Guidance by the Holy Spirit

CBE .... absolutely love your testimony . Thank you for sharing as daily the Holy Spirit is our guide and He ministers to every one in a different way and like you said in ways that just blow you away and to be receptive is the absolute key .

Holy Spirit has told me where there is a good parking spot and is also my constant reminder and it may seem insignificant to others but it is not to me . Even if I am passing through a store I am reminded of a bargain that I had thought about a while back but it was completely out of my budget and there it is with a sale price on it .

Holy Spirit is interested in all aspects of our lives and for me to just say that is silly .... nope can't do that ... as I know it is real and He is there prompting me every moment of the day .

He is my guide at night time especailly as my night vision is not good . A few times ( probably more than a few ) I have gotten lost and I just stop and pray ... regroup and go the way He shows me and the one time was abolutely amazed to find I was not that far away from my home .

I also have a poor sense of direction so need the Holy Spirit to really direct my paths so to speak especially since I am driving alone.

He is my guide at night ---
Whoa! :D

When I read that part, this is what I heard in my spirit:

You’re my Guide
Always by my side
You guide me at night
You’re the perfect Light
My Guide by day
To show me to way

Lead me always
In all my ways
Only you know the way
Through this dark day
But we trust in you
To bring us through
Til you come again
And we enter in
To our Heavenly home
As you beckon us, “Come”

Hallelujah!

CBE .... absolutely love your testimony . Thank you for sharing as daily the Holy Spirit is our guide and He ministers to every one in a different way and like you said in ways that just blow you away and to be receptive is the absolute key .

Holy Spirit has told me where there is a good parking spot and is also my constant reminder and it may seem insignificant to others but it is not to me . Even if I am passing through a store I am reminded of a bargain that I had thought about a while back but it was completely out of my budget and there it is with a sale price on it .

Holy Spirit is interested in all aspects of our lives and for me to just say that is silly .... nope can't do that ... as I know it is real and He is there prompting me every moment of the day .

He is my guide at night time especailly as my night vision is not good . A few times ( probably more than a few ) I have gotten lost and I just stop and pray ... regroup and go the way He shows me and the one time was abolutely amazed to find I was not that far away from my home .

I also have a poor sense of direction so need the Holy Spirit to really direct my paths so to speak especially since I am driving alone.

Yeah, that is what I'm talking about. I can't tell you how many times I have lost something around the house and have found it by asking the Lord and Him telling where it was or reminding me where it last was. He has helped me create files for my business by telling me about features that my program had that I was totally unaware of. I have had Him fix computer and car problems and I never did find out what was wrong. For a couple of years I had a car that had a gas tank that always showed full, and I was just depended on Him to tell me when I needed gas. In fact it was Him that told me to buy that particular car. Obvouisly aware that He could use it to build my faith.

I'm not saying that you have to hear from Him like that, but I think that it is possible for everyone to get to where they can hear from Him like that. Isn't that the way it is going to be in heaven? And don't we pray "Thy kingdom come"? Isn't this the message?

He once told me: "Like instructions are given to servants, wisdom to sons, jokes to friends, so 'I love you' is said to a bride."

So shouldn't we be getting instructions, wisdom, jokes, and even hear Him say, 'I love you'?

PS 81:8 Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth comes knowledge adn understanding.

Song 8:13 O you who sit in the gardens, My companions are listening for your voice-- Let me hear it!"

Is 51:7 Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, A people in whose heart is My law.

Mt 9:29 ... It shall be done to you according to your faith.

Do we really believe that the Lord God is always with us? If so, how could we not be asking and listening to Him many times each day? How could we not be telling others this good news? I really like those I have found on this forum, because they do just that. They lead people to the Lord Jesus Christ!

Do we really believe that the Lord God is always with us? If so, how could we not be asking and listening to Him many times each day? How could we not be telling others this good news? I really like those I have found on this forum, because they do just that. They lead people to the Lord Jesus Christ!

CBE

Your whole post is awesome and I agree with everyhting you have said as I too experience His guidance and like you , He shows me where I have misplaced things , He fixes things and also has total stangers tell me things so if we are receptive to His voice .... it is totally awesome . I tell Him , it is His car when someting goes wrong and He needs to fix it ... Sometimes people think I am crazy but that does not matter to me . I know in whom I believe and He is there 24/7 . OUr God is alive .

