God's Will vs God's Desire

Everything that transpires in life is supposed to occur, otherwise it wouldn't happen, because nothing happens without God's foreknowledge and Him allowing it to come to pass!

Everyone does God's will, but most do not to do His desires! Even though it has always been that God “desires all men to be saved” (1Ti 2:4; 2Pe 3:9), His will—or way—is that only those who “choose life . . . “will live” (Deu 30:19). Thus, everyone does God's will, but most choose not to do His desires!

We know that our loving God does everything “according to His good pleasure” (Eph 1:9), and that prior to creation, He knew “many” (that is, most) of mankind would choose “the way that leads to destruction,” and that “few” (in comparison to the many) would choose “the way which leads unto life” (Mat 7:13, 14 – becoming more obvious all the time).

I would think it doubtless to conceive that He knew there would be great worth in gaining the “few,” as evidenced by the “joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents” (Luk 15:10).

Hello, netchaplain. Agreeing with you about everything that happens in life. Everyone growing up and their surroundings have all been different, all types of conversations, and life situations. Everyone has had it different. Looking toward God you think that all people would be thankful towards him regardless the cards that had been dealt here on earth and thank him for all that situations, tribulations, and making it through and allowing ones character to he be shaped because we all are a product of how we grew up, what we learned, and how choices were made even bad and wrong choices, along with the good ones.

There is only one thing about Gods will that is missing here, can you find it in scripture ?

From the input I’ve received in this thread I realize that I need to better explain what I mean by “Everyone does God's will.” Everyone ends in subjection to God concerning His will for believers and unbelievers. For example, it’s His will (but not His desire) that the latter receive eternal death, and the prior eternal life.

Sorry for not being clear enough and thanks for all who are participating in this thread. It helped me see that I needed to be more explanatory of what I am attempting to share. The articles intent is to reflect on His sovereign control, like He knew man would partake of the “Tree” even when He was commanding not to, because it was obviously the way God desired to begin teaching us.

God bless us everyone, and God be blessed!

Gods will is found in 1 Thessalonians 5. Yes God is control but not everyone allows God to have control in their life.

Sometimes we are one who is in control and people have free will to do however they please. (Flesh vs Spirit)

In the end our choice is to either be thankful towards God or reject him. Hope this help you. For the purpose of Gods will for us in Christ Jesus is to pray, give thank, rejoice.

I agree what you say neo, about the end judgement against unbelievers and believers. All people will resurrected, some into resurrection of Condemnation (outside the kingdom of heaven) and some resurrected into enteral life (inside of the kingdom of heaven)

Gods desire is for all to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Gods will is found in 1 Thessalonians 5. Yes God is control but not everyone allows God to have control in their life.

Sometimes we are one who is control and people have free will to do however they please.

In the end our choice is to either be thankful towards God or reject him. Hope this help you. For the purpose of Gods will for us in Christ Jesus is to pray, give thank, rejoice.

hope this helps you
One thing that has been revealing to me is I have begun the
practice here of making my instruction personal. Meaning, my recent
posts are now 'I' do this or that; instead of 'you' ought; or 'we' ought.
Once I give instruction from Scripture and have to apply it to myself
first I am more cautious about how it sounds. It is easy for me to fix
you but I don't want to make myself sound like I have faults until I do.

Back