Good Bible Verse Good Video

"Those who give to the poor will lack nothing,
but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses." Proverbs 28:27

They give because they know what is like to lack.

Those whom do not lack have little mindset to give, unless they have come from lack at one time.

And even then, it is no sure thing. I have seen many that went without as a child and now hoard things vowing never to do without ever again. They then ask for everything back, because it is theirs.

What we as Christians must remind ourselves and teach others is, NONE of what we have is ours. God gives us the food, the water, the clothes and the money. It is HIS. Because we do not deserve any of it.

And because it was given to us, we should share it with our brothers and sisters. And NOT just Christian ones.

Share the gifts of God. Do not hoard them. If you do, you will pay for it.

Proverbs 19:17He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Matthew 25:40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1 Timothy 5:8But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

"Those who give to the poor will lack nothing,
but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses." Proverbs 28:27

Interesting... Did you guys know this was shot in India? And everyone should also know how things work in India! People get kidnapped and surgeries will be done in vans to remove kidneys. To sell them for money.. Having said that, I will put myself in that situation.. If I am with my family and if someone would approach me for food, I will certainly refrain from doing any help.. Taking care of my family is priority. If I am alone, I would not mind helping.. If the same where to happen in US, I would help even if I am with my family..

Interesting... Did you guys know this was shot in India? And everyone should also know how things work in India! People get kidnapped and surgeries will be done in vans to remove kidneys. To sell them for money.. Having said that, I will put myself in that situation.. If I am with my family and if someone would approach me for food, I will certainly refrain from doing any help.. Taking care of my family is priority. If I am alone, I would not mind helping.. If the same where to happen in US, I would help even if I am with my family..

Well, I am sure one can use discretion, leaning on Him for discernment as to whethor or not to help someone or not or at the very least, help in such a way that does not jeopardize you or anyone else for helping.

Like in that video, the guy asking for food was in a restaurant. Should be pretty safe to buy him some food and leave him at that. Don't go with him anywhere else or take him somewhere else; what would be the point of that when he is asking for food in a place where you can buy food for him to eat?

I am reluctant to give "money" to those that claim they are in need on the streets. It would be easier to just give the money and be satisfied with that, but I would not be really helping if he was an alcoholic or a drug addict that would just use that money for his vices. Plus, if no one else is around, pulling out the wallet on the streets is liable to tempt a desperate poor sinner to steal from you; not saying that they definitely will steal from you, but I am sure the temptation will be there so one can hope that the Good Shepherd in Whom we are to trust, will let us know how to give without giving the devil opportunities to bring evil about.

Well, I am sure one can use discretion, leaning on Him for discernment as to whethor or not to help someone or not or at the very least, help in such a way that does not jeopardize you or anyone else for helping.

Like in that video, the guy asking for food was in a restaurant. Should be pretty safe to buy him some food and leave him at that. Don't go with him anywhere else or take him somewhere else; what would be the point of that when he is asking for food in a place where you can buy food for him to eat?

I am reluctant to give "money" to those that claim they are in need on the streets. It would be easier to just give the money and be satisfied with that, but I would not be really helping if he was an alcoholic or a drug addict that would just use that money for his vices. Plus, if no one else is around, pulling out the wallet on the streets is liable to tempt a desperate poor sinner to steal from you; not saying that they definitely will steal from you, but I am sure the temptation will be there so one can hope that the Good Shepherd in Whom we are to trust, will let us know how to give without giving the devil opportunities to bring evil about.

I never give money. I ask what do they need then get that.

Never cash.

I never give money. I ask what do they need then get that.

Never cash.

That is prudent thing to do, but still, depending on the situation & the locale, I would be leary about going anywhere with somebody to get it. Like Ravindran said about India in an earlier post. May the Good Shepherd help us to trust Him to watch over us & guide us in all things.

Recently had a great and unforgettable encounter with someone who asked for money outside one of those drug stores that has everything. I told him, "No, but I will buy food for you." He told me what he wanted then changed his mind and asked for something else. I bought both choices for him and brought the bag out to him. He said, "Thank you," then I went back and made my purchases. When I was finally through, I came out, and there he was, waiting for me. He thanked me and said, "You did the right thing. If you'd given me money, I would have bought alcohol tonight. You bought food, so tonight, I got to eat."

