Guidance by the Holy Spirit

I agree 100% it is written therefore it happens. YES YES YES

True. We are born into sin and born a sinner. Hence, the need to be BORN AGAIN, but this time, by the HOLY SPIRIT.

That is the only way

Chili out

I agree 100% it is written therefore it happens. YES YES YES

True. We are born into sin and born a sinner. Hence, the need to be BORN AGAIN, but this time, by the HOLY SPIRIT.

That is the only way

Chili out

Amen brother. Most people, and even most Christians do not fully understand the reason for the need to be born again, because we were born sinners of the flesh, and Earthly father, so we are in need to be BORN AGAIN, but this time by the Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Father.

Hmmmm........... it is myself as you and everybody else. No matter hard we try WE still sin. that is y Jesus came to earth to take the burden for us. HE is our mediator to the Father.
listen.......I resist most, however I am still flesh. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. As long as I am here on earth in the flesh it is inevitable that I/WE will sin. Period. no ifs ands or buts. God said it I believe it that settles it. period. :D

Chili out.

Hmmmm........... it is myself as you and everybody else. No matter hard we try WE still sin. that is y Jesus came to earth to take the burden for us. HE is our mediator to the Father.
listen.......I resist most, however I am still flesh. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. As long as I am here on earth in the flesh it is inevitable that I/WE will sin. Period. no ifs ands or buts. God said it I believe it that settles it. period. :D

Chili out.

What's your obsession with chili? I always wanted to ask you that :)

I like the way Paul explains why we continue to sin.

Romans 7:14-8:1
14 The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. 15 I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. 16 I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 But I can’t help myself, because it is sin inside me [THE SINFUL NATURE] that makes me do these evil things.
18 I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can’t [I CAN'T DO IT!! HE IS NOT SAYING HE IS REFUSING HE IS SAYING HE CAN'T - THIS IS THE WAY WE ARE AS SINNERS] make myself do right. I want to, but I can’t. 19 When I want to do good, I don’t. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. [HE IS SAYING THAT EVEN WHEN HE TRIES TO DO THE RIGHT THING THAT THE SINFUL NATURE MAKES HIM DO THE WRONG THING] 20 But if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing it [IT'S THAT SINFUL NATURE DOING IT SO I AM NOT GOING TO BLAME MYSELF ANYMORE - BLAME THE FALLEN SINFUL NATURE] ; the sin within me is doing it.
21 It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Paul blames the sinful nature as if it is another person inside of us who is stronger than us and wins. The harder he tries to fight this sinful nature the more he loses and then feels miserable!

I can relate to this, because with all my heart I would love to stop sinning because I hate and detest sinning, but I continue to sin, and Paul explained why.

Thank you Paul for explaining this to us and giving us peace so we don't continuously blame ourselves for our stumbling. ;)

i think Paul (as with ourselves) could feel Isaiah when he stated "Woe is me! For I am undone..." (Isa 6:5)

The Holy Spirit should be the one leading us in all our decisions! No matter how trivial it is. I like this quote of Adrian Rogers about David and Solomon: "Through the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit, they learned to rely on the ministry of the Holy Spirit to turn their points of weakness into pillars of strength!"

The Holy Spirit should be the one leading us in all our decisions! No matter how trivial it is. !"
Amen. He knows what will happen before it does, and many times He has led me to do a certain thing or go a certain place that did not seem to make sense to me, yet He has a purpose. Sometimes it was to protect me, other times it was so I could minister to someone in need

Back