Got a job I'm not sure is for me...

Hi guys,

Suppose I got a job I absolutely did not want. I went for the interview because they had called me and I figured there wouldn't be any harm in going. I am fresh out of graduate school and I have been praying for the perfect job for me for a long time. When they called me for the interview I felt anxious,the day of the interview I felt anxious and even after the interview I felt anxious. I felt no peace.

This teaching job is for four months (I did not attend school to be a teacher but the subject area they want me to teach is what I studied in school). But I keep thinking suppose something better comes up while I'm at this job, what would I do? I can't just leave. So I feel very confused about it.

So then I decided i'd say no and not accept the job if they called. I just felt so unsettled about it. I was at peace with that decision. But then now i'm thinking...that maybe it's a stepping stone to something better,it could also be good experience.How do I know if God has opened this door or not?

Hi guys,

Suppose I got a job I absolutely did not want. I went for the interview because they had called me and I figured there wouldn't be any harm in going. I am fresh out of graduate school and I have been praying for the perfect job for me for a long time. When they called me for the interview I felt anxious,the day of the interview I felt anxious and even after the interview I felt anxious. I felt no peace.

This teaching job is for four months (I did not attend school to be a teacher but the subject area they want me to teach is what I studied in school). But I keep thinking suppose something better comes up while I'm at this job, what would I do? I can't just leave. So I feel very confused about it.

So then I decided i'd say no and not accept the job if they called. I just felt so unsettled about it. I was at peace with that decision. But then now i'm thinking...that maybe it's a stepping stone to something better,it could also be good experience.How do I know if God has opened this door or not?
Phoenix,
Now none of us can really say if you were to take this job or not for that is between you and God. Now then you say you prayed and saught the Lord about it. You said you had peace about not taking this paticualr job. So stand on it.

A part of getting an answer from our Lord is being able to except it and stand firm believing the answer that was given. This is how faith works in His word in our lives. There is no room for second guessing once you know Gods answer.

Now then here is the flip side to this..........we have an enemy and he is the devil. Now if you think he is going to step back and let you enjoy your peace and choice with out any interfearence on his part then............you might be living under a rock some place. lol.

Stand your ground...........
Yes mam sometimes God does send us some place as stepping stone or to do something there for Him.........However God is Not the author of confusion -satan is.......
God gave you peace............then stand firm and dont second guess
If Phoenix gave herself peace simply because she did not want the job - then seek God for further instruction.............. ;)
God Bless
Jim

Phoenix,
Now none of us can really say if you were to take this job or not for that is between you and God. Now then you say you prayed and saught the Lord about it. You said you had peace about not taking this paticualr job. So stand on it.

A part of getting an answer from our Lord is being able to except it and stand firm believing the answer that was given. This is how faith works in His word in our lives. There is no room for second guessing once you know Gods answer.

Now then here is the flip side to this..........we have an enemy and he is the devil. Now if you think he is going to step back and let you enjoy your peace and choice with out any interfearence on his part then............you might be living under a rock some place. lol.

Stand your ground...........
Yes mam sometimes God does send us some place as stepping stone or to do something there for Him.........However God is Not the author of confusion -satan is.......
God gave you peace............then stand firm and dont second guess
If Phoenix gave herself peace simply because she did not want the job - then seek God for further instruction.............. ;)
God Bless
Jim

Thank you Jim!
I initially was going to to turn it down and I went on in peace and continued my life still searching for another job. Then all of a sudden..Bam! All this confusion and anxiety hits out of nowhere.

Thank you Jim!
I initially was going to to turn it down and I went on in peace and continued my life still searching for another job. Then all of a sudden..Bam! All this confusion and anxiety hits out of nowhere.
Phoenix Hi,
Take these two scriptures and dwell in them. Speak them to your self and this situation. Take them to prayer over this situation.
1 corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

And then base your out out come on James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Keep reading the next few scriptures in James because believing and seeing that you have the answer is KEY . Dont doubt or fear but only believe. Like Jesus said to Jairus........Stop ther Fear and Only Believe........
God Bless and praying for you in this
Jim

Thank very much @Fish Catcher Jim ! I did what you said and i've decided to take the job if it is offered. I want to go back to school January and so I prayed and I asked God to show me a way to pay for it. Maybe this is it? I think my fear of actually teaching is freaking me out. We were horrible to our teachers :LOL: . I feel more at peace taking it, than not taking it. So im going to take it and save the money and try and go back to school in January :)

Thank very much @Fish Catcher Jim ! I did what you said and i've decided to take the job if it is offered. I want to go back to school January and so I prayed and I asked God to show me a way to pay for it. Maybe this is it? I think my fear of actually teaching is freaking me out. We were horrible to our teachers :LOL: . I feel more at peace taking it, than not taking it. So im going to take it and save the money and try and go back to school in January :)
Praise God Phoenix,
That is awesome news and I truly believe you will be one of the best teachers around.
I am so very proud of you for handling this in the manner that you did. Awesome Job!!
God Bless
jim

I think one thing to remember is that you are a believer and connected to God. God can use you to spark an interest and to capture thier attentions in such a way that they truly enjoy your class and are learning a lot. Sometimes kids just need a teacher who really enjoys what they are teaching to encourage them to grow in all areas. Besides you have lots of prayer support :)

Back