Gunman Took Abortionist's Life to 'Save Lives of Unborn'

Gunman Took Abortionist's Life to 'Save Lives of Unborn'

Scott Roeder on Thursday admitted before a jury to shooting and killing a late-term abortion doctor. He justified his action, stating that he needed to protect the children.

More...

While I find what Dr. Tiller did for a living abhorrent, I cannot condone murdering someone, especially in a church where children may have witnessed it. You murder someone you deserve to be convicted of murder. God did not say, "thou shalt not kill" with the stipulation of, "unless you're killing someone who does something you disagree with". Murder is murder and two wrongs don't make a right. Roeder played the part of God. God might have done a mighty work in Tiller's life. He could have stopped performing abortions and undergone a miraculous transformation. Now there is a widow and children without a father. When Roeder murdered Tiller he didn't bring any of those aborted babies back to life. No lives were spared. Another doctor from a neighboring state stepped up to fill in and perform abortions after Dr. Tiller's death. Terrorism is never acceptable. Murder is never acceptable. My prayer is that there will be peace for Roeder's family as he serves his time and that Roeder will get things right with God.

Back