Got Mustard seed faith?

WordOFaith

Inactive
Got Mustard seed faith?

Got Mustard Seed Faith?
By: WordOFaith

While at a bible study comprised of different denominations, I noticed a man walk in with what appeared to be a glass pendant around his neck. The pendant was kinda large, and being curious, I walked over to the man and asked him about it. With a smile, he held up his large pendant necklace and showed me up close. Inside the middle of this Glass pendant was a small speck. The man went on to explain that, that small speck was a Mustard seed, and he wears the pendant to remind him, that He only needs that Mustard Seed faith to get his prayers Answered. Being a Word of Faith person, and not into symbols of anything, I just sort of nodded telling the man, that it was nice, and walked away. I forgot about that Glass pendant with a Mustard seed the rest of the night.

The Next day however, the silly large glass pendant was on my mind. I don't know why, it just was. Just a grain of a mustard seed faith, and prayers get answered. Of course I had heard that before, even preached in services and preached on TV. It sounded good to me and was encouraging, but something about it did not sit right with me. I could not explain why? but something was not right, or missing to this Mustard seed faith. So, as always when not settled on something, I grabbed my concordance and started looking for Mustard seeds.

Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Now, this was a response from Jesus to answer the question of how to walk in love toward someone and forgive them, even though they continue to be a butt toward you. (Luke 17:3-4) Jesus told them that they had to forgive, and they figured that was going to take faith to forgive someone, that kept coming back and acted like a Jerk. So, they asked the Lord to "Increase Our Faith"

The Response the Lord gave for Increasing their faith was sort of strange. Jesus said if you had faith as a grain of Mustard seed, then you can talk to a tree and convince it to pluck itself up by it's roots and dive into the ocean. Jesus did not apparently tell them how to "Increase Their Faith"

Or did He???

How to study the Word of God.

The Word of God is spiritual, and never contradicts. To unlock the things of God from His Word, your going to need the help of the Holy Ghost, and your going to have to compare scripture with scripture. Line upon Line, and find some here a little and there a little. You need to compare "Like" things with "Like" things. (1 Cor 2:23, Isa 28:10, Hose 12:10) When you find something that contradicts, then it's not the Word, it's you not having the full picture yet.

For example, many teach that God tested job, because of a Challenge from the Devil. Reading the book of Job by itself would lead one to believe this. However, comparing other scriptures, we have no support for God sending a cold blooded murder to kill someones Children, who served God. In fact just the opposite is true. Not only that, but God can not be tempted with Evil. To add to this, God said this is without cause, meaning there was no deal with Satan in the first place. (Job 2:3) Examples like Job, is where we have to compare scripture's, with the Help of the Holy Ghost until all come in perfect harmony. Once everything lines up, we have our answer.

Back to our Mustard Seed.

Did Jesus answer the question on "How to Increase Our Faith" ??????
The fact is, Jesus did answer the question, and the answer can be found in the Parable about the Kingdom of God.

Mar 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Mar 4:13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

The Kingdom of God Parable is the Master Parable, it is the Key that unlocks all Parables, and it starts with Sowing something, That something is the Word of God.

Mar 4:14 The sower soweth the word.

I will not cover the Parable, but the rest of Mark Chapter 4 is about Sowing the Word in your Heart/spirit and the Word producing something. Jesus also lists a number of things that can prevent the Word from Producing.

1) your seed stolen by Satan. The word from your heart.
2) You receive the Word, but persecution from the Enemy causes you to let go, and you become offended. (I guess God does not love me, and the word is not working, because this situation is just getting worse.)
3) getting wrapped up in the cares of the World, and soon the Word is not first. Choking the Word.
4) Word produce what it said it will produce. 30, 60, and 100 fold. This is according to the measure you gave, 30 measure, 60 Measure or 100 percent Measure. (Mark 4:24)

What does this have to do with Mustard seed faith?? It has everything to do with Mustard Seed Faith. First of all, I have never seen a "Little" faith being able to pluck a tree up by it's roots and hurl itself into the sea. A little faith is not going to accomplish that. In fact, Jesus is not even happy with just a little faith. (Matt 6:30, Matt 8:26, Matt 16:8, Luke 12:28, Luke 19:17)

No, Jesus was telling them how to Increase their faith, Mustard seed faith is not going to do anything. However, a Mustard seed fully grown into a Mustard Plant will move a tree into the Ocean, it will even move mountains. Not only that, A Fully Grown Mustard Plant can set you free of any circumstances.

