in my opinion. What are your thoughts on the whole movie? Any other movies like this one that you can suggest?

-Liz

That sounds like am episode right off of the old series, Stranger or somethinglike that.

To be honest, I read on a news site some weeks back, that that is exactly what happened, in a college in the US somewhere.
The Lecturer continued to also belittle the young lady because of her faith, and failed her in the end.
He did go under the whip so to say, and I believe her grades were reinstated. I just do not remember which site reported it.

To be honest, I read on a news site some weeks back, that that is exactly what happened, in a college in the US somewhere.
The Lecturer continued to also belittle the young lady because of her faith, and failed her in the end.
He did go under the whip so to say, and I believe her grades were reinstated. I just do not remember which site reported it.

Wow, really? That's so sad and unfortunate..

-Liz
I did see the movie.. I always enjoy Christian movies as long as 2 conditions are met -1) there are no scenes which would make us feel embarrassed having a 3 year old daughter. 2) It preaches the Gospel.

I liked the movie. It was sort of quick paced movie as well. Gets into the debate right away. I felt it was sort of unrealistic how the professor would force all the students. but it was a good movie.

-Liz
I saw the movie, and I am embarrassed to say this, but it made me cry a little.

I did see the movie.. I always enjoy Christian movies as long as 2 conditions are met -1) there are no scenes which would make us feel embarrassed having a 3 year old daughter. 2) It preaches the Gospel.

I liked the movie. It was sort of quick paced movie as well. Gets into the debate right away. I felt it was sort of unrealistic how the professor would force all the students. but it was a good movie.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that, then. I'll definitely re watch!

Reactions: Juk
That's terrible. They shouldn't be in the position they are if they cannot accept someone's faith.

Our ministry let us watched this, like a film showing of a sort with our ministry groups and it's a powerful movie! And there's also a movie Do you believe? Correct me if i'm wrong i think the author or producer of Gods not Dead and this movie is the same.

Our ministry let us watched this, like a film showing of a sort with our ministry groups and it's a powerful movie! And there's also a movie Do you believe? Correct me if i'm wrong i think the author or producer of Gods not Dead and this movie is the same.

I'll have to look for that one! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

We were taught in my Federal Government class a few semesters back that mentioning religion in that way is not tolerated. Maybe that's just my college? Who knows.

This is crazy! My first question would have been; 'in your worldview, why should it matter what we do and do not tolerate as tolerance insinuates morality, right/wrong?'. Although the question would have been sincere and respectful, it probably would have had their blood boiling.

This is crazy! My first question would have been; 'in your worldview, why should it matter what we do and do not tolerate as tolerance insinuates morality, right/wrong?'. Although the question would have been sincere and respectful, it probably would have had their blood boiling.
Atheists are intolerant hypocrites. At least those atheists.

Atheists are intolerant hypocrites. At least those atheists.

I don't know if I would put it that brash, but in essence, yes, some atheists are that way. One of my best friends is an atheist, he is extremely tolerant of my views and we actually have really good discussions every time we talk about God. As for hypocrites, we all are. Although we are saved, we still battle with the flesh and do things that are contrary to God's Word and teachings.

I used to think atheists were nuts; they probably thought the same thing about me. One of the best ways to challenge an atheist's worldview is to use Proverbs 26:4 and 5. We are not to answer a fool according to his folly, lest we be like them; but we are to answer a fool to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. Now, what does that mean? When someone says, 'I think what you're teaching people about God is wrong because God doesn't exist'. We can respond with something like, 'I don't agree with your statement that what we are teaching about God is wrong, as I believe God does exist' (not answering according to their folly); 'however, in your worldview, why is what I'm doing 'wrong' and you saying there is no God 'right''? (answering according to their folly). Essentially we are not using their basis of logic to argue against their statements, we are showing them why their logic is flawed by asking them to account for their claim, which unfortunately, they rationally cannot.

Back