Guardian Angels

I listened to a podcast last week. It was a long-form, rambling interview with an Irish woman who sees and converses with Angels. Apparently she sees them plain as day. It seems we each have our own angels watching over us. I find that comforting.

She told of a time she visited a Catholic monastery where young men were studying to become priests, and she spoke with Archangel Michael. He was wearing the garment of a teacher and while they were speaking, several young students approached them and also spoke with Michael. She was surprised since usually no one else can see angels when she meets them.

I wonder how many angels we meet unawares?

I listened to a podcast last week. It was a long-form, rambling interview with an Irish woman who sees and converses with Angels. Apparently she sees them plain as day. It seems we each have our own angels watching over us. I find that comforting.

She told of a time she visited a Catholic monastery where young men were studying to become priests, and she spoke with Archangel Michael. He was wearing the garment of a teacher and while they were speaking, several young students approached them and also spoke with Michael. She was surprised since usually no one else can see angels when she meets them.

I would say that this lady needs to take her medication or, adjust what she is taking.

I am very comfortable in saying that she did not she Michael. IT is very common for people of the Catholic faith to "see" or think they have seen angels, Jesus and Mary. They see their images on buildings, toast and water and in clouds.

I would also say that if we read the Bible carefully, there is NO mention of angel activity from the time of the Ascension of Jesus to the book of the Revelation and the Revelation is after the church is removed in chapter 4:1.

That dispensation is called the Age of Grace or the Church Age. In this time frame Jesus Christ DID NOT say I will send you angels to watch over you and care for you and guide you.

What He did literally say in John 14:7-14............
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

Comforter in the Greak = One just like the Original.

God promised us the Holy Spirit --- Not 2nd place in an angel. We were given God in the person of the Holy Spirit.

I would say that this lady needs to take her medication or, adjust what she is taking.

I am very comfortable in saying that she did not she Michael. IT is very common for people of the Catholic faith to "see" or think they have seen angels, Jesus and Mary. They see their images on buildings, toast and water and in clouds.

I would also say that if we read the Bible carefully, there is NO mention of angel activity from the time of the Ascension of Jesus to the book of the Revelation and the Revelation is after the church is removed in chapter 4:1.

That dispensation is called the Age of Grace or the Church Age. In this time frame Jesus Christ DID NOT say I will send you angels to watch over you and care for you and guide you.

What He did literally say in John 14:7-14............
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

Comforter in the Greak = One just like the Original.

God promised us the Holy Spirit --- Not 2nd place in an angel. We were given God in the person of the Holy Spirit.

Hello LearningToLetGo;

I have met Irish folks who practice Catholicism and shared their stories of angels, and theories about leprechauns, and unicorns.

However, I’m with Major, Scripturally. Otherwise, Jesus ascension to Heaven and the Helper or Holy Spirit’s descension would have no bearing. Instead we would have a legion of angels tending to us but this is not in Scriptures’ revelation. Michael and Gabriel had their specific assignments from God but with a hierarchical purpose.

Nevertheless, I am careful not to “talk down” in a rude manner to those who claim to have this angelic experience, and I have also rebuked when needed, those who attempt to spread angelic visions, instead of sharing the Gospel, in Acts 1 and 2.

Personally, I have no encounter with angels unaware, but instead have the Holy Spirit’s indwelling, interceding and conveying of my surroundings to our Father.

God bless you, brother.

Bob in faith

Back