Guidance by the Holy Spirit

Guidance by the Holy Spirit

John 16:13However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

The more time we spend with the Lord, the more we will get to know the voice of the Spirit and will not follow a strange voice. We learn to tune in to His voice and begin to hear Him more clearly. He is always speaking to us but at times we seem to be too busy to listen or have our mind filled with other things.

John 10:4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

The Lord speaks to us by His Spirit but it will never contradict His written Word. It is our safeguard. Praise the Lord for the truth and light of His Word.

Psalms 119:105Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

We should always test everything by the Word of God.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Some go by their experience, a voice or impression and think it is God, but that is not always true. The enemy will try to deceive us at times to get us off on the wrong path and out of God’s will.

2 Corinthians 11:14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

When I need direction I meditate on verses concerning guidance as I go through the day and try to be sensitive to His leading in every situation that arises to know what step to take next.

We compare all verses in the Bible on a certain topic to rightly divide the Word of Truth. God's Word contains the answer to any problem or situation that may arise. If it is not specifically stated, then there are principles in the Word to help guide us in the right direction.

Learn about the character of God when seeking guidance. Some may think a certain thing is of God but it is completely against His character and nature, so cannot be true.

Psalm 27:11Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

If we have prayed and committed ourselves to His way, we can stop and listen to His still small voice that says, go this way or that: sometimes caution or stop. Other times it’s like a green light, giving directions.

Isaiah 30:21And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

If we have prayed and committed ourselves to His way, we can stop and listen to His still small voice that says, go this way or that: sometimes caution or stop. Other times it’s like a green light, giving directions.

Isaiah 30:21And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Amen my sister . There are so many nuggets of truth in this post. If we are receptive ... Holy Spirit does direct our paths and sometimes I am just blown away by the things He does and leads . I can give so many examples but do not want to deviate from this wonderful thread.

We know that the Holy Spirit works in our heart and that without the Holy Spirit we could not become believers. Because the Holy Spirit is a Divine person of the Trinity we need to be aware of His leading and guidance . The Holy Spirit would never do anything out of character as He is a gentleman and not a force. The Holy Spirit deals with each of us in different ways as each of us are individualistic. .

This verse I posted on the first post here reminded me of something that happened

Its important to learn to hear the voice of the Spirit so He can direct us. He will help us detour around those snares the enemy has set up for us. We can avoid a lot of problems by being sensitive to Him speaking to us.

The Lord told me one day to get in the car and I didn’t know where I was going but just went on the streets I don't usually go on, driving where I was impressed to go, turning this way and that way . Then when I came to a certain place I knew why the Lord had directed me there. It was the answer to something I had been praying about and saved me from an expensive mistake.

John 10:3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

There has been times the Spirit alerted me to some danger. Once time I was driving to church and when I was almost there the Spirit said to go very slow and almost stop. I looked around and didn’t see anything wrong or anyone around but I did anyway. About that time ahead of me I saw a car come zooming around a curve at a high rate of speed, he had just ran a stop sign. If I had been going the correct speed limit and not slowed down he would have hit me.

Another situation was when I kept hearing in my spirit a song of deliverance. I didn’t pay attention at first because I was taking care of some important business. I didn’t understand what it was that I would need to be delivered of and why the song just keep going on and on. But I know I better not ignore the Spirit speaking to me, so took the time to pray and it was revealed to me this was not a good deal to go into. So the Lord delivered me from making a very bad mistake that could have affected the rest of my life.

Galatians 1:4Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father

2 Timothy 4:18And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

There have been times when I didn’t understand the delays when I was trying to go somewhere, but sometimes there is a reason. Later I would see an accident by the road as I went by and knew by the timing I could have very well been in it if I had been on time and not been delayed.

Praise God ... Those are wonderful testimonies of the Holy Spirit's leading and guidance.

I could have been killed as well as I recount , I was making a left hand turn ... The light had turned yellow and when I checked there was no car in sight . All of a sudden a car had just literally grased my car as the driver was running the light and some how I slammed on the brakes ... But I am sure it was not me who slammed on the brakes.

