Good Advice for Internet Protection

In this instance, it's only the "A"s, which are deceptive because they were made using a Cyrillic keyboard, not a QWERTY one. The main thing is to be skeptical and vigilant, paying very close attention to detail, to protect yourself.
The Cyrillic script (/sɪˈrɪlɪk/ sih-RIL-ik), Slavonic script or the Slavic script, is a writing system used for various languages across Eurasia. It is the designated national script in various Slavic, Turkic, Mongolic, Uralic, Caucasian and Iranic-speaking countries in Southeastern Europe, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, North Asia, and East Asia, and used by many other minority languages. -Wiki

Interesting.
When I print my handwriting I tend to always write using 'a' and not the cyrillic one (I didn't even know that was cyrillic until now) though in schools its taught the other way, and I had to get used to writing it in cyrilic because some children confused my a's with d's.

But I have ALWAYS printed my 'a's because thats what it looks like on a typewriter and every font that you can find on a computer for lowecase 'a'
Interestingly, a qwerty keyboard won't show you lowercase letters, only caps. And for a lot of ESL learners they get totally confused why a keyboard is NOT arranged in alphabetical order.

Interesting.
When I print my handwriting I tend to always write using 'a' and not the cyrillic one (I didn't even know that was cyrillic until now) though in schools its taught the other way, and I had to get used to writing it in cyrilic because some children confused my a's with d's.

But I have ALWAYS printed my 'a's because thats what it looks like on a typewriter and every font that you can find on a computer for lowecase 'a'
Interestingly, a qwerty keyboard won't show you lowercase letters, only caps. And for a lot of ESL learners they get totally confused why a keyboard is NOT arranged in alphabetical order.
When typewriters were first introduced, the keys were in alphabetical order. A problem for users soon showed up in that typists soon developed typing speeds that jammed the key levers causing time consuming disentanglement processes before typing could resume. BTW: QWERTY keyboards have both upper and lower case characters. You just have to shift the keys.

I just meant they don't have lowercase letters printed on the keys, well not on my computer keyboard anyway. I don't know what Dad did with his typewriter. He did have one.

Always click the lock symbol on the URL and check the certificate that validates the site. If anything looks suspicious then bail. Also, if you suspect fraud, always call the number on the back of your card. Never use the number from an email or a text or a website. Those can all be spoofed. You might be phished into calling the scammer for help and then, well, you're out of luck 'cause he'll act friendly and steal all your legitimate information. Lastly, set up and use two-factor authentication. That means you'll receive a code to your cell phone when you attempt to login and will need to enter that code to finish the process.

It's a hassle but it's far easier than the other option.

I just meant they don't have lowercase letters printed on the keys, well not on my computer keyboard anyway. I don't know what Dad did with his typewriter. He did have one.
If I recall correctly, each arm would have both a capital and lowercase character, depending on whether you used the Shift key or not, which would determine the result.

Back