God's strength in Our Weakness - Devotional

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NLT)

7. even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

But He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness." Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me. v.9 (AMP)

God's strength shows itself most effective in our weakness.

We all have moments of human frailty and weakness, distress and difficulties, struggles and tribulation, but it's in those moments when we're at our weakest and most vulnerable point, we can draw on God's strength.

It's God's power within us that enables us to stand strong in the Lord and to walk through it with Him. He doesn't take the weaknesses or struggles away, but He strengthens us with His power and might, so we can go through it in His strength and with complete peace—we will then come out the other side victorious.

Our prayers should not be for God to "take it away", but rather we should pray for His strength and power to endure it and to be able to stand strong in the midst of whatever life throws at us.

© By M.S.Lowndes
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All the Poetry, Card Verses, Sentiments, Devotionals and Songs are all the 'Copyrighted Work' of M.S.Lowndes. However, permission is granted for others to use them - for non-commercial use
You may copy & paste the Poetry, Card Verses, Sentiments, Devotionals into any craft project, cards, print them out for yourself or to give away to others, use them on blogs, internet groups, on any other website, recite in church services/meetings and for use in church bulletins/newsletters - keeping my copyright notice with them.

Back