So many times around the house I loose things and ask the Holy Spirit to help me find my glasses etc . and He does.

I live alone and when things go wrong , I stop and ask the Holy Spirit to help me and answers come that I would never have thought about. and I proceed to fix the problem with His help .

I don't know anything about cars but Holy Spirit tells me when to get to the dealer ... He told a neibour to tell me about a back light that was out .... etc. I told God this is His car and He looks after it . When I had a flat tire in the church parking lot I said " What a blessing cause He sent some one from church to help me with it ." . Another time I was driving on the highway and when I got off the highway the car died and when I got out to see .... I was just about to open the hood when I was warned by the Holy Spirit no to open it and then the whole front of the car burst into flames.

GodSpeaks .... there is so much more throughout my life and these are just a few. Yes the Holy Spirit speaks to us and I can attest to that.

So many times around the house I loose things and ask the Holy Spirit to help me find my glasses etc . and He does.

I've misplaced important papers more than once and after prayer the Lord has told me where they were, some unusual places I'd not think of

Another time I was driving on the highway and when I got off the highway the car died and when I got out to see .... I was just about to open the hood when I was warned by the Holy Spirit no to open it and then the whole front of the car burst into flames.

Wow now that was a warning that saved your life! Glad you were sensitive to His voice

Following the Leading of the Spirit

Exodus 33:12 Then Moses said to the LORD, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people.' But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, 'I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.' 13 Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people." 14 And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 15 Then he said to Him, "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.

I only want to go where He's going. Without Him we can do nothing. If His presence is not there why would I want to be there?

Exodus 40:36 Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. 37 But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up. 38 For the cloud of the LORD was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

Who and what are we following, man or the Spirit of God? There are too many voices out there and seducing spirits. We should learn to follow the Spirit of God when He moves just as they followed the cloud when it moved.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

If we don't learn to follow Him in the little day to day situations, we won't be able to do so in the greater things.

Ruth 1:15And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. 16And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God

Once you have been influenced by a man or woman of Almighty God, you want to follow their God. What else is there to turn back to? I only want to follow Him and His ways. When almost everyone left Jesus He turned to the disciples and asked if they were going to leave Him too. In essence they were saying the same thing. What else is there to go back to?

Psalm 25:5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalm 31:3For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 43:3O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

His Word is truth so its important to follow His Word and His Spirit which is always in line with His Word. God's Word never changes.

John 17:17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

If we don't learn to follow Him in the little day to day situations, we won't be able to do so in the greater things

So true . He starts us with the little things as as He sees us faithful then He gives us greater.

Amen , GodSpeaks ... That's why Hebrews Chapter 11 is such a great example of the faithful men of God who sought after God and His promises and did not falter or sway from them .

My example would be Noah ... When I think of him being spirt lead ... wow ..and how people around must have thought he had gone off his rocker when he was building a boat for 100 years and they had never even seen a lake or ocean . He in my estimation had great faith but he also had the leading of the Holy Spirit . He never looked back but listened to all the instuctions as to how big to build and ark and the exact dimentions ... That took great Holy Spirit leading .

Hebrews 11

7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

That's why Hebrews Chapter 11 is such a great example of the faithful men of God who sought after God and His promises and did not falter or sway from them .

I was thinking of that chapter just yesterday. Their faith was so great, some died before seeing the asnwer come, yet believed the whole time never giving up. So even after death some prayers were answered.

Hebrews 11

7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

Can you imagine preaching to those rebellious people all those years but no one would listen to you? Yet he just kept preaching the truth. None could ever say they didn't know

Holly Spirit make our life is perfect like Father in heaven and Holly Spirit pray for us so we must hear His voice with pray and praise !!

The more time we spend with the Lord, the more we will get to know the voice of the Spirit and will not follow a strange voice. We learn to tune in to His voice and begin to hear Him more clearly. He is always speaking to us but at times we seem to be too busy to listen or have our mind filled with other things.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. The more time I spend with God the closer I get to Him and the more familiar and sensitive I am to His voice.