I will always remember.

Reminds me of this video. Breaks my heart that people could just bluntly say "No" when he tells them hes hungry. How could someone be so selfish/cold hearted. Man I wish I people would come ask me for food and money.

Reminds me of this video. Breaks my heart that people could just bluntly say "No" when he tells them hes hungry. How could someone be so selfish/cold hearted. Man I wish I people would come ask me for food and money.

There is something to be said for appearances. In your video and the one in the OP, the person asking for something to eat was hardly looking like the beggar on the streets. Both were clean looking and well dressed as if wearing those clothes for only the day as opposing those actual beggars on the streets. So those with money are leary of conartists; people not really in need.

There are people who will get money off of people to avoid spending their own money that they want to spend on something else or they had spent it on something else and found themselves strapped at the time they had wanted to eat, but have gotten in the habit of depeding on other people as a safety net for their irresponsible spending spree in public.

There was this black guy whom was always poorly dressed walking in the mall that I had given money to before. One time, he was exitting the mall carrying two bags from shopping, stopping me and asking me for money for gas, claiming he was on empty. I told him that I would go with him to the gas station and buy it there. He got mad at me and left. So there are those kinds of people around, looking the bum, but freeloading off of other people.

But then you have the actual beggars in the street. They are given something without them asking and so when someone did ask, and yet hardly look like a beggar on the streets, one could say the beggars were in the spirit of thankfulness to share what was freely given to them, even if it was a little.

Mayhap, the story would be different when they show the person that have been asking beggars for food, to ask beggars for food that were not just recently given something to eat by charity. Some beggars may give and some beggars may not. Those that give, the filmers should reward them, but that is up to them. It would probably be more of an impact to "give" to those beggars that did not give as that would be Christlike from the filmers to do.

As in don't judge a book by its covers? As in that applies in both ways?

Yes the nice dressed person that begs for food may just do that so they would be more acceptable than a grungy, mangy beggar.

And on the opposite side the grungy beggar may be dressed that way to elicit your response even though he then goes behind a building and drives his car home with about 300 in cash that he duped people out of.

Looks are deceiving.

Yes the nice dressed person that begs for food may just do that so they would be more acceptable than a grungy, mangy beggar.

And on the opposite side the grungy beggar may be dressed that way to elicit your response even though he then goes behind a building and drives his car home with about 300 in cash that he duped people out of.

Looks are deceiving.

Which goes to point; when giving, never give cash; as it is, what you say is true, but readers should not be deter from giving any more from now on.

Hebrews 13:1Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

There is something to be said for appearances. In your video and the one in the OP, the person asking for something to eat was hardly looking like the beggar on the streets. Both were clean looking and well dressed as if wearing those clothes for only the day as opposing those actual beggars on the streets. So those with money are leary of conartists; people not really in need.

There are people who will get money off of people to avoid spending their own money that they want to spend on something else or they had spent it on something else and found themselves strapped at the time they had wanted to eat, but have gotten in the habit of depeding on other people as a safety net for their irresponsible spending spree in public.

There was this black guy whom was always poorly dressed walking in the mall that I had given money to before. One time, he was exitting the mall carrying two bags from shopping, stopping me and asking me for money for gas, claiming he was on empty. I told him that I would go with him to the gas station and buy it there. He got mad at me and left. So there are those kinds of people around, looking the bum, but freeloading off of other people.

But then you have the actual beggars in the street. They are given something without them asking and so when someone did ask, and yet hardly look like a beggar on the streets, one could say the beggars were in the spirit of thankfulness to share what was freely given to them, even if it was a little.

Mayhap, the story would be different when they show the person that have been asking beggars for food, to ask beggars for food that were not just recently given something to eat by charity. Some beggars may give and some beggars may not. Those that give, the filmers should reward them, but that is up to them. It would probably be more of an impact to "give" to those beggars that did not give as that would be Christlike from the filmers to do.
I hear you on that one. Even most homeless beggars use the money for cigs/beer..etc. But I'd rather give money to someone knowing there was a small chance they actually put it to good use than walk away and deny them. Most people use the whole "They're gonna buy drugs" excuse just because deep down they really dont wanna help.

