Greetings From Ktn4eg

I'll probably do more looking than posting here.

I grew up near Philadelphia PA. The church my family attended was pretty much a liberal-oriented congregation -- keep the ten commandments & the golden rule; don't kill anybody or rob a bank. If you do all of this you might make it to heaven (if there is such a place). Jesus was a good teacher and humanitarian, but certainly not THE ONLY way to heaven. The OT stories were good character builders, but not much else.

If I ever thought about eternity (which was very seldom), I had some sort of vague idea of what it might involve.

Through a series of events and meeting various people, I eventually began to have a little clearer idea of what might face me in the next life. BUT it wasn't until April, 1966, that I was clearly shown that THE ONLY WAY I had any chance of securing an eternity in heaven was to, by grace through faith, ask Jesus Christ to redeem me and receive Him as my own personal Savior.

This I did & immediately I sensed my burdens of sin (which before that I didn't even know I had) was lifted.

I'd love to say that ever since that Saturday evening in April, 1966, I've continually & consistently followed the Holy Spirit's leadership in my life; but, alas, that would be an utter and complete falsehood. But I thank God that, during the many times I went astray, the LORD ALWAYS remained faithful to me.

I suppose that's why my "life passage" has been that of Lamentations 3:21-25 -- "This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him."

Nice post ktn4eg. I'm glad you found Jesus. Please don't hesitate asking us any questions u mite have. we r here 2 help and learn together. Welcome to CFS :) God Bless you sir.

Nice post ktn4eg. I'm glad you found Jesus. Please don't hesitate asking us any questions u mite have. we r here 2 help and learn together. Welcome to CFS :) God Bless you sir.
Thank you for your kind words and Christ-like attitude! Navigating this forum is a bit trickier than some of the other ones w/ which I'm acquainted. It'd be very generous on my behalf to say that "I'm somewhat computer/internet challenged!" ROTFL But I'm slowly learning my around! :)

Don't give up brother hehe. This is a new design for this site. I'm gettin better at it ...........navigating.

welcome-1.jpg

Back