So, why do I let myself get too busy?
scratcede.gif
scratcede.gif
scratcede.gif

We do that but if we are sensitive to the Holy Spirit , He will reign us back in again . Satan has a way to distract us cause He does not want us to get the blessings.

This is all very good and I needed this right now...thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

Mary

Bless you Mary.

We all need to remember this every day

Holly Spirit make our life is perfect like Father in heaven and Holly Spirit pray for us so we must hear His voice with pray and praise !!

Yes the Spirit makes us more like our Father in heaven and helps us pray. Jesus sent Him to be our Comforter and Helper

I agree with this whole-heartedly. The more time I spend with God the closer I get to Him and the more familiar and sensitive I am to His voice.

scratcede.gif
scratcede.gif
scratcede.gif

Its the flesh that always wars against the spirit.

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Its a battle and a choice we make everyday. When we make the commitment to renew our mind to the Word of God first thing each morning and talk to the Lord, it helps to subdue the flesh. The more we feed on the Word and get our thinking lined up with the Word its much easier to be victorious, because the flesh will try to side with the spirit or our soulish nature.

Its the flesh that always wars against the spirit.

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Its a battle and a choice we make everyday. When we make the commitment to renew our mind to the Word of God first thing each morning and talk to the Lord, it helps to subdue the flesh. The more we feed on the Word and get our thinking lined up with the Word its much easier to be victorious, because the flesh will try to side with the spirit or our soulish nature.

That's right .... By renewing our mind daily and I would emphasize putting on the armour of God. We will win the battle cause the battle is the Lord's . And He is our Victor ... Amen Praise His name .... Hallelujah !!!!

Romans 12

Living Sacrifices

1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

That's right .... By renewing our mind daily and I would emphasize putting on the armour of God. We will win the battle cause the battle is the Lord's . And He is our Victor ... Amen Praise His name .... Hallelujah !!!!

Romans 12

Living Sacrifices

1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

That's why the His guidance is so important. He knows what we are going through and can show us if it is the armour we need to use, renew our mind, totally give ourselves to Him or whatever the solution may be

I have been putting off posting about this since I came here.

A few years ago I sensed there would be some drastic changes that would not be good. Sorry to say, with all the bad news lately, we can see it happening. On the other hand, the great news is that this shows we are much closer to the time the Lord will be returning!

When something drastically happens is not the time to try to develop our faith. We stay strong by daily meditating on the Word, worshipping, praying and fellowshipping with other believers.

What about those who do not know the Lord or those are not following Him closely anymore?

The Bible tells us not to fear, with Jesus we are overcomers. We must trust him with everything or we will not be able to overcome. In this past year or so many have not relied on Him and listened and instead of overcoming they we were overcome.

Think about other countries where its illegal to be a Christian and you go to jail or are killed. They MUST be able to hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to them. They can’t find where the other Christians are meeting and do not know who they can trust to speak to about the Lord.

This is why it’s important to be able to hear his voice. If we learn to listen and follow His leading in our lives in these last days, we don’t have to fear, He will give us wisdom and take care of us.

I want to encourage you to get alone with Him, get fine tuned into the Spirit enough to hear His specific directions.

We must keep our heart and eyes focused on the Lord and not the darkness around us or we will be full of that darkness. What we hear and what we see is what we will be full of. The eye is the gateway to the soul. Don’t read and listen to the news media today, the gossip blogs and forums, nor the words of man, but keep your eyes on the Word of God and the Spirit. What does HE say about all that is going on.

When I want to hear clearly, I listen to Him, and after He tells me something then I do it.You will know its Him because He always speaks in line with His Word. That's how He keeps us safe. He does not contradict Himself. After you know that you know that you know He is directing you, then do as He says and He will give you divine connections and divine directions. There will be certain people you are to go to, or particular things He will have you do. He will order your steps, and do some awesome things in your lives.

