Gospel of John

I started reading the book of John again. This time i purchased a study book so I can hopefully go deeper into the scriptures. John's portrayal of Christ is so easy to follow and beautiful. It's like you are literally right there with them. Since my trip to Israel reading the bible is a bit different. I remember some of the places and it's pretty neat to think that I was standing on that soil.

Maybe its such a descriptive book because John himself was highly favored? His writing certainly presents a more creative flair.
Im simply interjecting my own thoughts on how the apostle John's words make me feel about Christ. They bring a more emotional connection.

Yes, exactly. It is much warmer and you feel as though you are with them all. I love this book, it's almost as though it's alive. But the Word is alive, right... lol So I guess it is actually alive. haha

Did you bring home any souvenirs from your visit to Israel coffedrinker?

If I went there I would buy maybe a clay oil lamp or something made in Israel. Or olive seeds from the trees in the garden.

If I went there I would buy maybe a clay oil lamp or something made in Israel. Or olive seeds from the trees in the garden.
i have a small clay oil lamp. i cannot remember where i picked it up, but i have that. I also purchased several bibles made out of Olive Wood, anointing oils, big salad tossing spoons made of olive wood, several olive wood carvings, necklaces, rings, earrings, hand made silk zipper pouches, 1 tote bag, a lot of face products made from the elements in the dead sea (love that stuff), beautiful scarves handmade... I think thats about it. I brought gifts back for several people. I also purchased my coworkers little hand crafted crosses made from olive wood. They are adorable. My boss keeps his on his desk in the office. I wish I would have bought more. lol

i also bought stones picked out of the sea of Galilea and then made into necklaces.

I started reading the book of John again. This time i purchased a study book so I can hopefully go deeper into the scriptures. John's portrayal of Christ is so easy to follow and beautiful. It's like you are literally right there with them. Since my trip to Israel reading the bible is a bit different. I remember some of the places and it's pretty neat to think that I was standing on that soil.
John is the most powerful and spiritual scripture of the entire bible. I love the book of John myself.

Back