God's Plan for the Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, May 12, 2018
God's Plan for the Family

"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you."
—Exodus 20:12
It has been said that a family can survive without a nation, but a nation cannot survive without the family. God established the family by bringing a man and a woman together in marriage. Then came children and grandchildren. That is His order.

The Bible tells us, however, that in the last days there will be an attack on the family. One of the signs of the end times will be a lack of respect for one’s parents. We read in 2 Timothy 3, “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy” (verses 1–2).

We have certainly lost sight of God’s commandment to “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you” (Exodus 20:12). Notice the commandment is to honor your father and mother—not honor your father and father, or your mother and mother, or your mother and her live-in lover or partner. We tamper with God’s order at our own peril.

Know this: Satan always hates what God loves. God loves the family. He established the marriage of a man and woman as a physical representation of His love for the church and the church’s love for Him. God effectively says, “You want to know how much I love My people? Look at the way that Christian man loves his wife. You want to know how much My people love Me? Look at the way that Christian woman loves her husband. This is my model. This is my example for all of you to observe.”

Therefore it should come as no surprise that the devil would try to undermine the family.
Copyright © 2018 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.

I know several people, who turned to the gay lifestyle, and in each and every case they were not raised with a mum and dad. Often it was a single/solo mother and they got raised with grandmothers or aunties as well. Absent fathers can have a big impact on family development, or lack of.

The thing is, God is a Father to the fatherless. So even if our earthly dads are absent, or they are unbelievers, we have a Father in heaven.

Those of us who have unbelieving parents cant look to them for a model of God's love, but we can look to our pastors family and see how love works in a family setting. PAul adivsed Timothy if hes seeking the office of a bishop that he must have one wife and be able to rule his household well, so that he can also look after the household of God.

Last edited:
The family is the building block of a nation. So, to undermine all nations they try to dissolve those building blocks by erosion. Soon, those who engineer this have a very powerful family to deal with. (Rev14; Rev19:11-21) God is Father of all these families, human and angelic. Soon, all shall be one, every angel will know every human and vice versa, every human will know every human, every angel already knows each other, but all humans transferred to heaven will, of course, meet everyone. LOL There is a lot of people to meet, it's a HUGE family, spirit and flesh. Even animals are restored as in Ecclesiastes 3:18-21, Romans 8:18-22; Isaiah 34:14-17.

We won, by faith in God and Christ. Just a matter of time now. (Rev10:5-7) Satan will be eroded to nothing.

Ezekiel 28:18e

"I shall burn you into ashes on the ground"

Last edited:
I was listening to this book show yesterday and the librarian was talking to a biographer who had written a biography called 'the search for anne perry'. Anne Perry is a crime writer and pseudonym for Juliet Hulme who was involved with Pauline Parker, murderering her mother, when the girls were 15 years old a crime that shocked the nation. They were found guilty and served jail time but spared the death penalty because of their age.

Anyway both their parents were separated, Juliets split up at the time of murder and Paulines parents werent actually legally married. They girls fantasised a life together although their relationship wasnt lesbian, they were obssesed with each other. Faced with separation the girls planned the murder.

This was made into a film by Peter jackson called 'heavenly creatures'.

The biographer as it turns out, was looking for Anne Perry. But why, she shared on the show that she was always writing about subjects that she could find something of herself, as she had written about other artists and writers 'with ambiguous sexuality' . Well I dont know what that means but perhaps its obvious when looking at the biographers family, which she shared that she was livng with her lesbian spouse as both had split from their husbands to be together and left two children each to pursue their careers. And the children, well the sons dont talk to their mothers.

I am sharing this because this highlights one thing...marriage breakdown, dysfunctional families, ungoldy soul ties, have consequences for the next generation. The sins of the fathers can pass on their iniquity to the next generation.
Im thinking how children of divorce have such a struggle, they in effect become illegitimate children. It can lead to abuse and murder.

The fallout from this is a generation that's lost and orphaned.

I have a new workmate. We got chatting and was asking about his family.
He said he had four mothers! And no dad.

He said his parents were lesbians and he was conceived by artificial insemination. He doesnt know his dad, only as a sperm donor. It kind of did my head in! He said his parents split up (dont know if they ever married) and then they partnered or coupled up with other lesbians.

He says he hates mothers day! Cos he has four. But when I asked him which one does he call 'mum' he said well actually he doesnt call any of them mum. Even the one who gave birth to him, he just calls them by their first names.

He does have uncles though. But he grew up with only women...he has a sister also conceived by artifical insemination, by thr same sperm donor, and hes got a stepbrother, and I supoose two stepmothers. His grandmother has a boyfriend though.

This is crazy weird to me, but many people come from bizarre families. At one time it seemd like everyone I met was a solo mother or divorced, and every guy told me their dad died when they were young. One even said his mother lied to him and he suspects his mum bumped off his dad.

My own family seems normal in comparison. But probably not normal in Gods eyes, after all mum and dad arent believers. Also every israelite couple it seemd had a firstborn son. God help you if you have only daughters and no sons. Or no children at all. But God did many miracles for barren or older women in the bible - sarah was the mother of all in her nineties. But there was the incident with Hagar, so her family was not normal either lol. Also, abraham had more wives and children after Sarah died?! He was very old by then.

Another workmate said to me he had never been to a wedding. I was like really? Nobody he knew ever got married they just lived together. But then this other workmate who is gay tells me hes going to a wedding. Hes the best man. I didnt ask him if his friend was gay too.

If it seems to you I live in a place like sodom and gomorrah well, it could be true. This is a town that has 'hero parades' and pride days. Even the govt legalised same sex marriages, prostitution, and decided homosexuality is no longer considered a crime. Todays children grow up in a world where they can be molested (even in their own homes and schools and playgrounds and parks) and people turn a blind eye to it, or cover it up.

This topic is beginning to stray from its original posting.
So it will be closed TEMPORARY and when it reopens Please Remember to stay on topic.

Also under topics not permitted in the open forum, this thread is progressing in that direction.
(3) Homosexuality (This topic has ALWAYS degenerated into attacks on the sinner. It's OK to call homosexuality - the sin - an abomination, but NOT the sinner)

Blessings

The family is the building block of a nation. So, to undermine all nations they try to dissolve those building blocks by erosion. Soon, those who engineer this have a very powerful family to deal with. (Rev14; Rev19:11-21) God is Father of all these families, human and angelic. Soon, all shall be one, every angel will know every human and vice versa, every human will know every human, every angel already knows each other, but all humans transferred to heaven will, of course, meet everyone. LOL There is a lot of people to meet, it's a HUGE family, spirit and flesh. Even animals are restored as in Ecclesiastes 3:18-21, Romans 8:18-22; Isaiah 34:14-17.

We won, by faith in God and Christ. Just a matter of time now. (Rev10:5-7) Satan will be eroded to nothing.

Ezekiel 28:18e

"I shall burn you into ashes on the ground"
Startemple, this is already happening now cremation is so common. People arent even burying their loved ones anymore they are just burning/incinerating them.
I remember several people remarking to me when their grandparents died, they said they didnt care about where they were buried, it cost too much, and they said that since their body was useless they didnt care what happened to them, and it didnt matter if they just threw them in the garbage dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back