CBE
He's found things for me so many times I can't count them, even very important papers, fixed appliances and the car several times when I would have been stranded, taught me how to do alot of things I knew nothing about, helped me assemble things I didn't know how to do. Even a few times when no mechanic in town could find my car problems I'd pray awhile and the Lord would give me an idea. I'd go suggest to the guy if he would try a certain thing since he couldn't figure it out,( I know nothing about the mechanics of a car) and he did and each time it worked. Now that's GOD!

CBE
He's found things for me so many times I can't count them, even very important papers, fixed appliances and the car several times when I would have been stranded, taught me how to do alot of things I knew nothing about, helped me assemble things I didn't know how to do. Even a few times when no mechanic in town could find my car problems I'd pray awhile and the Lord would give me an idea. I'd go suggest to the guy if he would try a certain thing since he couldn't figure it out,( I know nothing about the mechanics of a car) and he did and each time it worked. Now that's GOD!

I was certain that you and Dusty would have indeed been experiencing that type of guidance and help from the Lord. That is why we have to tell people about the Lord. It is not so much the promise of heaven and eternal life, even though those things are probably more important to us. We don't spend much time thinking about our future existance but more on our present existance. So how awesome is it, that we can have someone to help us in all the little aspects of our life. Then I get to thinking how wonderful it perhaps could be if everyone started believing and started talking to the Lord.

What an opportunety we have, but we as people just don't believe that He will help us, or fail to realize how much He care to bother asking Him about the little things. The more I talk to and listen to Him, the more I realize how much I miss because I don't listen to Him more. Trying to keep myself from leaning on my own understand through out the day is not easy. Still I try to turn a get information from Him 10 to 20 times on most days, because I can not think of a time when I turned to get information from Him, in which I didn't get something for my efforts.

WHO OR WHAT IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT WE PREACH?

This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased;
LISTEN TO HIM!

My sheep here my voice…

I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him…

This is a rebellious people, false sons, sons who refuse to listen…

How often do we listen to the Lord?

Do we believe……….. we can

Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

And His name is called The Word of God

“THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart” -- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching

If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved!!

NASB; Mt 17-5, Jn 10-27, Rev 3-20, Is 30-9, Jn 1-1,Rv 19-13 Rm, 10-8,9

I was certain that you and Dusty would have indeed been experiencing that type of guidance and help from the Lord. That is why we have to tell people about the Lord. It is not so much the promise of heaven and eternal life, even though those things are probably more important to us. We don't spend much time thinking about our future existance but more on our present existance. So how awesome is it, that we can have someone to help us in all the little aspects of our life. Then I get to thinking how wonderful it perhaps could be if everyone started believing and started talking to the Lord.

What an opportunety we have, but we as people just don't believe that He will help us, or fail to realize how much He care to bother asking Him about the little things. The more I talk to and listen to Him, the more I realize how much I miss because I don't listen to Him more. Trying to keep myself from leaning on my own understand through out the day is not easy. Still I try to turn a get information from Him 10 to 20 times on most days, because I can not think of a time when I turned to get information from Him, in which I didn't get something for my efforts.

We know we don't need to tell Christians about eternal life, they already had that. :D I know so many just put off their 'eternal' life' until they die. But we need to tell them it starts NOW. They don't enter into that abundant life Jesus came to give us. He wants us to enjoy it in the here and how. When we say He is Lord, really that is saying He is ruler and Master of ALL parts of our life. So we need to let Him do so.

Those are great verses

I was certain that you and Dusty would have indeed been experiencing that type of guidance and help from the Lord. That is why we have to tell people about the Lord. It is not so much the promise of heaven and eternal life, even though those things are probably more important to us. We don't spend much time thinking about our future existance but more on our present existance. So how awesome is it, that we can have someone to help us in all the little aspects of our life. Then I get to thinking how wonderful it perhaps could be if everyone started believing and started talking to the Lord

:amen::amen::dance::dance::dance:

Awesome post CBE and I am not going to quote the whole post but there are so many nuggets of truth there and you also have found the secret of living under the guidance of the person of the Holy Spirit and if others would come to realize that He is personal and wants to help us in all aspects of our life .... they would and could be blown away by the things He does in our every day living . Things we don't even think possible and I am sure you can attest to that as well as you already have in your posts.

