hahaha!

hahaha!

The Little Old Lady and the Atheist

There was a little old lady, who every morning stepped onto her front porch, raised her arms to the sky, and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD!'

One day an atheist moved into the house next door. He became irritated at the little old lady. Every morning he'd step onto his front porch after her and yell: 'THERE IS NO LORD!'

Time passed with the two of them carrying on this way every day.

One morning, in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped onto her front porch and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! Please Lord, I have no food and I am starving, provide for me, oh Lord!

The next morning she stepped out onto her porch and there were two huge bags of groceries sitting there.

'PRAISE THE LORD!' she cried out. 'HE HAS PROVIDED GROCERIES FOR ME!'

The atheist neighbor jumped out of the hedges and shouted:
'THERE IS NO LORD; I BOUGHT THOSE GROCERIES!!'

The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted: 'PRAISE THE LORD! HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH GROCERIES AND MADE THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM!'

GOD IS SO GOOD!

[fwrd in my email]

heheheh.. :)

I have read this one and it is my fav!
i read it to my mom a few weeks ago and i thought she was going to fall out of her chair laughing!

aLWAYS A GREAT ONE!

I thought about that for a while. Then this Scripture came to mind.

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Gettheebehind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

When it says Jesus turned, one can assume he turned and looked Peter in the eye when he said, “Get thee behind me satan…”
Jesus wasn’t actually calling Peter satan, but talking to satan who was working through Peter. My initial view of the joke was the same. I didn’t take it as a little old lady calling that man the devil.

And if an atheist does something nice for someone else, if he’s not doing it for the glory of God, it is in no way, shape or form, good works. The atheist had his own agenda. He wanted to prove the old lady wrong. That’s why he bought the groceries. Good works had nothing to do with it.
And for that matter, there are many Christians who do good things, but do them with their own agenda. When they do that, they are not doing good works.

The atheist had his own agenda. He wanted to prove the old lady wrong. That’s why he bought the groceries. Good works had nothing to do with it.
I disagree. A lot of atheists, not all, care quite a bit about the quality, advancement, growth of society. Helping those within the society improves the quality of this society and further enhance the togetherness of a community which ends up helping us express ideas more openly. Many atheists do care about their fellow people and want a society that does the same and so they set an example.

Though it is not as good of a work of doing it for God's glory, I still don't feel that we should be so cynical about the actions of atheists.

Back