Lets keep Reading the Parable of the Kingdom of God, that Starts with Sowing the Word.
Mar 4:30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
Mar 4:32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

Jesus was telling the Disciples that Your ability to move that Tree, starts with Sowing the Word, and protecting that Word in your heart, Until it Grows and Produces the Thing you need. It's starts by planting that Seed of faith, the Word of God.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So, many Christians are waiting for God to Heal them. Waiting for God to do this, and do that. I see it in the post on these forums, and I hear it. Let me tell you something. GOD'S ALREADY DONE IT!!!! Stop waiting!!!!
Find in the Word that coincides with What you need and Plant that Mustard seed faith. Meditate on it, go after it, Keep that Word constantly in front of you. What you need is already given to you in the Word.
If you have been diabetic for years, or sick for years, or broke for years, then things are not going to happen for you in most cases overnight. It's going to take time, and full focus on the Word to replace your routine of having to take insulin for diabetes. It will take time to remove poverty thinking and replace it with the Word of God. However, if you keep that word in front of you, it will grow on the inside of you to a point where there can be no more room for sickness, poverty, or even a broken Home. The Word will produce what it said it will produce, but you have to plant that mustard seed, and give it your full measure.

The main thing is, don't give up!!! The Word can never fail, but if you don't plant the seed, your not getting the victory. The Kingdom of God is here and now. It is the operation of God, and there is healing, wealth, sound mind, complete family's in the Kingdom of God. You know the Kingdom of God is operating when broken things, and destroyed things in your life, start becoming fixed.

Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him

God has already done everything He is going to do, He already sent his word and Healed us, He has already given us all things that could pertain to our life. We obtain this though the knowledge of His word. Victory is yours. Plant the seed and starting declaring what God said, and stop declaring what your circumstances say. Not one thing God said can ever fail, He is not a liar.....

Be Blessed.

Yup .... Good Word and I have to run but my comment also would be that this tiny mustard seed that is not even the size of tip of your little finger when planted grows into a huge tree . It is amazing just from that little seed . so as our faith is like a tiny mustard seed as we stand upon God's promises that are yay and amen our faith begins to grow just like that tiny mustard seed

A side track ...... this morning I had the most severe headache and dizziness and I knew it was satan trying to prevent me from going on this prayer walk in the gay community so as I prayed rebuking satan a friend called just after my prayer and she asked ... How are you ? I hesitated and then said, Praise God I am fine and then told her what happened and since then ..... no headache , no dizziness .... Praise God , He is my healer .

And now I got to go . Blessings

I am embarrassed to say, I never seen a fully grown mustard plant (Tree?) I know Jesus said it was large enough so that the birds can take shelter under it's shadow, so I just assumed it got large enough for that.

Satan can not operate, until we give him permission. He can form the weapon, but without our authority, he is powerless to operate that weapon against us. He has no ability, he has no power. I am sure he tried to stop you with symptoms, and when you got to rebuking him, he had to come up with something else to get your agreement. So, he prompts your friends to ask how you are. This gives you the opportunity to agree with the enemy that your not well. However, you did not choose to sign his agreement of headache and dizziness, Even though Satan had taken the time to draw up an agreement, and allow you to sample the symptoms.
We are told to resist the devil STEADFAST in FAITH!!! Faith comes from the Word of God. Some just won't take the time to build themselves up in the Word long enough, and keep their mouth shut long enough, for the Word to produce anything. Then they write a book, "When horrible things happen to good christian folk."

