Halloween

Greetings:
Brings out creativity,especially for kids.Instead of just sitting on couches, making them bored out of their
minds,they can make me laugh.Our politicians are only the real demons we have,visible.To me,Satan's
demons would find nothing to boo about during Halloween.Christmas seems to be their favorite.
I sure do get a sore back carry out drunks.
bye

Greetings:
Brings out creativity,especially for kids.Instead of just sitting on couches, making them bored out of their
minds,they can make me laugh.Our politicians are only the real demons we have,visible.To me,Satan's
demons would find nothing to boo about during Halloween.Christmas seems to be their favorite.
I sure do get a sore back carry out drunks.
bye

Halloween is no laughing matter and if you don't believe in demons, you are being deceived.

Last year I took my daughter trick-or-treating for Halloween. This year I have to work on Halloween, same with next year.

I hate Halloween and it's disturbing how popular it has become, especially among kids. It's a sign of times, I guess.

Speaking of which:

Large 'Spooky' Asteroid to Narrowly Miss Earth on Halloween

http://www.accuweather.com/en/featu...roid-earth-halloween-astronomy-space/53105143

Is this a warning from God or just an amazing coincidence?

How are planning to spend your Halloween by the way? Is it possible to be a Christian and celebrate Halloween?
I used to take my kids to a harvest day party, put on by the church. They get to dress up still and play games. So there is a non demonic way of celebrating so that the kids don't feel left out.

1I hate Halloween and it's disturbing how popular it has become, especially among kids. It's a sign of times, I guess.

Speaking of which:

2. Large 'Spooky' Asteroid to Narrowly Miss Earth on Halloween

http://www.accuweather.com/en/featu...roid-earth-halloween-astronomy-space/53105143

How are planning to spend your Halloween by the way? Is it possible to be a Christian and celebrate Halloween?
1. It's a pitty that Halloween is assoicated with evil. I wish it was just a dress up. Definitely a sign of the times.

However if I was living in the US, I would dress my children up. But moderately. It can be a fun day. Wicked people will make something evil of any event.

2. I don't believe in coincidence's. God gives people warnings every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year...until they dead.

Is it possible to be a Christian and celebrate Halloween?

That's the same as asking if a Christian can drink a beer, watch a secular tv show or enjoy a game of poker.

The answer is yes, of course. If you go out on Halloween to celebrate the devil, and associate yourself with the drunkards and debauchery, then yes, you're in the wrong. But that happens at Christmas, New Years, Saint pattys day and every other holiday.

If you dress up, enjoy trick or treating and handout candy to kids, I don't see any wrong in it.

I think first Corinthians 8 is applicable in this. If it goes against your conscience, don't do it, but plenty of Christians celebrate Halloween without coming close to associating themselves with devil worship

No, I don't think halloween is as harmless as it seems. Yes, there are sweets and funny costumes but it is a celebration of the devil.

I'm sure the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden looked delicious, too. That's how the enemy works and we can never be too cautious.

John Ramirez on this:

On Halloween

Halloween's root word is All Hallow’s Eve or All Saint's Eve…. that is: the EVEning before the DAY

As a society of men, community, we give honor to birth but more so, of DEATH of one: why?:
I think we celebrate one's "death" more on reason of giving honor to another one of a “job well done”….
in the same manner we celebrate heroes death rather than birth because we honor what they did

What more of Saints, for Christians…. to honor or admire their being good servants of the Lord….

St. Paul and St. Peter and a lot other already have their own "day" for us to give honor to...
And IMO: for reason of practicality and there surely a lot, unknown Saints also deserve a "day" for us to honor them...

That is, a DAY to give honor to the Saints....

For the EVEning before that….. that will be a VIGIL…..vigil is also a tradition by Early Church, even Catholic and Protestants alike...

It's a day set aside for evil people to commemorate death. It is no laughing matter. The common ways we see it celebrated is a smokescreen, and simple-minded people fall for it, not knowing what is behind it. Once Christians know, they would be responsible under God for what they allow their children to partake in, knowingly.

It is a shame and a travesty to see Christian children being allowed or encouraged to compromise by participating in an evil celebration under the guise of fun.

