Grace - Mercy - Love - Forgiveness

FCJ: I think Lanolin was stuck on this from the OP. Scripture doesn't use those exact words but grace is defined as unmeritted favor using other words.
Actually the Amplified and other versions do.

Amp
7 Yet grace (God’s unmerited favor) was given to each of us individually [not indiscriminately, but in different ways] in proportion to the measure of Christ’s [rich and bounteous] gift.

Hi Lanolin.
When the Lord gives us grace He is being gracious towards us. Meaning He is kind and gives us grace. In other words we are let off even though we don't deserve to be.
If you slapped me across the face for no reason I might be upset with you. The next time I see you I might walk up to you and smile saying "How are you my friend?" You could answer "That was very gracious of you." I have given you grace. Why? Because I love my friends.
Have you heard of a court hearing when the defendant was found guilty but the judge gave him "grace" he didn't receive the punishment he really deserved.
It might help you to look the word 'gracious" up. KJV uses it 34 times. You will see it is often used either words compassion and mercy
It is a kindness that isn't deserved.
Hope it helps some.

Ok I understand a bit better now,I dont read the AMP bible as dont have a copy, I suppose they just try to put in in different words. i just understand grace as a gift from God.

A gift is given not necessarily because someone earned it, i.e a gift is not an award. A gift is a gift!

Back