The book is already written, and it says Victory all the way through............

Be Blessed.

Some just won't take the time to build themselves up in the Word long enough, and keep their mouth shut long enough, for the Word to produce anything. Then they write a book, "When horrible things happen to good christian folk."

Our biggest problem is right below our nose! :D

Good preaching

Let's see if this picture will show of a mustard tree .

mustard-tree_mist.jpg

Satan can not operate, until we give him permission. He can form the weapon, but without our authority, he is powerless to operate that weapon against us. He has no ability, he has no power. I am sure he tried to stop you with symptoms, and when you got to rebuking him, he had to come up with something else to get your agreement. So, he prompts your friends to ask how you are. This gives you the opportunity to agree with the enemy that your not well. However, you did not choose to sign his agreement of headache and dizziness, Even though Satan had taken the time to draw up an agreement, and allow you to sample the symptoms.
We are told to resist the devil STEADFAST in FAITH!!! Faith comes from the Word of God. Some just won't take the time to build themselves up in the Word long enough, and keep their mouth shut long enough, for the Word to produce anything. Then they write a book, "When horrible things happen to good christian folk."

This is so true but was really surprised just after I finished praying and rebuking satan that my friend would call and ask how I was . She had no idea and when I answered with hestiation she asked what was going on and when I told her she also was blessed and I also learned a valuable lesson that I could have siad .... Oh I have this terrible headache and dizziness but when I said " I am fine satan had to flee . He has already been defeated and praise God our walk went well and we prayed in many areas and even in a coffee shop full of gay men . I am so happy that I went and there is such a need . I won't tell you about all the sights but really it did not bother me . I knew that if Jesus were here today thaat's exactly where He would be . These people are poor lost souls and we have the message .

If you go to my profile you can see some of the pictures .... But we went to Jerusalem , Nazareth , Dead sea , River jordan , Golan hights , Massada , sea of Galilee , to the Mediteranean Sea , To the caves where the dead sea scroals were found ... to the place where the Battle of Armagedon will be staged and many many other places and sights of ruins . We went to a Holocost Musium . It would me a while to tell .

http://www.christianforumsite.com/members/1167-albums39.html

GodSpeaks

Our biggest problem is right below our nose!

Though many write articles and make fun of the "Blab it and grab it" Or "Name it and claim" Doctrine. It's not a Doctrine, it's spiritual Law. They also have to be careful of who they write articles about and make fun of, Because Jesus is the one that said. "........He shall have Whatsoever he saith....."

Sadly, this is not a promise of God. It is Spiritual Law!!! your Mouth can kill you, and keep your broke, or set you free. The Lord Told us we have a choice, Life or death, Blessing or Cursing. We can choose which one we want, and our tongue will steer the course into the land of death or the land of life.

Jas 3:4 Or think of a ship: big as it is and driven by such strong winds, it can be steered by a very small rudder, and it goes wherever the pilot wants it to go. GNB

Oh, Dusty............ If that is a mustard tree........ Faith can move real Mountains.......... Just to think, it started with the smallest of all herb seeds. The Word of God, and it can be like that picture????? Thank you for posting that..........

God bless both of you.........though you girls tried to hijack my thread......lol :)

Since I was quoting YOU, about our mouth and what we say I'd say that was on topic :)

WordOFaith said:
Some just won't take the time to build themselves up in the Word long enough, and keep their mouth shut long enough, for the Word to produce anything. Then they write a book, "When horrible things happen to good christian folk."

Our biggest problem is right below our nose! :D

Good preaching

God bless both of you.........though you girls tried to hijack my thread......lol :)

OOps .... but it was a nice hyjack .... he he .... Dugh !!!!!..... it won't happen again chief .... LOL .... you know us gabby women .... LOL.... Well I am speaking for me anyways ... don't want to drag GodSpeaks into it .

Perhaps I don't understand correctly.

What I'm hearing is that if you find a passage in Scripture that corresponds to something you want, then by really believing on it God has to give it to you.