Last edited:
I hate Halloween and it's disturbing how popular it has become, especially among kids. It's a sign of times, I guess.

Speaking of which:

Quite a controversial topic. At least that is how it is perceived. I think it is outright wrong for Christians to celebrate Halloween. What I say that, celebrating halloween in its spirit. But at the same time, is it wrong to let kids put some nice costume to school? I don't know! I have been thinking about that too deeply and praying what I should for the upcoming halloween costume party in her school. They don't take the kids to any trick or treat. They just allow kids to wear nice costumes and go for a round in the school itself. They are also prohibiting scary or super hero costumes. They are trying to encourage kids to use this as a positive opportunity. I have even got my kid doctor dress from disney. I am still praying if the Lord would stop me if this is not something we should let me daughter indulge in.

No, I don't think halloween is as harmless as it seems. Yes, there are sweets and funny costumes but it is a celebration of the devil.

I'm sure the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden looked delicious, too. That's how the enemy works and we can never be too cautious.

John Ramirez on this:

I have not seen the video, but i do agree that we as believers need to be more Bible centered.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Have you made a decision?
Yes, she is not going. After lot of thoughts and prayer, I thought it is best to not let her go. The real driver was, if I am going to have these many questions and this much thought, that is an indication I am not ready to send her!!
We got her dress and everything. So we will let her play and enjoy at our home itself

Yes, she is not going. After lot of thoughts and prayer, I thought it is best to not let her go. The real driver was, if I am going to have these many questions and this much thought, that is an indication I am not ready to send her!!
That's a good point.

Speaking of which:

I agree!

Halloween has now become the 2nd most popular holiday behind Christmas. It is also in 2nd place in retail sales.

I am going to do what we do every year. It is just another day. My wife and I will go out to dinner with friends, come home and beat the dog, (just kidding) watch a movie and be asleep by 7:00. We are old so that is late for us!

It's a day set aside for evil people to commemorate death. It is no laughing matter. The common ways we see it celebrated is a smokescreen, and simple-minded people fall for it, not knowing what is behind it. Once Christians know, they would be responsible under God for what they allow their children to partake in, knowingly.

It is a shame and a travesty to see Christian children being allowed or encouraged to compromise by participating in an evil celebration under the guise of fun.

Absolutely agreed! It is a celebration of death, depravity and Satan himself and it should be avoided at all costs.

If we open our doors and give out candy to children we are just as guilty as if we are dressed down and going door to door ourselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_All_the_Saints

1. For all the saints, who from their labours rest,
Who Thee by faith before the world confessed,
Thy Name, O Jesus, be forever blessed.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
2. Thou wast their Rock, their Fortress and their Might;
Thou, Lord, their Captain in the well fought fight;
Thou, in the darkness drear, their one true Light.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
3. For the Apostles’ glorious company,
Who bearing forth the Cross o’er land and sea,
Shook all the mighty world, we sing to Thee:
Alleluia, Alleluia!
4. O may Thy soldiers, faithful, true and bold,
Fight as the saints who nobly fought of old,
And win with them the victor’s crown of gold.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
5. For the Evangelists, by whose blest word,
Like fourfold streams, the garden of the Lord,
Is fair and fruitful, be Thy Name adored.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
6. For Martyrs, who with rapture kindled eye,
Saw the bright crown descending from the sky,
And seeing, grasped it, Thee we glorify.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
7. O blest communion, fellowship divine!
We feebly struggle, they in glory shine;
Yet all are one in Thee, for all are Thine.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
8. And when the strife is fierce, the warfare long,
Steals on the ear the distant triumph song,
And hearts are brave, again, and arms are strong.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
9. The golden evening brightens in the west;
Soon, soon to faithful warriors comes their rest;
Sweet is the calm of paradise the blessed.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
10. But lo! there breaks a yet more glorious day;
The saints triumphant rise in bright array;
The King of glory passes on His way.
Alleluia, Alleluia!
11. From earth’s wide bounds, from ocean’s farthest coast,
Through gates of pearl streams in the countless host,
Singing to Father, Son and Holy Ghost:
Alleluia, Alleluia!

Back