Oh by the way , He just fixed my computer day before yesterday . It would not start ... I pressed the reset button , I turned the whole thing off at the source and tried to reboot .... nothing ... then when I asked Him to fix it and came back later It has been fine since and was instucted to run my virus scan so there . :smiley90:

Yes we need to tell people but we also show by our lives in our own neibourhood what the Lord does for us . People do watch when we tell them we are a Christian as one of my neibours siad to me ... " I see you going to church every Sun Morning" We can lead people to Christ by our example and they will want to know why we want to go to church or Bible Study .

I am on the board of directors for my complex and when they were scheduling the night to meet and wanted to do it on a Wed. ... I said ' I am sorry but I will not be attending because that is the night I go to Bible Study " Well there was a pregnant pause and then they all said ' Ok I guess we have to find another night " We need to stand up for what we believe and like you said it does not always have to be witnessing

Yes we need to tell people but we also show by our lives in our own neibourhood what the Lord does for us .

There was this busy beaver, and he was building a dam because…. Well, that’s what beavers do.

He was building a really good dam. There were no leaks in that dam. When he finished he noticed that the water was backing up behind the dam, so he built it higher.

Still the water kept coming, so he built it higher and wider. But, the water kept coming.

So he built it higher and wider and wider and higher. But the water kept coming,.. so he worked harder and harder, and built it higher and wider, and wider and higher, until he had built it from one side of the valley to the other.

BUT THE WATER KEPT COMING, so he worked really hard for days, weeks maybe, and he built it to the top of both sides of the valley.

Then he looked over the top, and do you know what he saw? WATER! Nothing but water! What happened to the trees? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIRDS? WHAT HAPPENED TO RABBITS, AND THE SQUIRRELS? WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS FRIENDS?

He turned around and couldn’t believe what he saw. Everything was dried up. The trees didn’t have any leaves, and the grass was all gone, and there were no birds or rabbits or squirrels there either.

Wow, he just stood there, for days, weeks maybe. Then water started coming over the dam and breaking it down, but he just didn’t care anymore.

One day he noticed a leaf on a tree, then he heard a noise behind him. He turned and looked at that side of the dam. The trees there were soggy, like they had been under water a long time. And the river was flowing in it’s banks again. Then he heard a noise, and saw a family of squirrels coming down the side of the valley.

There is a moral to this story. You don’t want to get working so hard you forget about your friends. You have to let the water of life flow through you!

Ps 78:1,2 Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old.

CBE
I wanted to comment about some of the things you said here the other day.

CBE said:
I was driving down the freeway one day on the way to work.

First of all this reminded me of a testimony. Speaking of cars, less than two weeks ago, I was backing up and heard the screeching, squeaking sound that brakes make when they need to be replaced, plus a grabbing sensation a few times. I had just got some costy routine work done on it that very day! I prayed immediately.' Lord I just got this home, please fix these brakes or what ever this problem is in Jesus name.' And I rebuked the devil and told him to take His hands off my car. He fixed it immediately because it hasn't happened since then! Glory to God!

I got to thinking that nobody would put in a one way telephone line, and everyone seems to believe that if we ask God something in our head that He hears us. So while it is written that you should not put the Lord your God to a test, ....

I think that is different. You didn't know and was just learning whether the Lord works this way. But of course we should not continually test the Lord knowing better and I'm sure you don't . After we begin to learn to hear His voice, the Word and Him speaking to us is the main ways He leads us. I don't believe we should "put out fleeces", or we could get ''fleeced"! That was an Old Testament thing.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Now in this New Testament time that we are children of God and the Spirit of God lives in us, we follow the voice of the Spirit.

...I decided I would because I was just honestly trying to find out if it was possible to hear Him in my head the same as I could talk to Him in my head. So I asked in my head, "God, what lane of the freeway should I be in?" The thought came back to me, "Your ok". It seemed just like my thought but why did it come back "Your"? Wouldn't if I was talking to myself think "I'm ok."

I understand what you are saying, but this is more for some who may be reading than for you. I would like to clarify something that You will probably agree with.

The Holy Spirit speaks to our SPIRIT not to our head. Our spirit man also has eyes and ears that see and hear in the spiritual realm. It may seem what He speaks to our mind, such as giving us impressions or even vague thoughts, as well as strong ( or loud) thoughts occasionally, especially in the event of an emergency. But the more sensitive we become His voice our mind 'picks up' what our spirit is hearing Him say.