Well, I must write, in order to be up front, that when I see a sign saying (as occasionally happens), "Not gonna lie -- I need a beer," I don't buy a beer or give money. However, I offer a bottle of cold water and food. I can't help but laugh with them re their humor, however!

This is a vast subject. After every catastrophe, tragedy, what-have-you, people set up websites for donations and only the web site owner pockets the money. Ads on TV asking you to donate for a worthy cause and 95% of the $$ never goes for the worthy cause. You really have to check. People give things to the Salvation Army, only to see it thrown out the next week. Several years ago, after my youngest brother had hit economic lows from a rich income (6 figures), he learned something new - how to be poor. And then he realized that God provides. He went trash picking and dumpster diving. And it is utterly unbelievable what people throw out. How he found out? One night, near Christmas, he was being evicted and his last light bulb went out. He cried to God, asking why He had left him this way. He decided to go for a walk. On his walk, he went by a store and on the sidewalk, being thrown away were 100's of light bulbs - all sizes, watts and the last one was still working when he passed. Anyways - he started to look for throwaways. And the best bonanza was Sunday night at the Salvation Army. So he collected computers and electronics and housewares being thrown out. And he would take this stuff home to his new apartment and refurbish what he could and give this away or sell it cheap and service (computers for free). People got wise following his example and people had started waiting to forage. He took me a couple of times, by that time I worried because the SA had police patrolling their garbage. I took mostly toys which I would bring home and clean and fix (if need be) and gave them to people to give to kids for x-mas.
Adjusting halo, most of my life, I don't think I was very giving altho I could afford it. I want to say I just didn't see it but now I do. I prefer to give direct - and merchandise really needed is a good idea, I have only given money out at supermarkets when I saw someone short or just looked like they needed it. But I do give a lot of things that I don't need anymore. That is something I too learned from being poor. And it's amazing to me the freebies they give out to the rich and ignore the poor.

Found these on the net.

http://beprepared.com/3600-calorie-mainstay-food-bar.html

Could be good to have on hand if you have homeless hungry people.

Feeds a person for three days.

Though better would be to get your local charities to help out. But barring that, these I think would be very good.

Not healthy mine you, but better than no food and no worry that they will take money for drugs or drink.
Wow i didn't know there was such a company. I like it

This is a vast subject. After every catastrophe, tragedy, what-have-you, people set up websites for donations and only the web site owner pockets the money. Ads on TV asking you to donate for a worthy cause and 95% of the $$ never goes for the worthy cause. You really have to check. People give things to the Salvation Army, only to see it thrown out the next week. Several years ago, after my youngest brother had hit economic lows from a rich income (6 figures), he learned something new - how to be poor. And then he realized that God provides. He went trash picking and dumpster diving. And it is utterly unbelievable what people throw out. How he found out? One night, near Christmas, he was being evicted and his last light bulb went out. He cried to God, asking why He had left him this way. He decided to go for a walk. On his walk, he went by a store and on the sidewalk, being thrown away were 100's of light bulbs - all sizes, watts and the last one was still working when he passed. Anyways - he started to look for throwaways. And the best bonanza was Sunday night at the Salvation Army. So he collected computers and electronics and housewares being thrown out. And he would take this stuff home to his new apartment and refurbish what he could and give this away or sell it cheap and service (computers for free). People got wise following his example and people had started waiting to forage. He took me a couple of times, by that time I worried because the SA had police patrolling their garbage. I took mostly toys which I would bring home and clean and fix (if need be) and gave them to people to give to kids for x-mas.
Adjusting halo, most of my life, I don't think I was very giving altho I could afford it. I want to say I just didn't see it but now I do. I prefer to give direct - and merchandise really needed is a good idea, I have only given money out at supermarkets when I saw someone short or just looked like they needed it. But I do give a lot of things that I don't need anymore. That is something I too learned from being poor. And it's amazing to me the freebies they give out to the rich and ignore the poor.

Google Freeganism.

You'd be amazed.

Back