What about God's will? What if what we want isn't something God wants to give us?
Though many write articles and make fun of the "Blab it and grab it" Or "Name it and claim" Doctrine. It's not a Doctrine, it's spiritual Law. They also have to be careful of who they write articles about and make fun of, Because Jesus is the one that said. "........He shall have Whatsoever he saith....."

Sadly, this is not a promise of God. It is Spiritual Law!!! your Mouth can kill you, and keep your broke, or set you free. The Lord Told us we have a choice, Life or death, Blessing or Cursing. We can choose which one we want, and our tongue will steer the course into the land of death or the land of life.

Jas 3:4 Or think of a ship: big as it is and driven by such strong winds, it can be steered by a very small rudder, and it goes wherever the pilot wants it to go. GNB

Israel received a King that was not God's Will.

What you talking about is the Sovereign of God Doctrine. God does what he wants when he wants. So, even though we find Scriptures like God gives us the desires of our heart, or the many examples of Jesus Healing someone (Jesus the same today, yesterday and forever and is not a respecter of persons.) There could be a possibility that God does not want to heal us, even though we have been redeemed from the curse of the law (Deut 28 list what the curse brought for disobedience and sickness and all form of it is listed as a curse.) There is still a chance that God does not what "US" healed, though we know He could if He wanted to.

This is a broke doctrine. All scripture is given to us for reproof and Doctrine. ALL OF THEM. God is Sovereign because he made the right choice for everyone in the first place. He is sovereign because he keeps his word. God is not a outlaw. He sent his Word and Healed us, Healing is here and now, it is wrapped up in the operation of the Kingdom of God.

We are also commanded to know the Will of God.

Eph 5:17 Therefore do not be vague and thoughtless and foolish, but understanding and firmly grasping what the will of the Lord is.

Praying something that is not his will for us to have, is pointless anyway. His Word is His will, He does not change. He does not play favorites. What He done for one, He will do for another.
If we pray according to his Will, he hears us, and we have what we asked. That is scripture. So, there never should be a situation where we pray for something that is not God's will, and we will not get it. That is scripture.

So the Question you asked HisManySongs should never even be in the equation. He performs His word with signs following, His Word does not return void. There are so many levels to this.

Jesus Healed ALL that were sick and oppressed of the devil. ALL........... To say it's not God's will for you to be healed would say Jesus Has changed somehow. Somehow you were not redeemed from the curse of the law.

Peter grabbed the man at Gate beautiful and the man was healed. Peter said it was because of faith in the Name of Jesus. To say it's not God's will to heal you, would be saying faith in the name of Jesus no longer works. His name no longer carries authority.

1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Same with prosperity...... Give and it shall be given......Multiply seed sown, power to get wealth to establish covenant. This does not change from person to person.

Ya, but God is God, and God can do what he wants............................. This is just mans thinking, This is how man would be if they were god. God, is a God of integrity. God is a God of honor. God is the Word. If you see it in scripture by example, or God just tells you. Then you better believe it. God's Word is eternal, and it will never change for anyone..............

To say it's not God's will to bless me, to say it may not be Gods will to heal me, To say it's not God's will to give me the desires of my heart, and eat the good of the land.

Is to say, I am above God, and his Word. I am so special, that His word does not apply to me.........

Be Blessed.

I agree it's pointless.
And you know not everyone prays according to His will. But what I'm hearing from you is that all anyone needs to do is claim a Scripture and believe and God will hear our prayer. Period.
Praying something that is not his will for us to have, is pointless anyway. His Word is His will, He does not change. He does not play favorites. What He done for one, He will do for another.
If we pray according to his Will, he hears us, and we have what we asked. That is scripture. So, there never should be a situation where we pray for something that is not God's will, and we will not get it. That is scripture.
Find in the Word that coincides with What you need and Plant that Mustard seed faith. Meditate on it, go after it, Keep that Word constantly in front of you. What you need is already given to you in the Word.
God's will is for what's best for us. Unless we are in perfect agreement with God, the desires of our heart may not be what he wills for us.
To say it's not God's will to bless me, to say it may not be Gods will to heal me, To say it's not God's will to give me the desires of my heart, and eat the good of the land.