For me, this is the absolute key. I could hardly believe it when I found out it could be like this. I was driving down the freeway one day on the way to work. I got to thinking that nobody would put in a one way telephone line, and everyone seems to believe that if we ask God something in our head that He hears us. So while it is written that you should not put the Lord your God to a test, I decided I would because I was just honestly trying to find out if it was possible to hear Him in my head the same as I could talk to Him in my head.

So I asked in my head, "God, what lane of the freeway should I be in?" The thought came back to me, "Your ok". It seemed just like my thought but why did it come back "Your"? Wouldn't if I was talking to myself think "I'm ok." Anyway I went a little farther and tried it again and the same thing happened. Then I went a little farther and up in front of me, coming down the on ramp were a bunch of big rig trucks.

I was next to the slow lane and was about to get over to pass them up, when I remembered what I was doing. So I asked, "God, which lane of the freeway should I be in?" The answer came back, "Get in the right lane."

I exploded in my head, "I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE RIGHT LANE, I WANT TO BE IN THE LEFT LANE!!!" Then just as calm as can be the next thought came to me, "Well, do you want to listen to me or not?"

I froze. This was just a test. Clearly I was upset and the other thought was very calm. I got in the right lane, and everyone of the big rig trucks came down onto the freeway and got over one lane. All the other cars had already gotten over to the left and now the left three lanes were all blocked up. There was only one car now in the right lane, and that was me. I passed up everyone.

I was stunned!! Shocked!! How could it be like that? They don't usually tell you that stuff at church, but there it was. I started talking to Him all the time. I would talk to HIm about what clothes to wear, where to eat, and whatever else I could think of. And the results were incredible.

I would always be dressed up when the District manager gave a surprise visist, and dress down when I had to unload a truck. He once had me wear a jacket to work that I hadn't worn in a long time. It had a hood on it, and right when I got to work a surprise shower came down on me and about five other employees that were showing up at the same time. They all got wet, but not me. Things like this were happening all the time.

And His teachings were fantastic. You know how it says that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move a mountain. That is; you move the mountain with having faith the size of very small things!!! Guess what; ask Him and believe in Him for all the small things and the mountain moves!!

Nice thread Godspeaks!! You have got it right indeed.

So I asked in my head, "God, what lane of the freeway should I be in?" The thought came back to me, "Your ok". It seemed just like my thought but why did it come back "Your"? Wouldn't if I was talking to myself think "I'm ok." Anyway I went a little farther and tried it again and the same thing happened. Then I went a little farther and up in front of me, coming down the on ramp were a bunch of big rig trucks.

I was next to the slow lane and was about to get over to pass them up, when I remembered what I was doing. So I asked, "God, which lane of the freeway should I be in?" The answer came back, "Get in the right lane."

I exploded in my head, "I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE RIGHT LANE, I WANT TO BE IN THE LEFT LANE!!!" Then just as calm as can be the next thought came to me, "Well, do you want to listen to me or not?"

I froze. This was just a test. Clearly I was upset and the other thought was very calm. I got in the right lane, and everyone of the big rig trucks came down onto the freeway and got over one lane. All the other cars had already gotten over to the left and now the left three lanes were all blocked up. There was only one car now in the right lane, and that was me. I passed up everyone.

I was stunned!! Shocked!! How could it be like that? They don't usually tell you that stuff at church, but there it was. I started talking to Him all the time. I would talk to HIm about what clothes to wear, where to eat, and whatever else I could think of. And the results were incredible.

I would always be dressed up when the District manager gave a surprise visist, and dress down when I had to unload a truck. He once had me wear a jacket to work that I hadn't worn in a long time. It had a hood on it, and right when I got to work a surprise shower came down on me and about five other employees that were showing up at the same time. They all got wet, but not me. Things like this were happening all the time.

That's a great testimony of the guidance of the Spirit CBE!

And His teachings were fantastic. You know how it says that if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can move a mountain. That is; you move the mountain with having faith the size of very small things!!! Guess what; ask Him and believe in Him for all the small things and the mountain moves!!

Nice thread Godspeaks!! You have got it right indeed.

Thanks.
Another the thing about a mustard seed is altho is it very small it grow very big; just as your faith will grow.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Back