I remember as soon as I was filled with the Spirit, I thought I was having all kinds of conflicting thoughts. But after I began to learn about the things of God, I looked back later and realized it was GOD speaking, at first, then the enemy putting thoughts in my mind, and then my own thoughts of trying to figure out what was going on.

Anytime the Lord speaks to us, the enemy comes immediately and tries to steal that Word of God from us.

Mark 4:15And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts

John 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Then we must make a choice which to listen to and thats why its so important to know the Word of God so we can be sure to side with the Lord and not be tricked.

There are times when we are more sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit than other times. When we are in worship and prayer is when it's easiest to hear Him. But we can't do that 24/7/ Lately I have stopped several times during the day to be more aware of His voice so I can act on what He says.

We can be so busy that if He speaks to us during our busy activites and responsibilities we will sometimes just think we had a quick fleeting thought, when it was a quiet gentle nudge of the Holy Spirit. It could something very important He was trying to tell us that we needed to know right at that time

1 Kings 19:12
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

I'm so glad we can go to the Lord and be led by His Holy Spirit any time of day or night about any situation. He has saved me from many mistakes and helped me make the best decisions

I'm so glad we can go to the Lord and be led by His Holy Spirit any time of day or night about any situation. He has saved me from many mistakes and helped me make the best decisions

My sentiments exactly . Yes the decisions that come from Him are the best cause He wants us to have the best.

Even like Jonah who made a very bad mistake , God still turned it around into good . :smiley90:

Do not pray for more of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity and is not in pieces.

Every child of God has all of him, but does he have all of us? —F. B. Meyer(British pastor, evangelist)

Its the flesh that always wars against the spirit.

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Its a battle and a choice we make everyday. When we make the commitment to renew our mind to the Word of God first thing each morning and talk to the Lord, it helps to subdue the flesh. The more we feed on the Word and get our thinking lined up with the Word its much easier to be victorious, because the flesh will try to side with the spirit or our soulish nature.

It's not possible to subdue the flesh. That will only happen when Jesus returns and changes us.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

This will continue to happen until Jesus returns. Even Paul, was unable to subdue the flesh, hence, he hated what he was doing.

Born again and saved Christians still keep on sinning because they were born sinners and we have a sinful nature. Paul explained that he kept on sinning because it was THE SIN IN HIM causing him to sin, but he HATED to sin. He didn't say he kept on sinning because he liked it, he said he sinned and he hated it.

Did you ever notice in Rom 7:15 Paul was saying that he hates what he was doing and not doing what he wanted. Paul wrote that many years after having been saved, yet he was still sinning terribly. Paul taught that “the sin in me” is causing me to sin.

Romans 7:14-8:1
14 The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. 15 I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. 16 I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 But I can’t help myself, because it is sin inside me [THE SINFUL NATURE] that makes me do these evil things.
18 I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can’t [I CAN'T DO IT!! HE IS NOT SAYING HE IS REFUSING HE IS SAYING HE CANT - THIS IS THE WAY WE ARE AS SINNERS] make myself do right. I want to, but I can’t. 19 When I want to do good, I don’t. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. [HE IS SAYING THAT EVEN WHEN HE TRIES TO DO THE RIGHT IN HIM THAT THE SINFUL FLESH NATURE MAKES HIM DO THE WRONG] 20 But if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing it [IT'S THAT SINFUL NATURE DOING IT SO I AM NOT GOING TO BLAME MYSELF ANYMORE - BLAME THE FALLEN SINFUL NATURE] ; the sin within me is doing it.
21 It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

He seems to be saying here that we are all in trouble - including himself because he was writing about his own experience. Paul blames the sinful nature as if it is another person inside of us who is stronger than us and wins. The harder he tries to fight this sinful nature the more he loses and then feels miserable!

But then the answer comes .... it is Jesus!!! even whilst I am fighting and losing to the sinful nature i am still accepted and not condemned because I belong to Jesus!! Jesus accepts me whilst I am unacceptable therefore this means that I can accept myself and put the blame on the sinful nature inside of me.

The difference between a lost person and a saved person is that lost people don't care when they sin against God. But saved people do care and they hate sinning!

God who is within us helps us to be overcomers in every situation.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Back