Is to say, I am above God, and his Word. I am so special, that His word does not apply to me.........

HisManySongs said:
What I'm hearing is that if you find a passage in Scripture that corresponds to something you want, then by really believing on it God has to give it to you.

Hello HisManySongs

I don't know if he would agree with me, but this is how I believe it about that.

Just as a good father would say he will do something for his children, he will keep his promise. So if God who is even greater, promises us something, then He wants us to have it and He will bring it to pass if we believe and not doubt.

1 John 5:14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

The only way to know His will is to see what it says in the Bible on that particular situation

John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

There are conditions. If we abide in Him and His Word abides in us then we will want what He wants and won't be asking for crazy ungodly things.

God's Will..................

God's will is for what's best for us. Unless we are in perfect agreement with God, the desires of our heart may not be what he wills for us.
HisManySongs: You see, I told you. We can not be ignorant of God's will. Yet, you bring this up again. In my "Got Mustard Seed faith" Article. I covered three things over and over. Health, wealth, General things that make a person able to function and serve God.

Things like God give me a church, and God give me a Houseboat are nice things, but my main focus was getting Victory when your hurting, confused, sick, In need of things. There are so many scriptures that say the promises are YES!!! It is never the Will of God we Lack or fall behind in any good thing. Never.

We all have a plan and will of God to do in our life. Certain things may take us out of that plan if we get them. If I am suppose to be preaching in Antarctica, then a mansion on the Beach in Florida would not be in the Will of God. Yet, I would already know this.

Once again, if I see it as an example in the Word that God did it for someone, then I know how God thinks about that situation. I can put him in remembrance of it. That is why I have his Word.

HisManySongs:

I can not change a strong doctrine that you have. Millions believe just like this, and ask the same Question. Even though we see it in the Word, It may not be the Will of God for you. To those people, God's Will, Character, and Nature extend past what is Written. To demand of God to perform what is Written in the Word, is to put God in a Box, and it's not respectful and foolish to do so. There are so many, many levels of why this is Wrong thinking. At this point, we have no confidence an anything God said in his Word.

How would I know that even though I made Jesus Lord, and served to the best of my ability, that I would still have eternal life? It just may be that God decides that it's not for me.

How do I really know God does not want me to steal? After all, he might just make a exception for me.

How do I really know that I can't sleep with the Neighbors wife. God may just choose for me to have fun.

Now of course, people that think God does what he wants, when he wants would never agree that it's OK to commit adultery or steal. However, the same word that says Thou shalt not steal is also the same word that says by his stripes I am healed.

The same people that say it might be Gods will for me to be sick, are the same ones that go to the hospital when they are sick. They don't even Ask God if it's OK to get well. In other words, they don't even believe what they are Preaching.

GodSpeaks says it better than I did............ I did not mean to walk on her post.......

GodSpeaks
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HisManySongs

Hello HisManySongs

I don't know if he would agree with me, but this is how I believe it about that.

Just as a good father would say he will do something for his children, he will keep his promise. So if God who is even greater, promises us something, then He wants us to have it and He will bring it to pass if we believe and not doubt.

1 John 5:14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

The only way to know His will is to see what it says in the Bible on that particular situation

John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

There are conditions. If we abide in Him and His Word abides in us then we will want what He wants and won't be asking for crazy ungodly things.

Good Point . John 15:7... If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. J John 15:4

God is promising us that He is our ever constant friend ,companion , father when we remain in Him

2 John 1:2

2because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever

Good Point . John 15:11... If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Dusty
That is the verse I mentioned but maybe you just mistyped the reference, it John 15:7.
John 15:11 is

John 15:11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

(Just in case someone looks up that reference, its not the same )

Back