Grace

In Pursuit author and evangelist Luis Palau writes:

Thank God His grace isn't "fair." A couple of years ago, one of my nephews (I'll call him Kenneth) was near death. He had AIDS. During a family reunion in the hills of Northern California, Kenneth and I broke away for a short walk. He was a hollow shell, laboring for breath.
"Kenneth, you know you're going to die any day," I said. "Do you have eternal life? Your parents agonize. i must know."
"Luis, I know God has forgiven me and I'm going to heaven."
For several years, since his early teens, Kenneth had practiced a promiscuous lifestyle. More than that, in rebellion against God and his parents, he flaunted his lifestyle.
"Kenneth, how can you say that?" I replied. "You rebelled against God, you made fun of the Bible, you hurt your family terribly. And now you say you've got eternal life, just like that?"
"Luis, when the doctor said I had AIDS, I realized what a fool I'd been."
"We know that," I said bluntly, but deliberately, because Kenneth knew full well that the Bible teaches that promiscious behavior is sin.
"But did you really repent?"
"I did repent, and I know God has had mercy on me. But my dad won't believe me."
"You've rebelled in his face all your life," I said. "You've broken his heart."
Kenneth looked me straight in the eye. "I know the Lord has forgiven me."
"Did you open your heart to Jesus?"
"Yes. Luis! Yes!"

As we put our arms around each other and prayed and talked some more, I became convinced that Jesus had forgiven all of Kenneth's rebellion and washed away all his sin. Several short months later, he went to be with the Lord at age twenty-five.
My nephew, like the repentant thief on the cross, did not deserve God's grace. I don't either. None of us do. That's why grace is grace----unmerited favor... or to put it another way... God's overwhelming desire to treat us as if sin never happened.

God bless you all with His abundant grace and peace and grant anyone and everyone the gift of repentance. If you know of anyone who is living a lifestyle of sin... ask God and then thank God for granting that person the gift of repentance according to:

2Ti 2:22 — 2Ti 2:26
Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.

Blessings

Back