Greetings & Blessings from a Christian Catholic Sister

Greetings & Blessings from a Christian Catholic Sister

Hello to all the members of this community,
My name is Tatiana, but my friends call me Tanya or Tati for short. I'm 24 years old and live out in New Jersey. I'm currently a science teacher at a wonderful private school and it's been such a blessing in my life to follow my dreams, get a great education, and work with children every day.

I grew up in a Russian Orthodox family and so was baptized and confirmed as a baby. I truly dedicated myself to Christ on April 7, 1997 and worshiped with other Born Again Evangelicals. My Mom fully supported me-- she was happy that I was a Christian, but my Dad (who's only sorta a believer sometimes--- its strange) was upset that I decided to not consider myself a part of the church my whole family basically belonged to. But I missed my traditional roots, how church services went, and some other important religious things and started learning more about Catholicism. In 2005, I "converted" to being a Catholic and have been happy to be a part of that particular church.

I've been working with online ministries since 2001, where I started as a prayer warrrior and handling the prayer requests. Later on I moved to a different Christian site and helped out in various areas, such as Recovery, Chatter/Games area, and finally the Christian teen area for a number of years. This past summer I finally took a break (it was also my first year of teaching so I had no energy) and decided to look for new places to call home. This place seemed to have a lively bunch and I've been enjoying reading through the threads.

If any of you have any questions that you'd like me to answer, please post them in here. I look forward to meeting each of you

:jesus-cross:

Your Sister in Christ,
Tati

1616707b17pgkzlmt.gif

Back