Going Through A Dry Season?

shineyourlight8

Sr Encourager Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hey guys! So, for the past year or so, my relationship with God has been very dry. However, I keep moving on, I keep pressing into Him, I keep trying. And even though I'm not sure why such a sudden change, I trust and believe that it is a season and it won't last forever. He's still my Father and I am still His Daughter. A dry season will not change that fact, and it won't change the fact that He still loves me from the very moment He created me. Nothing changes that.

But, we all know how difficult a dry season is. It's tough. It's challenging.

Anyways, most of you know that I am going to a Bible college for ministry. It's my senior year, so I'm very excited for that. But, I wanted to share something that God told me tonight about the dry season in my life and I hope that it will encourage you in your dry season as it did for me tonight.

I was walking to the prayer room on campus to hang out with Jesus. As I was walking, I was up front with God. At that moment, the dry season is still going on and I was tired. So I said to God, "I really don't want to hang out with You tonight, but I will. I just feel, though, that it's a job, that it's work."

And all I heard was: "I have never struggled to have a relationship with you. It's not a job to me, I want to have a relationship with you." I heard God's heart. His heart is still for me, even though my heart is growing weary.

As I got to the prayer room, I started praying and worshiping God. And I talked with Him and He talked with me, and it was just a great time. He spoke to me more about the dry season. He ministered to my weary soul, and He renewed me, like He always does.

For those who are going through a dry season, know that He is still for you. He still wants you, you are still His desire. He is still your God, He is still good. You are still His Son, His Daughter. Persevere through this dry season. It's just that: A season. It's not for long. Keep your eyes on the cross, keep your eyes on Him. Run the race that has been marked for you. You are His Beloved. Your relationship with God is not based off feelings, but of faith.

Going through a dry season doesn't make you less of a Christian. So if you are going through a dry season, you are STILL a Christian. It's not God's punishment to you. Every single Christian has gone through or is going to go through a dry season. But, you do have a choice of what you do with that dry season. Are you going to give up or keep seeking God?

For those who are going through a dry season, know that He is still for you. He still wants you, you are still His desire. He is still your God, He is still good. You are still His Son, His Daughter. Persevere through this dry season. It's just that: A season. It's not for long. Keep your eyes on the cross, keep your eyes on Him. Run the race that has been marked for you. You are His Beloved. Your relationship with God is not based off feelings, but of faith.

Amen! X10

Sometimes in the dry season, God plants a little seed just waiting for the rain. Forgotten beneath the surface, we cry out to God when the storms and rains come, not realizing they are helping the seed to sprout and grow to become a beautiful tree bearing much fruit to the glory of God.

What seems like a dry season to us is proving ground to the Lord. He continues to minister to our needs and grow His Spirit within us. Coming out the other side we are strengthened, renewed and better prepared to serve Him in the tasks He has planned for us. So good to hear how the Lord is working in you and sharing that with all here on CFS. God bless you.

Sometimes in the dry season, God plants a little seed just waiting for the rain. Forgotten beneath the surface, we cry out to God when the storms and rains come, not realizing they are helping the seed to sprout and grow to become a beautiful tree bearing much fruit to the glory of God.
Yup! I was talking to God, asking as to what He was trying to do during this dry season and I asked why it's lasting so long. He said, "This is training. I'm training you for your ministry." So, I'm looking at this as a training season. I can still hear His voice, which I am very happy about! :)

"Going through a dry season doesn't make you less of a Christian. So if you are going through a dry season, you are STILL a Christian. It's not God's punishment to you. Every single Christian has gone through or is going to go through a dry season. But, you do have a choice of what you do with that dry season. Are you going to give up or keep seeking God?"

Amen to this ^^.. for a while i struggled w/ my feelings.. like if i were going through a dry season or didnt feel like praying id think... whats wrong with me ? but our relationship w/ Jesus Christ isnt based off fuzzy feelings..its a commitment :)

But im glad youre still in school and i cant wait for your ministry to explode... err if you dont mind me asking..what type/kind will it be?

"Going through a dry season doesn't make you less of a Christian. So if you are going through a dry season, you are STILL a Christian. It's not God's punishment to you. Every single Christian has gone through or is going to go through a dry season. But, you do have a choice of what you do with that dry season. Are you going to give up or keep seeking God?"

Amen to this ^^.. for a while i struggled w/ my feelings.. like if i were going through a dry season or didnt feel like praying id think... whats wrong with me ? but our relationship w/ Jesus Christ isnt based off fuzzy feelings..its a commitment :)

But im glad youre still in school and i cant wait for your ministry to explode... err if you dont mind me asking..what type/kind will it be?
Youth (teen) ministry, evangelist, women's ministry :)

Back