Greek Words - Faith

Hello you and welcome.

Text from Romans 1:16-17; and looking at the two Greek words, that are involving the word - Faith.

3982: peitho
To persuade; a verb to convince, to rely, to pacify - agree, assure, believe, trust

4102 : pistis
From the pervious word persuasion - in the truthfulness of God, especially reliance upon Christ for Salvation

the truthfulness of God, especially reliance upon Christ for Salvation
persuade; a verb to convince, to rely, to pacify - agree, assure, believe, trust
This is the word summary of faith; well said.
I am going to throw in and assemble the definition as a personal statement.

I am persuaded, that I am convinced, that I am reliant; that I am pacified;
that I agree with God. I am assured by Him. I believe and trust in Him for everything.
All of this is established in and of the truth of His Word.

I believe that studying the original languages can give greater clarity to God's word. Though it can be misused. Context and grammar also play an important part that works hand in hand with word study. Without these it is possible to misunderstand scriptures.

Just my two cents, perhaps 1 cent opinion. :D

cp

I believe that studying the original languages can give greater clarity to God's word. Though it can be misused. Context and grammar also play an important part that works hand in hand with word study. Without these it is possible to misunderstand scriptures.

Just my two cents, perhaps 1 cent opinion. :D

cp
I would say that is a good $10 opinion. Word studies can establish a greater understanding or a cult. Got to be careful.

Hello MatthewG;

There is always something to be learned in fellowship. Please share more why you posted Greek Words - Faith?

Please elaborate in "your own words with no right or wrong," the Greek for convince, persuade that intertwine with faith.

I personally prefer the Greek koinonia for share such as fellowship.

God bless you, brother and thank you for sharing.

This is the word summary of faith; well said.
I am going to throw in and assemble the definition as a personal statement.

I am persuaded, that I am convinced, that I am reliant; that I am pacified;
that I agree with God. I am assured by Him. I believe and trust in Him for everything.
All of this is established in and of the truth of His Word.

Yes faith to faith or trust to trust .His power working in us, with us, not of us .

I would add not only look to the foundation of the word but also if moved by the spirit of faith as it is written make it a goal how to do what the Bible says to “mix faith” a necessity for entering his rest yoked with him. Those who did not mix faith in what they heard or seen do not enter His gospel rest.

Yes faith to faith or trust to trust .His power working in us, with us, not of us .

I would add not only look to the foundation of the word but also if moved by the spirit of faith as it is written make it a goal how to do what the Bible says to “mix faith” a necessity for entering his rest yoked with him. Those who did not mix faith in what they heard or seen do not enter His gospel rest.
Amen, Garee.

Because of the desire for people to learn. Was very fascinating to learn. So basically all people are persuaded into believing and trusting God. Everything you listen to from Jesus is in a sense God is wooing us towards himself. Once you trust in what he has to offer you experience the holy spirt once you are born again. My teacher of five years helped me a lot in my faith (persuading) to place trust /confidence God and his promises.

Romans 10:17? God is the giver of faith, we just choose to believe that or not. He give the holy spirt, eternal life, spiritual rebirth, new spiritual walking with the spirit of Christ in us, we will be resurrected, we will enter the kingdom of God, become children of God , sons and daughters of God, we have our sins forgiven.... what else could said about the Gospel of Christ? We have prayer and relationship.

When joining this site my main intention is to teach. The truth about God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Not here here to entertain anyone. We can love and pray for each other though I’m here in regard to share truth.

Be persuaded by God and his promises and believe in Him.

Last edited:
Thankfully most seem to come to learn, share and otherwise fellowship here in Christ. I've found this to be a warm and inviting place where we can share. As teachers we can often learn from those that we teach at least that has been my experience when teaching.

In all things I like to practice faith and love. How we teach and listen can show love and faith as well.

cp

Agreed Cperkins. Someone told me yesterday a man who believed in God told the person speaking to me this “All we are really doing is renting this vessel until we pass away”.

Found that to be awe inspiring because it is true. Our life is but a vapor, like a cigarette burning down slowly until the last exhalation of breathe. Faith and love is truly what it is about, most certainly.

Thank you for sharing and everyone else to, sometimes we can still get hung up in our flesh though sometimes, and the main times when condemnation comes are those times it seems failing to love God, and failing to love others.

Back