Groups?

Groups?

I was wondering about the groups and group membership. What are they? How do they work? Are there any plans to activate that feature?

I forwarded the question to Jeff. I am sure he will be able to shed some light on this subject.

I believe that group membership have to do with permissions customised by the administrator.

The permissions are basically anything in between what an administrator can do and what a regular user can do.

Default groups (and therefore not shown) on this forum are:
Helper
Moderator Team
Administrator

There are some functions that can be added without the user being part of a group, like no PM before 5(?) posts, etc....
But if the Administrator had desired to set these permissions as part of a group, he could have created one, like, say 'Newby'
:D

I ask because a forum I was in at one time had a restrictd group feature that allowed members to establish a small group that could post and converse within forum guidelines. It created a semi private forum (a forum that could be read publicly but only posted in by is group members) I have also seen debate sub forums set up in a simular manner, restricting who can post in them. I was wondering if this feature would or could be made available here at CFS?

Cliff

Jeff is going to review this thread and I am sure he will be able to answer that also. Blessings on your day, Larry

I ask because a forum I was in at one time had a restrictd group feature that allowed members to establish a small group that could post and converse within forum guidelines. It created a semi private forum (a forum that could be read publicly but only posted in by is group members) I have also seen debate sub forums set up in a simular manner, restricting who can post in them. I was wondering if this feature would or could be made available here at CFS?

Cliff

That is actually a good idea and yes it could be implemented here at CFS. I'll be considering it for CFS. Any more suggestions to add? :)

sometimes a good spiritual song gets assosiated with diffrent things.really it,s good versus evil,and every country has both.:)

Back